Battle of France - Jagdgeschwaders 1 and 21 models released

Thread: Battle of France - Jagdgeschwaders 1 and 21 models released

Icon22 Battle of France - Jagdgeschwaders 1 and 21 models released

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - German

Description: Messerschmitt Bf 109E-1 by Design Team Daedalus

Unit: 2./JG21 "Black 11," Unit unknown
    Pilot: Unknown

To improve on the performance afforded by the 690 hp Jumo 210 of the earlier Bf 109 versions, the larger, longer 1080 hp Daimler-Benz DB 601A engine was used. As a consequence, the nose, cooling system, and wings had to be redesigned resulting in the classic Bf 109 series. In late 1938, the Bf 109E entered production. It entered general service with the Luftwaffe in the spring of 1939. A total of 1,183 E-1 were built, 110 of them were E-1/B fighter bomber versions.

There were many small differences between individual E-1s because the E-1 was often modified in the field by groundcrew and rear area repair depots. The production standard was lightly armed with two 7.92mm MG17s above the engine and two in the wings and had no pilot armor. Mods included types of pilot head armor,E-4 type squared canopies, E-7 type pointed spinners, etc., but changing the wing MG17 armament required new different wings.

So each model we have created has its own unique features. This aircraft sports the oldest camouflage scheme used on the E-1.

By the time the later Bf 109E-4 and Bf 109E-7 marks were equipping the Jagdgeschwaders a program was initiated to withdraw and remanufacture the surviving E-1s to either full E-4 or E-7 standard.

Pstrany is the primary model author with some small model refinement and additions by Captain Kurt as the model was collaborated on during development. Captain Kurt created the textures for each, the 2D instrument panel, the individual .dp files, air files and aircraft.cfg files.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Messerschmitt Bf 109E-1 2./JG 21.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Messerschmitt Bf 109E-3 4./JG 1.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - German

Description: Messerschmitt Bf 109E-3 by Design Team Daedalus

Unit: 4./JG 1 "White 15" Germany, 1940
    Pilot: Frankenreich Frühjahr

To improve the performance of the Bf 109E, the last two real prototypes (V16 and V17) were constructed. These received some structural improvements and more powerful armament. Both were the basis of the Bf 109 E-3 version. The E-3 was armed with the two MG 17s above the engine and one MG FF cannon in each wing. Some units began receiving the E-3 by September 1939. A total of 1,276 E-3 were built, including 83 E-3a export versions.

There were many small differences between individual E-3s because the E-3 was often modified in the field by groundcrew and rear area repair depots. The production standard had no pilot armor. Mods included types of pilot head armor,E-4 type squared canopies, E-7 type pointed spinners, etc.

So each model we have created has its own unique features. This aircraft was modified with flat plate and curved top pilot head armor, an armored glass windscreen and rear view mirror.

Pstrany is the primary model author with some small model refinement and additions by Captain Kurt as the model was collaborated on during development. Captain Kurt created the textures for each, the 2D instrument panel, the individual .dp files, air files and aircraft.cfg files.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Messerschmitt Bf 109E-3 4./JG 1.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Rami and Team Daedalus,
    Thank you for the new Emils.

Icon22 Reply...

Quote Originally Posted by skylane View Post
    Rami and Team Daedalus,

Thank you for the new Emils.
    Skylane,

Thank you for your reply. These are for the Battle of France - Part I overhaul that I currently have underway to provide more historical accuracy.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Thank you Team Daedalus, your work is always excellent. Can't get enough of the 109.

msfossey

Thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    These are for the Battle of France - Part I overhaul that I currently have underway to provide more historical accuracy.
    This sounds promising!!!

Blog Entries
    Rami and Team Daedalus
    Many thanks for these wonderful aircrafts, they are very appreciated
    Beepee

Excellent Rami, just looking at the pics shews the hard work you all have put into the project. Pundits all round! Graham.

Members who have read this thread: 72