Dove for sale! 544 careful owners - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Dove for sale! 544 careful owners

Dove VSI is wrong

Hi everyone,

Wonderful Dove ! THANKS ROB !!
    However, the VSI indicator is wrong.
    Below is what you want and what you need :

For +500 ft/min you need to aim for +100 ft/min in the VSI (not 500)
    For +700 ft/min you need to aim for +150 ft/min
    For +1000 you need to aim for +225
    For -1000 you need to aim for -275
    For -700 you need to aim for -200
    For -500 you need to aim for -150

Just my 2 cents to help the Dove becoming even better...

Alex

as the Navy version was already done by Andy (good job!), here is the David Brown version:

db (00006) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

db (00007) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

db (00009) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

db (00011) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

https://flightsim.to/file/71173/de-h...dh-david-brown
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Nice clean livery. Thank you JK.
    T43

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spatialpro View Post
    I just published this one (781 NAS at HMS Daedalus). As with the RAF Devon, if there are other Fleet Air Arm Sea Devon people are interested in (esp. with the same line work) please just let me know. Even moreso if you have reference material to hand.

Cheers

Andy

Thanks Andy!! I love all those RAF/FAA paints! Thanks!

dl

Any chance of someone taking a look at G-AKJP - initially operated by Silver City, the sold to and operated by Iraq Petroleum Transport Co until 1968. A great aircraft for bumbling around the Gulf - a friend of mine (as a boy) used to fly in it from Umm Said, south of Doha in the Trucial States (Qatar) as far as what is now Rene Mouawad (Qlayaat) Airport in Northern Lebanon. I've also read that it was used for shopping expeditions from Qatar to Bahrain !

Some photos on the web of the early blue scheme including one in colour - google search on reg finds. ABpic have a photo of her in a later green scheme.

If this appeals to anyone ....

Many thanks

G-AKJP, maybe, but first something else:
    Screenshot (11238) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Screenshot (11251) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Screenshot (11255) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Screenshot (11259) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Screenshot (11262) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by NOSNILMOT View Post
    Any chance of someone taking a look at G-AKJP - initially operated by Silver City, the sold to and operated by Iraq Petroleum Transport Co until 1968. A great aircraft for bumbling around the Gulf - a friend of mine (as a boy) used to fly in it from Umm Said, south of Doha in the Trucial States (Qatar) as far as what is now Rene Mouawad (Qlayaat) Airport in Northern Lebanon. I've also read that it was used for shopping expeditions from Qatar to Bahrain !

Some photos on the web of the early blue scheme including one in colour - google search on reg finds. ABpic have a photo of her in a later green scheme.

If this appeals to anyone ....

Many thanks
    Here it is landing at Bagdad, looking forward to screenshots of your adventures
    G-AKJP(00002) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

G-AKJP(00003) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

G-AKJP(00004) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

G-AKJP(00008) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

and a link: https://flightsim.to/file/71404/de-h...roleum-company

Many thanks - really appreciated - I know someone who will also be happy.

Will have a go at the screenshots, though when I last tried i struggled to get then to post ......

A dove of Normandy

Hello everyone,
    I am happy to offer you a fictional texture for Robert Richardson's De Havilland 104 Dove.
    This livery is in a way the continuation twenty years later of that of the fast De Havilland 89 Dragon that I shared here:
    (https://fr.flightsim.to/file/21326/r...-rapide-f-acgv)
    I hope that you will like her.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dove 01.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	527.1 KB 
ID:	93498

you can download it here:https://fr.flightsim.to/file/71400/d...-air-avranches
    Good flight !

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Here it is landing at Bagdad, looking forward to screenshots of your adventures
    G-AKJP(00002) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

G-AKJP(00003) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

G-AKJP(00004) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

G-AKJP(00008) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

and a link: https://flightsim.to/file/71404/de-h...roleum-company
    Nice livery JK.
    You have previously mentioned you are color blind, so I wonder how you go about getting the accurate colors that you come up with, such as the green on this livery?
    T43

Quote Originally Posted by Twice43 View Post
    Nice livery JK.
    You have previously mentioned you are color blind, so I wonder how you go about getting the accurate colors that you come up with, such as the green on this livery?
    T43
    I use the colorpicker in photoshop with a picture of the original, in this case. Or I work with rgb/hex codes if they are available. Doesn't always work correctly though, but when people say things like "it needs a bit more green" I have no clue...

Some great repaints for this beautiful aircraft. Jankees, I particularly like the Macrobertson Miller Airlines one - perfect for touring Australia, and visiting Orbx's Alice Springs.

Hello Rob and thank you for the Dove!

Let me please highlight few issues you might consider looking at if you find some time:

1) readme is missing (it is referred to by one of your posts earlier in this thread)
    2) I did not find a way how to tune ADF (only via external app like Mobile Companion App)
    3) I did not find a way how to swap ADF stand-by and active frequencies
    4) while I can tune Com and Nav frequencies, I did not find a way how to swap stand-by to active (COM1, COM2, NAV1 and NAV2)
    5) the red ADF needle does not point to the NDB station (with NDB station to the left, it points to the right)
    6) glideslope needle on the VOR gauge is reversed (below the center position when below the glideslope and above the center position when above the glideslope)
    7) still on the VOR gauge, the azimuth ring should move when dialing in the radial (e.g. the course index should be aligned with the selected radial); now it does not move with radial change and moves in accord with the heading flown
    8) still on the VOR gauge, it indicates it is driven by GPS all the time (GPS indicator is in green) even though the gauge is linked to NAV1; I did not find a way how to switch it to VLOC (NAV1); the switch labelled GPS on the autopilot panel is always on and switching it does not make a difference. The NAV switch next to the GPS switch is non-clickable

Well... that much from my side in case you plan to release an update :-)

Thanks,

Milan

Thanks for sharing this, Milan! Anxious to check it out.

Is this a stand-alone folder you drop into the Community folder, or do you overwrite the original Dove files?

This is a plain vanilla mod that you just unzip into your Community folder.

Avionics fix mod

Not sure what went wrong so I am re-posting

Hi all,

I like the Dove quite a bit and for my personal use I started to fix the avionics issues highlighted in my previous post. Then I thought Why not to share it with other here?

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/zqhxy...7c71ayebx&dl=0

The fixes are as follows:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thumb.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	331.9 KB 
ID:	93684
    (EDIT: don't know how to make the inserted picture appear bigger, sorry)

- ADF can be tuned with the three knobs below the ADF screen
    - ADF stand-by and active frequencies can be swapped by clicking on the ADF display
    - NAV1 and NAV2 stand-by and active frequencies can be swapped by clicking on the NAV1/NAV2 displays
    - VSI now displaying correct value
    - Glideslope fixed (before it was reversed)
    - Azimuth ring on the VOR1 gauge now rotates together with selected radial
    - ADF needle (red) on the RMI gauge is now pointing to the station
    - The double green needle on the same RMI gauge is linked to NAV2 (as before there was a NAV2 radio but no gauge linked to it).

Besides, I also changed a bit the way the NAV radios are tuned:
    - the left knob tunes MHz and the right knob tunes KHz
    - mouse wheel logic for tuning the NAV radios changed to be more intuitive (and in line with common practice in other aircraft addons I believe).

Please note that since many animations are not linear (they are progressive instead), some gauges/needles are still not 100% correct. The linearity of animations can't be changed without editing the 3d model so this is (as far as I know) outside of my powers :-) In practice what happens is that for instance with the same rate of CDI course increase, the azimuth ring moves rather slow away from N and then accelerates towards S (and vice versa back to N). I hope this makes sense? By the looks of it, the ADF and VOR2 needles on the RMI gauge demonstrate the same problem as is the heading selector needle on the DG (I can think about a possible workaround but reckon that editing the source file would be definitely a way to go).

Let me know please whether it works fine for you.
    Happy landings!

Milan

Just moved the mod to fs.to in case seomeone is still interested:

https://flightsim.to/file/72395/deha...e-avionics-fix

Once back home, I will try to address the non-linear needle and dials animations.

Nice work on those avionics! I had installed a copilot, and she needed something to do!

August
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dove-1.jpg  

Updated model available with a list of improvements and a new "Gipsy Queen" sound set by Gary Jones.

Sweet ! On my way to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by robcarrich View Post
    Updated model available with a list of improvements and a new "Gipsy Queen" sound set by Gary Jones.

Thanks Rob

Thank you for the update Rob!

I haven't found the changelog. Are Milan's avionics fixes built into this, or do we still need his addon?

August

Thanks for the update Rob!!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU