F-22A and F-117

Thread: F-22A and F-117

F-22A and F-117

I am no marketplace frequenter whatsoever. I buy stuff i like outside as much as possible. I wanted to have a look at that Deimos F-5E just now and while it installed i noticed an F-22A Raptor by Top Mach Studios and an F-117 Nighthawk by Aerial Sim. I honestly can't remember having read anything about these two aircraft here at SOH.

Question : Why not ??....

They must be there for a while now i guess ? What's wrong with them that they seemingly passed by in total silence or did i really miss the news comments about them ?

Has anyone bought any of these bad boys ? How are they ? Too pricey maybe ? No weapons = No interest ? Are they available outside marketplace ?

Appreciate and thank you very much for any insight !

(i sort of always liked that sinister F-117...)

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    I am no marketplace frequenter whatsoever. I buy stuff i like outside as much as possible. I wanted to have a look at that Deimos F-5E just now and while it installed i noticed an F-22A Raptor by Top Mach Studios and an F-117 Nighthawk by Aerial Sim. I honestly can't remember having read anything about these two aircraft here at SOH.

Question : Why not ??....

They must be there for a while now i guess ? What's wrong with them that they seemingly passed by in total silence or did i really miss the news comments about them ?

Has anyone bought any of these bad boys ? How are they ? Too pricey maybe ? No weapons = No interest ? Are they available outside marketplace ?

Appreciate and thank you very much for any insight !

(i sort of always liked that sinister F-117...)
    I have the TMS 117. Boring as hell. I've flown it once or twice. It's me not the sim. Without a mission other than screen shots, these fighter planes seem better suited for DCS. Still, I get pulled into buying them.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    I have the TMS 117. Boring as hell. I've flown it once or twice. It's me not the sim. Without a mission other than screen shots, these fighter planes seem better suited for DCS. Still, I get pulled into buying them.
    Well, [whisper mode On]in between us, dvj, flightsims, trainsims, trucksims, shipsims CAN be a bit boring at times, can't they, i believe that comes with the genre..always been happy with A&SD/FSDS/Gmax/3dsmax/PSP on the side... [whisper mode Off]

Understand, sure. But other than that, the price is right, right ? And because it's already retired it has always intrigued me that it's still kind of a mystery aircraft. Would you say it is sufficiently modeled/textured/flightmodeled and soundpushed ? (i know that's rather a lot for such a small price..)

What i wanted to ask you, dvj: is there a manual ? If there's a good manual available that gives a bit of insight in the real Nighthawk i'd say that would already warrant the price, wouldn't it ?

Thank you !

Javis,

Check your PM's please!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

The f-117 passed by here. A long time ago though.
    https://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforu...-Released-10-7

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    The F-117 is pretty good, just don't expect it to fly like an F-16.

You can try the freeware version of the F-22 here: Lockheed Martin F-22A Raptor: Top Mach Studios Freeware Edition for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

I have the F-117 which I bought purely because I love the outlook of that plane.
    The 3D model is very nice, the VC as well. The flight model is a little bit special since there are no flaps. I haven't used it much yet though. Most of my military jet time is being spent with the Mig21 :P

The F-22 I didn't buy (yet), but I followed the discussions for a while. It looks very good and it seems the flight model has some interesting parts, but I have never tried it. The freeware version has something that pushes me away, graphically. I loved the F-22 by IRIS back in the P3D days, but I didn't like the screenshots of the freeware F-22 for MSFS...

When it comes to missing topics about various releases, it is indeed a problem. Most of the discussions are too often met with replies such as "You should use DCS instead...", so no wonder nobody want to talk about military jets here anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Spook48 View Post
    The f-117 passed by here. A long time ago though.
    https://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforu...-Released-10-7
    Wooaaa!! You know what, i have seen that thread when it was 'hot' ! Totally erased from my memory stick ! (pilots with bad memory sticks like that shouldn't fly F-117 ! ;-)

That's just great, Spook ! Thanks very much !

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Javis,

Check your PM's please!

Priller

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    The F-117 is pretty good, just don't expect it to fly like an F-16.

You can try the freeware version of the F-22 here: Lockheed Martin F-22A Raptor: Top Mach Studios Freeware Edition for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS
    Thanks for the tip, Ferry, very cool !

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    I have the F-117 which I bought purely because I love the outlook of that plane.
    The 3D model is very nice, the VC as well. The flight model is a little bit special since there are no flaps. I haven't used it much yet though. Most of my military jet time is being spent with the Mig21 :P
    Merci, Daube ! Mig-21 another one i'd like to try. IIRC it was Captain Sim's freeware introduction in FS9. Kinda liked it !

The F-22 I didn't buy (yet), but I followed the discussions for a while. It looks very good and it seems the flight model has some interesting parts, but I have never tried it. The freeware version has something that pushes me away, graphically. I loved the F-22 by IRIS back in the P3D days, but I didn't like the screenshots of the freeware F-22 for MSFS...
    Ok, merci mon ami. I'll certainly download the freeware first. The price doubles that of the 117... I saw a docu about it the other day and became interested. Remarkable design especially on the ground on its short legs...The A-10 is called Thunderbolt II but it would've been a better nickname for the F-22 because it looks pretty tubby as well. (i hope i don't offend any Raptor aficionados...) I never had the F-22 before so let's see...

When it comes to missing topics about various releases, it is indeed a problem. Most of the discussions are too often met with replies such as "You should use DCS instead...", so no wonder nobody want to talk about military jets here anymore...
    Sure thing, i'll enjoy them in silence...

As far as aircraft are concerned DCS is totally amazing ! Still i can say it's not exactly my cup of tea. I just don't see the point so much of blowing things up. Too much of that going on in the real world. I like my peace and quiet in my virtual flying world. You'd say then don't buy fighter and bomber planes ! And you'd be very right about that.

Thanks, Daube !

Blog Entries

As far as aircraft are concerned DCS is totally amazing ! Still i can say it's not exactly my cup of tea. I just don't see the point so much of blowing things up. Too much of that going on in the real world. I like my peace and quiet in my virtual flying world. You'd say then don't buy fighter and bomber planes ! And you'd be very right about that.
    I rarely blow things up in DCS. I fly it because the flight models and cockpits are just so amazingly real. After flying a DCS aircraft, flying the same thing in MSFS seems to me to be toyish. (I know I just made up that word.)
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    I rarely blow things up in DCS. I fly it because the flight models and cockpits are just so amazingly real. After flying a DCS aircraft, flying the same thing in MSFS seems to me to be toyish. (I know I just made up that word.)
    I was thinking about going the DCS route just for that Mosquito. The modeling looks great in the promotional videos and there may be some fun missions. I mean, just look at this thing.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaQVkA8C0bU
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

I saw a docu about it the other day and became interested. Remarkable design
    To think I didn't like the design of the F-22 when it first became active... and nowadays I'm almost in love with it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opE6...=DustinFarrell

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

There’s a second F-117 under development from Hangar Studios 713, so might want to wait for that one if you’re interested.

In addition to what looks like a higher level of detail/system simulation than the Aerial Simulations version, they’re also doing the proposed naval variant.

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    Now those horizontal stabilizers will make it NOT the "Wobbly Goblin."

Members who have read this thread: 118