SW Paciific Theater

Thread: SW Paciific Theater

SW Paciific Theater

I am thinking of setting up new install to include Papua N.G ,Milne Bay, Battle of Bismark Sea, Leyte etc(realisizing there may be some mission duplicates or overlap).
    I am keepong my Solomons install separate.
    Any suggestions as to scenery configuration with Rumba mesh?

Howdy Highpockets,

For the area you are looking at building UncleTgt's airfields will form the central core:

• NewBritain_UT
    • New_Ireland_UT
    • PortMoresby_Kokoda_UT
    • HuonGulf_UT
    • Saidor-Madand_UT

From there, AF's PNG and MaskRider's DEI and PNG scenery can supplement. A word of caution, there are many conflicts between AF's PNG and MR's PNG packs. On the upside, UT did a great job in the documentation calling out what airfields needed to be removed. Here is a list of the AF PNG and MR PNG fields that I still have active along side all of UT's airfields:

AF PNG:
    • PNG_Boram
    • PNG_But East - Daugua
    • PNG_But West
    • PNG_Tadji
    • PNG_Wewak-Wirui

MR PNG:
    • PNG_Daru_island
    • PNG_Deboyne
    • PNG_Emirau
    • PNG_Kerema
    • PNG_Lasanga
    • PNG_Rossel
    • PNG_SH_Lorengau
    • PNG_SH_Mokeran
    • PNG_SH_Pityilu
    • PNG_SH_Ponam

My Approach to handing this was to install AF's PNG first, Followed by MR's DEI and PNG fields. Then work on installing UT's fields.

Whoa Browncoat!
    That will keep me busy for a while. I am working out a few bugs ( my fault) on VMF 121 and 124 in my 87 Days install and then to the SW Pacific. I have an old SW Pac install that was giving me issues and decided it was time for a redo. May be a bit before I get to it.
    Thanks

I'm glad to help. I'm still working my way through my installs. I haven't worked with CFS2 like this in...a really long time, and this is the first time that I have tried multiple installs. So far I have a PTO install...

...and even then I'm running in to trouble because of too many objects. But is it so fun!

I have a skeleton for an ETO and an OST install. I've been toying with the idea of making a CBI install for Xavier's WW2 fields.

And of course I have a "super stock" install, which is mostly stock except with B24 Guy's aircraft, Palm trees (which really look nice!), Allen's stock aircraft mods, and the typical texture stuff (PACTEX, LW and UT's clouds, the usual there...)

One area that I have never really ventured with much in CFS2 are mission and campaigns. I've always just enjoyed collecting aircraft and Free Flight (with the occasional quick combat fix here and there).

Remember-the old missions have not been converted to the new scenery and may not work right.They use either the MR or Pen32Win AF scenery.

It's not an easy or fun task to convert them,ask my son who helped redo the old missions in the Solomons by Talon.Very time consuming and CTD's if you make a mistake.

Hiede

Yep Hiede, I know.
    Been there before.

Thanks Hiede!

High Pockets, that should greatly simplify things then if you want to run specific missions and campaigns, and not fuss with all of the scenery tailoring involving UT's newer airfields.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiede View Post
    Remember-the old missions have not been converted to the new scenery and may not work right.They use either the MR or Pen32Win AF scenery.

It's not an easy or fun task to convert them,ask my son who helped redo the old missions in the Solomons by Talon.Very time consuming and CTD's if you make a mistake.

Hiede

Browncoat
    Probably so.

Members who have read this thread: 34