VR Quest 2

Thread: VR Quest 2

VR Quest 2

Are any of you using VR Quest 2?

I bought it, but I'm just blurry about things in MSFS
    IPD set up,but I can't solve it,very confusing
    Can anyone help me?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Gday and welcome to the crazy and challenging world of VR.

I use a link cable and an adapter to connect my headset to the PC in order to play MSFS with my headset. It's basically just a long USB 3.0 cable with an adapter. I got both online.

KB

I remember the blur problem with my Quest 2. I got at RTX 1080ti Nvidia card, sold my Quest 2 and purchased a Value Index. I know this doesn't help you. I had the same problem and never found an answer until selling the Quest 2. I have heard that the Quest 3 could be as good as the Value Index but have no experience with it. I just did a MSFS run with the Index at 60 fps in VR. Couldn't be happier. The Index also uses SteamVR which works well with MSFS. Hope you find an answer to the blurry problem.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

The Quest 2 is a bit blurry by nature. I had a Quest 2, but used an HP Reverb G2 for sims because it was significantly sharper.

The Quest 3 is dramatically sharper. To the point where I've shifted to using it for MSFS. (Anyone wanna buy an excellent HP Reverb G2 for cheap? :-)

The best advice for getting sharper/faster performance out of the Quest 2 and MSFS is to use Virtual Desktop instead of the official streaming software. It lets you adjust bitrate and other options to get a sharper image.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...is-here/613733

There are also a number of YouTube videos that go through the best settings for clarity/performance on the Quest 2. Rendering at a higher resolution can make things look a lot sharper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T9vtKzWZpk

I am very grateful for the comments!
    After that I regret having bought Quest 2
    Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    The Quest 3 is dramatically sharper. To the point where I've shifted to using it for MSFS. (Anyone wanna buy an excellent HP Reverb G2 for cheap? :-)

This is good to know. While I have the G2 and I am happy with it, it is discontinued by HP. Now M$ is doing away with Mixed Reality. I may just have to invest in another VR headset this year.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

I took it back to the shop, maybe I'll buy the Quest 3, but after this I don't know...
    It's a completely different experience flying in VR,more lifelike

After reading up on your intial Post, I looked up on this series of VR Goggles. Apparently the Quest 3 is a lot better. But they're not cheap...

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    While I have the G2 and I am happy with it, it is discontinued by HP. Now M$ is doing away with Mixed Reality. I may just have to invest in another VR headset this year.
    The G2 and other WMR headsets should be good for another three years before MS completely stops supporting them. So you should be okay this year.

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltb
    I took it back to the shop, maybe I'll buy the Quest 3, but after this I don't know...

Yeah, the Quest 2 came out in late 2020. So that's why there's a lot of improvement in the Quest 3, over three years of further tech development.

The Q3 is better than the Q2 in every way, but it's not DRAMATICALLY sharper (I've got both) - any blurriness is likely a set-up issue, there is a MSFS VR forum at AvSim with several posts on setting up, also the official forum has some good (but loooong) posts.

The key with MSFS is to use the OpenXR toolkit and if possible a wireless solution (Virtual Desktop or Steamlink preferably).
    Also sanity check with another sim (e.g. Xplane demo) - I find Xplane clearer in VR.

Make sure that Link Sharpening is enabled in the Quest 2 - if you're connecting by cable. I find the Quest 2 to be pretty sharp at least a lot sharper than the old Rift CV1 I had before.

@Keithb77 - how does Virtual Desktop work?

Quote Originally Posted by centuryseries View Post
    Make sure that Link Sharpening is enabled in the Quest 2 - if you're connecting by cable. I find the Quest 2 to be pretty sharp at least a lot sharper than the old Rift CV1 I had before.

Was connected by cable
    unfortunately there was no change, but it doesn't matter because I took it back to the shop

Quote Originally Posted by centuryseries View Post
    Virtual Desktop is great. Along with its function of putting the Windows Desktop into VR (thus the name), the more recent versions have OpenXR support, so you basically launch Virtual Desktop on the PC and on the headset, and then when you switch MSFS to VR it opens on the headset.

It also has lots of settings to adjust to your system power and bandwidth, so you can get the best possible visuals your setup supports.

Virtual Desktop works wirelessly without any cable to the headset, but it works best when the PC is connected to the router by Ethernet cable.
    It costs money, there is now a free alternative from Steam and from Oculus Meta themselves but VD works best.

I had blurry vision with my Quest 2 when I had an old graphics card. Now I've switched to a new card (and the 3060) and the vision is quite clear.

I bought a Quest 3 this past Christmas. Love it! NC

Quote Originally Posted by cortomalteseit View Post
    I had blurry vision with my Quest 2 when I had an old graphics card. Now I've switched to a new card (and the 3060) and the vision is quite clear.
    I have an RTX 4070 Ti card, but it was still blurry.
    not card dependent, but Q2 crap.

Members who have read this thread: 76