MSFS Flight Dynamics - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MSFS Flight Dynamics

Quote Originally Posted by modelr View Post
    I Think it was the Stearman. I remember sitting in the cockpit and moving the view around, and seeing the ailerons move, without the view "snapping" back to default.
    No, Sir, honestly, i think you might be too much hooked up on the wonderful current GAS Stearman to think that...

It was deffinately an enclosed cockpit. I can still see it before me. Mostly black with entry doors maybe on either side and even opening/closing windows IIRC. Also IIRC i was about the only one ravin about it, atleast at first. Not sure when the first VC for the Stearman arrived. But it was not like VC's started to appear like one after the other after Bill's amazing innovation. Took a while for everyone to accept it as the final standard for a flight simulator cockpit. Many simmers then kept their precious 2D panels on the side..

For fun last night I took the AH MSFS DC-3, the AH P3D5 DC-3, and the Jahn P3D4 DC-3 on the same tour around Lake Okanagan from Kelowna, just to check out differences.

In VR, all cockpits looked the same size. There might be an illusion that the MSFS cockpit is smaller because the VR eyepoint is not correctly aligned left-to-right with the pilot's seat or yoke, it is offset about a foot toward the center. I'll have to fix that in the cfg. I had forgotten how wonderful the Jahn flight deck is, it looks great in VR. It was also the sharpest and easiest to operate cockpit of the three, because MSFS and to a lesser extent P3D5 add so much post-processing and blurring to get that photoreal look. There's a good argument that P3D4 (and maybe XP11?) are the best suited sims for VR, if you have good addon scenery.

In terms of flight dynamics, none seemed more bumpy or on-rails than the others. On the MSFS DC-3 I am using the GotFriends and Duckworks mods, so this does not reflect on the original flight model. The MSFS plane was faster than the two P3D planes and lighter on the ailerons as well. All were still within what I think of as the region of plausibility for a DC-3. Of course, MSFS had less directional stability on the runway, as always. All were lovely to fly and it's amazing to think that all three are free.

August

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Unfortunately it's "Le" And since "ordinateur" starts with a vowel, it's going to the "L'ordinateur"
    Sure, thank you ! I was really under the impression you'd have made that female related.. (hope i'm not #me too infringing..)

To come back on tracks with the flight models topic, I'm curious to see the improvements coming with the SU15.
    We, atm i just closed down SU15.... Unflyable... Never seen this before. VC constantly moving up and down ! Crazy !

Also this annoying 'Wait' gif is back in the bottom right corner. Been there a while ago for a day or two. Now it's back. This is right after installing SU15 so maybe everything Ok again after a reload. Positive thinking you know.

Wah Hail: (a weather phenomenon)

Been gone from FS for a few years and finally banged down the bux for a setup that would run the new sim. Some things good, some not. Maybe flown it about 160 hours so far, most of the time in The PMDG 737-800 and DC6B. The 737 with a few differences is like an old shoe, sims, especially new ones have a learning curve. Getting controls setup and calibrated are part of the issue.

I did the FD's for the MILVIZ FSX and P3D Corsairs, and I always liked the plane so I bought the new Milviz one. So far I can't fly it! I'll get to investigating it in a bit.

How one gets into the new system I am as yet unaware. Mot pleased with everything being harder to find, file wise.

Tom

Members who have read this thread: 166