Need help locating MSFS

Thread: Need help locating MSFS

Need help locating MSFS

Last March I had some drama in my life and after a couple months in the hospital and eight months living at my daughters I'm finally in my own place again with decent internet.
    I'm trying to get MSFS launched so I can have it update itself. But I can't recall or find it anywhere.

So wondering it someone who has a shortcut to launch it would check the properties of the shortcut and paste them in a reply. That will hopefully get me looking in the right place.

Thanks in advance.

Never mind I found it.

How are YOU doing, Frank? I hope well! NC

Thanks for asking. I'm back home now with decent internet. Very quiet here though.

yes - haven't seen you in the forums in quite awhile - I'm near KSAN myself.
    Glad you are recovered well enough to be home.
    Looks like the main MSFS forums are down however...
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Hi.

Yes, something is messed up with MSFS. I found the launch icon the other night and it acted like it was going an update. Not nearly as long as I would have expected having not done any in several months.
    But now when I launch it says "Installing Dependencies" for a moment and then takes me to some Microsoft Gaming Services website asking me to install some tool.
    If I hadn't bought the GAS Stearman a couple weeks ago I'd probably chuck the whole thing but I would like to see that one in flight.

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    yes - haven't seen you in the forums in quite awhile - I'm near KSAN myself.
    Glad you are recovered well enough to be home.
    Looks like the main MSFS forums are down however...

Well - you do need to be logged in to the Xbox site, then you need to bellowed into your MS Store. Then in the MS store you need to click on the ‘Update’ icon on the lower left of that home page - this will update ALL of your MS related apps including Xbox and MSFS - then you need to open MSFS and go to the Marketplace and make sure you click on any ‘new content’ ‘region’ or other ‘update’ related material. Then you are directed to your MSFS ‘content manager’ and this is where you actually install all the stuff.
    Maybe this is what will get the job done
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Yes, if you open the Xbox app, it should offer to update anything (like gaming services) that are out of date or missing.

If that doesn't help. you can also to the Microsoft Store apps, Library, and choose "Get Updates."

Thanks all for the help. I let it update for several hours this afternoon into evening.
    Seems like there were a lot of updates while I was away.

Members who have read this thread: 88