Scenery modification

Thread: Scenery modification

Scenery modification

Back when FSX was at its height of popularity, there was software available to modify scenery. Instant scenery was one such program. P3D wasn't as simple to accomplish the same thing, but not too difficult.

I am surprised that some developer has not come out with a program to do this with MSFS. Maybe because there are continuous updates that make numerous changes that would upend such software, I don't know.

The process for modifying MSFS scenery is totally unlike what I had used before. I've been watching YouTube videos and taking my time, but it is easy to get confused. My first goal is to place static aircraft in scenery. NC

I don't know when you got your FS PPL Chief but back in early 1990 we got "Aircraft & Scenery Designer" or 'A&SD' by Bruce Artwick Organisation. Here's were the virtual flying world opened up for us creative flightsimmers. I'd say easily a just as exiting and important release as the 4th iteration of Flight Simulator itself.

I can honestly say that buying A&SD back then has been the best FS add-on i have ever bought because i quickly learned that nothing is as rewarding and can give you as much pleasure as creating your own FS stuff. Be it scenery or aircraft or preferably both.

I know i ain't helping you much with your question, with the release of MSFS i thought it was time for me to stop creating stuff and just enjoy the flying, i just wanted to wish you luck on your creative path in this amazing new flightsim we have now and dust off a bit of FS history at the same time..

Good luck with your endeavour, Chief, it may be a bumpy road but a great reward will be waiting for you at the end of it. I can promise you that !

I am not interested in creating new scenery; just adding objects, specifically static aircraft to existing scenery! NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    I am not interested in creating new scenery; just adding objects, specifically static aircraft to existing scenery! NC
    Ok, well, that's how we all started... Anyway, good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Ok, well, that's how we all started... Anyway, good luck with that.

Actually, my interests are even more specific in that I am only interested in adding USN static aircraft to NAS base sceneries. First up? KVQQ NAS Cecil Field, with A-7s

Pete,

Maybe this can help? https://docs.flightsimulator.com/htm...ery_Editor.htm

Cheers,

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Pete,

Maybe this can help? https://docs.flightsimulator.com/htm...ery_Editor.htm

Cheers,

Priller
    Oh yes, plus there are several tutorial YouTube videos for it. Am watching repeatedly. NC

Members who have read this thread: 94