Dove for sale! 544 careful owners
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Dove for sale! 544 careful owners

Dove for sale! 544 careful owners

Last edited by Tom Clayton; April 16th, 2024 at 09:09. Reason: D/L link added to OP

Quote Originally Posted by robcarrich View Post
    Available in library

May I be the first to thank you for release of this, and I have not even downloaded it yet. Your work is greatly appreciated by this community, and this writer.

Thank you sir!

- Kenneth

Thank You for bringing it to MSFS also!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thankyou Rob, looks great. Off to download now...

edit: doesn't seem to be available yet, assume it's waiting approval.

Supposedly there are 5 entries, but I see only 4??? I guess Rob's entry is number 5???

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Thankyou Rob, looks great. Off to download now...

edit: doesn't seem to be available yet, assume it's waiting approval.
    It's available!

https://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforu...2&linkid=30573

I'm sure you people will enjoy it as much as I do!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Thank so much, just download. Looking forward to try it out. Brings back good old memories.

Thank you Rob!!

SOH-CM-2024
    She's in the hanger, but a busy day has forbidden me to fly her yet. Thanks Rob, going to take a short hop before bedtime. It's a beauty.

Cazzie

Thank you Rob. Be a little while before I get to fly her, but looking forward to it.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Rob, thank you so much!!! NC

Thank you, Rob, for this wonderful gift!

I've been singing the praises of this beautiful aircraft over in the official MSFS forum. I've shared several screenshots with the hope that it will serve these purposes.

1. Let more people know about not just the aircraft, but also Rob's talent. There must be plenty of people out there who are not in SOH. So, hopefully it will inform them about the project.
    2. To remind people that SOH exists, and is a valuable resource. Maybe we can help attract more people to this great site.

I was careful to issue the disclaimer that it is not up to the level of today's "top level" commercial addons, this to alleviate unnecessary and unwarranted criticism, BUT I also pointed out that this is a great addition for freeware fans, and for those De Havilland aficionados who enjoy the reminder of a time when both aviation and the world seemed simpler!

Anyway, maybe the post will get the word out there.

Now, with Rob including the aircraft.cfg, it allows us to tinker! (YES!!! - Listen in Asobo...) So I tried a simple alias to find out how the Dove would sound when playing the sounds from two other aircraft in my collection. These aircraft were Dave Garwood's Rapide (the predecessor to the Dove), and the BlackBox Islander with its throaty engine resonance.

If you have these aircraft, here's what to do.

1. Back up your aircraft.cfg from Rob's aircraft.
    2. Refer to the section

[FLTSIM.0]
    title ="Dove British Eagle"
    model =""
    panel =""
    sound =""

If you have the Rapide active in your sim, change the sound line to read this.
    sound="\..\..\rapide\sound"

If you have the Islander, that line should read
    sound="\..\..\blackbox-aircraft-BN-Islander-PAX\sound"

If you ONLY change the FLTSIM.0 section, then only the British Eagle will take the new sounds, leaving the rest as is for easy restoration of the sound line.

Anyway, a fun experiment, and one I trust will not offend Rob. It's a compliment to the great appeal of his model that I found myself doing this!

See what you think if you try it.

(It's almost like the FSX days again - Ah the warm fuzzy! - LOL)

- Kenneth

Quote Originally Posted by vipgroup View Post
    I've been singing the praises of this beautiful aircraft over in the official MSFS forum. I've shared several screenshots with the hope that it will serve these purposes.

1. Let more people know about not just the aircraft, but also Rob's talent. There must be plenty of people out there who are not in SOH. So, hopefully it will inform them about the project.
    2. To remind people that SOH exists, and is a valuable resource. Maybe we can help attract more people to this great site.

I was careful to issue the disclaimer that it is not up to the level of today's "top level" commercial addons, this to alleviate unnecessary and unwarranted criticism, BUT I also pointed out that this is a great addition for freeware fans, and for those De Havilland aficionados who enjoy the reminder of a time when both aviation and the world seemed simpler!

Now, with Rob including the aircraft.cfg, it allows us to tinker! (YES!!! - Listen in Asobo...) So I tried a simple alias to find out how the Dove would sound when playing the sounds from two other aircraft in my collection. These aircraft were Dave Garwood's Rapide (the predecessor to the Dove), and the BlackBox Islander with its throaty engine resonance.

2. Refer to the section

[FLTSIM.0]
    model =""
    panel =""
    sound =""

If you ONLY change the FLTSIM.0 section, then only the British Eagle will take the new sounds, leaving the rest as is for easy restoration of the sound line.

Anyway, a fun experiment, and one I trust will not offend Rob. It's a compliment to the great appeal of his model that I found myself doing this!

- Kenneth
    And you have informed Rob of this undertaking before you did this?

Cees

Very nice job, Rob. Thanks for the plane. It's great fun.

Skinners? We're still at least 539 repaints short, here. Let's see what you can do!

August

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    And you have informed Rob of this undertaking before you did this?

Cees
    I might be missing sarcasm, but devs don't need to know when people alias sounds on their own local copy of an addon. They might care of those files are repackaged and redistributed, but there wouldn't be any harm in that either unless the dev explicitly said they didn't want any files redistributed but that wasn't done. Thanks to vipgroup for the tip. I'll try it out as I have both of those addons!

Quote Originally Posted by LostPilot View Post
    I might be missing sarcasm, but devs don't need to know when people alias sounds on their own local copy of an addon. They might care of those files are repackaged and redistributed, but there wouldn't be any harm in that either unless the dev explicitly said they didn't want any files redistributed but that wasn't done. Thanks to vipgroup for the tip. I'll try it out as I have both of those addons!
    It's not the tinkering, but the MSFS forum 'advertising'.

Cees

Thanks a lot, Rob. The right gift for my day off today

Always had a a weak spot for the Dove since I saw one - an old old LTU bird - on a local airshow a long while ago.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MSFS_200.jpg 
Views:	447 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	93313

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MSFS_201.jpg 
Views:	452 
Size:	192.6 KB 
ID:	93314
    Last edited by grunau_baby; February 26th, 2024 at 22:10.
    Dont grow up! ... It´s a trap!

May I be the first to thank you for release of this, and I have not even downloaded it yet. Your work is greatly appreciated by this community, and this writer.

Thank you sir!

- Kenneth
    I couldn,t have said it better. Thx Rob.

2. Refer to the section

[FLTSIM.0]
    model =""
    panel =""
    sound =""

- Kenneth
    Thank you so much Kenneth for your wisdom and ability and for your gentlemanly actions in posting screenshots over at the MSFS site, something I could have done myself had I wanted ( which I didn't )
    Thank you also for pointing out the models shortcomings, these things need to be said!

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by K5083 View Post
    Very nice job, Rob. Thanks for the plane. It's great fun.

Skinners? We're still at least 539 repaints short, here. Let's see what you can do!

August
    working on a few:
    176 (00006) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

SE-GRA(02) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

PH-FST(00001) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

SOH-CM-2024
    What a beauty Rob, the Eagle has landed.

Cazzie

Attachment 93316

Thanks Rob, any chance of a Devon too? Just needs the pilot cabin roof aerial removing and a blade aerial placing on the fuselage roof.

Many good wishes.

Members who have read this thread: 482