FSX can no longer be activated by phone

Thread: FSX can no longer be activated by phone

FSX can no longer be activated by phone

My simming is all done offline - no Steam - Old School with a disc. recently I had to reinstall FSX all on a new pc after the old one broke but forgot that - now unsupported - there would be no-one there at the other end of that phone line to activate it

I'd spent a fortune on addons for this, including a shed load of photoreal scenery - and now it all seems to be useless. I've tried GOG with no luck - can this thing ever be activated without an internet connection?

Members +
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawsthorne View Post
    My simming is all done offline - no Steam - Old School with a disc. recently I had to reinstall FSX all on a new pc after the old one broke but forgot that - now unsupported - there would be no-one there at the other end of that phone line to activate it

I'd spent a fortune on addons for this, including a shed load of photoreal scenery - and now it all seems to be useless. I've tried GOG with no luck - can this thing ever be activated without an internet connection?
    You obviously have an internet connection to post here, any reason as to not using it to activate FSX? Microsoft stopped supporting FSX ten years ago.. Gotta move with the times.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

I'm using a laptop for this forum - the gaming pc is in another place & can't be connected. As for moving with the times, our connection is so lousy I couldn't game online anyways even if I wanted to, which I don't. Without the phone activation I need another way; thanks for replying anyway, Robin

Members +
    I'm using a laptop for this forum - the gaming pc is in another place & can't be connected. As for moving with the times, our connection is so lousy I couldn't game online anyways even if I wanted to, which I don't. Without the phone activation I need another way; thanks for replying anyway, Robin
    I'll PM you with a possible solution..
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Without the phone activation
    Very strange I reinstalled FSX into new laptops to replace inactive nd retired laptops over years (one FSX per active laptop) and it never asked me for phone activation. Activation is done by accepting correct serial key code.

Don't you have serial key code?

Aharon

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    Very strange I reinstalled FSX into new laptops to replace inactive nd retired laptops over years (one FSX per active laptop) and it never asked me for phone activation. Activation is done by accepting correct serial key code.

Don't you have serial key code?

Aharon
    Yes I do, but of course this has to be done online using the computer on which you've installed the sim!

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    I'll PM you with a possible solution..
    Thanks, mate - you should find a PM from me when you come on. We'll see how it goes

Members who have read this thread: 76