Windcones and Segmented Circles

Thread: Windcones and Segmented Circles

Windcones and Segmented Circles

Originally in KPLN Pellston Airport thread, I thought the more that I learn and discover it should have its own thread. I only have a few minutes before a family funeral today and banquet tonight but I wanted to get this up. I will be doing a duplicate of it at the Prepar3D forum here as well.

Hali-brite real-world manufacturer of windsocks says there are two sizes based on diameter according to the FAA:
    Size 1 = 18" diameter
    Size 2 = 36" diameter

I have the complete windsock file download from Jacques-Paul BOLLARD (Bégipé) – AKA JP67 at pilote-virtuel.com which I will pack up and post in this and the P3D thread unless I can find the download link to it. After searching the download sites AND the pilote-virtuel.com I did not find where I downloaded it from and since he just requires an acknowledgement as long as it's for free, I will share a zip of the full file including readme's. Barnstable also has oildrum half segmented circle which I will create like I did the aluminum tent circle shared here this week.

More later........

Complete Windsock File

I searched all over for Jacques-Paul BOLLARD (Bégipé) – AKA JP67 at pilote-virtuel.com. I was able to log onto pilote-virtuel.com, but being unable to become a new member because the registration process said not accepting any new applications. Consequently there is no search capability and with 437 pages of utilities, I didn't think that was very likely to find anything. There is no objection by Jacques-Paul Bollard to use or include his windsocks in any scenery so I am providing a link to download his complete folder. There is a readme in both French and English explaining and translating the descriptions which are all in French. He says that in order not to have any problem, to include the complete folder in your SODE sim object folder. To use a particular windsock, you will need to select it and properly add it into the particular SODE xml for the windsock; pole; and supporting shrouds in any. If you do use them in any scenery please include him as the designer in the readme which is only a common courtesy to the designer.

Here is the link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ficx2...SOCKS.zip/file

Small Airport Objects

I was able to convert Sidney Schwartz's Small Airport Objects which I downloaded from AVSIM. He created all kinds of really nice objects for FS2004 back in the day which are in many of the sceneries he created. These are created from FS2004 to native FSX using Model Converter X so that they can be used in Airport Design Editor by uploading the complete bgl with the Library Object Manager. If you use one or more of them you will need to add the complete library into the scenery folder and the bmp's into the texture folder of your airport. Be sure to give him the credit for them in your README and absolutely do not upload your airport onto any site that charges for downloads. I am making it available here because he has segmented circles and also the landing direction markings to add to the circle at untowered airports which you can read in the FAA manual pdf above.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ynpv0...s_FSX.zip/file

Members who have read this thread: 71