sneak peek

Thread: sneak peek

sneak peek

I have been busy building this aircraft. I am taking a break to play with CFS2 for a little bit before working on it again. Here is a sneak peek. UncleTgt is painting it and building scenery files for the campaign. Skylane is writing a campaign for this aircraft. Lots of work left to finish it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ki-61 vc.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Looks awesome

It looks really nice, can't wait to see it

Whoa nice details!
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Yippee. Remarkable detail.

Wow indeed. I had to look to make sure that I was in CFS2 section!

Thanks for nice comments! UncleTgt is working hard in painting this aircraft. He will enjoy hearing your comments on his paint schemes.

Here is a new Japanese pilot that will be included with this aircraft.

This is one of UncleTgt's paint scheme.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ki-61-1.jpg  

Looking forward to this one; my favorite Japanese fighter. AcWai building them and Uncle Tgt painting them; what a great team. Thank you.

msfossey

I hope that the Ki-100 will follow as the currently available version has many problems with mirrored textures as well as different scaling of those textures. If not, then I will thoroughly enjoy this one! It's looking great!
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by KC013 View Post
    I hope that the Ki-100 will follow as the currently available version has many problems with mirrored textures as well as different scaling of those textures. If not, then I will thoroughly enjoy this one! It's looking great!
    Check out Allen's ki-100's in the Library. Pretty sure he de-mirrored the textures. You must be referring to a much older model.

Quote Originally Posted by KC013 View Post
    There will be five versions. They are: Ki-61, Ki-61-II Early, Ki-61-II Late (bubble canopy), Ki-100-I Ko, and Ki-100-I Otsu.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    Check out Allen's ki-100's in the Library. Pretty sure he de-mirrored the textures. You must be referring to a much older model.
    Thanks, will have a look. The original textures were not only mirrored, but also scaled differently on the mirrored side. The number "177" originally appeared backwards and larger on the mirrored side.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by AcWai View Post
    There will be five versions. They are: Ki-61, Ki-61-II Early, Ki-61-II Late (bubble canopy), Ki-100-I Ko, and Ki-100-I Otsu.
    Looking forward to all of these! Thank you!
    Ken

This looks awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by AcWai View Post
    Excellent! Will she come with various skins covering the different theaters (PNG, Rabaul, Philippines, Formosa, Japan Homeland, etc.)?

Quote Originally Posted by Roxane-21 View Post
    This looks awesome!

Excellent! Will she come with various skins covering the different theaters (PNG, Rabaul, Philippines, Formosa, Japan Homeland, etc.)?
    Thanks for all the comments from everyone and the interests in this aircraft. We are still making modifications to the aircraft. It also needs new airfile for all the different models.

It is hard to keep track of all five versions and the associated paint schemes. Every time you change something, you have to change it for over 25 paint schemes.

Here is what the Ki-61 Hien looks like. All the gauges have been built.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ki-61-039.jpg   Ki-61-036.jpg   Ki-61-040.jpg  

Library Staff
    Well done Andrew - the aircraft is a work of art!
    Cheers,
    Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Roxane-21 View Post
    This looks awesome!

Why? It's not like anyone will create some new missions or campaigns using them, is it ...

Blog Entries
    Wow that be purty. I got the Aerosim k-61 along with a slew of other Japanese fighters and up until now they had the best cockpits to be had. This is clearly going to be superior to those payware planes.

Why? It's not like anyone will create some new missions or campaigns using them, is it ...
    They could be used as replacement aircraft in older missions/campaigns.
    And "Quick Combat" is still a thing, isn't?

Something might actually be in the works... 😎

Quote Originally Posted by skylane View Post
    Something might actually be in the works... 
    I know, & I'm sure it will be really good when it's released.

I just hoped my challenging comment might have spurred some "new" contributors into action though ... but it just got swerved/ignored

I mean why wouldn't Acwai & myself spend hundreds of hours making 5 different aircraft, with appropriate skins, just for users to shoehorn into "old" missions/campaigns, or use in Quick Combat, & not even share any mission updates they made with them?

Oh well, it was worth a try

Icon28 Reply...

I mean why wouldn't Acwai & myself spend hundreds of hours making 5 different aircraft, with appropriate skins, just for users to shoehorn into "old" missions/campaigns, or use in Quick Combat, & not even share any mission updates they made with them?

Oh well, it was worth a try
    UncleTgt,

I'm working on it....I'm working on it...
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    UncleTgt,

I'm working on it....I'm working on it...
    Thanks Rami. We are close to releasing the first model: AWKi-61 Hien with over 10 paint schemes.

BTW: Has anyone seen a blue Ki-100. There were only a few made. You will soon get one in CFS2.

http://www.aviationofjapan.com/2019/...lours.html?m=1

http://modelscale.free.fr/profils/ki100_P/index.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ki-61-070.jpg  

Thanks for your hard work Andrew and Uncle, this looks really promising
    And thanks also for those websites, it's great to have more resources about Japanese planes.

Coming in awhile

You all have seen the Tic Tac videos captured by the amazed navy pilots. Well this UFO (supposedly secretly built by the Lockheed Skunkwords) will be shooting down everyone in cfs2. No skins yet, no animation yet but someday when I can remember all this (I'm driving AW crazy) it will be here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tictac.png  
    I'm not over the hill. I'm on the back nine.

Members who have read this thread: 111