about me

Thread: about me

about me

im Dave, i used to be a regular here. i had moved from California where i was living on my boat, at 9ft elevation, moved to southeastern Utah at 5552 ft elevation. ive had congestive heart failure since 2014, and due to firefighting and my job as a plumber, i breathed some not so good things. when i got up here, i began to have issues breathing, then i got bacterial pneumonia for the 4th time since april of 2019. this time my new dr was convinced it was "just COPD" and didnt treat me for the pneumonia. id gotten sick the week of thanksgiving 2021,on febuary 1st 2022,id fallen and broken my left wrist, at the ER, the attending dr noticed i was having issues breathing, and did a bunch of testing, i had walking pneumonia now. lol. xrays also showed a kidney stone that they measure as 7/8ths of an inch diameter, but its thin, dr described it as a skipping stone, its lodged at the opening from the kidney at the uritor (the tube out of the kidney to the bladder) and it moves as a flapper valve.

i went to a large hospital in salt lake city for the pre-op work up and was to have surgery two days later.my oxygen was at 53%, and my blood pressure was really low. the drs then did a new exam, and found i had an enlarged heart and my left lung is 60% non-functioning. and my right lung is 30% non functioning. on july 13th 2022, they told me i need both lungs and my heart transplanted, but that i wont be put on the wait list as i have something called cor pulmonale. its non reversable, and terminal. only 30% of patients live 5 years from diagnosis.id been doing ok, but in oct of 2023, they changed one of my meds from 12.5mgs, to 10mgs, but somewhere along the line, it got changed to 100mgs, no one told me there was going to be a change and the pharmacy didnt say anything.i dont read every bottle i get unless its a new one ive never taken (im on 15 daily meds btw) . i will from now on though. i started getting "sick" before christmas, just lethargic,dizzy,sleeping all the time, could just barely get out of bed. wasnt eating and so on. i have AFIB and a heart murmur as it is, and my heart rate (pulse) was hitting 160. they put me on a heart monitor for 7 days.it took more than two weeks to get the results. i got a call from the nurse and i then had a telehealth visit with my APRN, she told me about the med screw up. then told me my heart rates were at 28 sustained at times, and it spiked to 225 three times. with the lowest having been 18 beats perminute. the reason it took so long to get the results was that boston scientific couldnt beleive the results, buyt instead of letting my cardiologist know they just recalculated things. i could very well have died. the APRN had taken the results etc to the group of cardiologists and they as a group dont understand why i didnt pass away during all of that. so low i should have passed away, to so high my already stressed heart should have just exploded.

so i just wanted to share. ive not been on here much and this is why.im feeling much better now that my meds have been regulated again. but who knows what stupidness may happen in the future huh? Dave

Daveroo, it's great to hear from you again. I remember reading your posts when you were on your boat. Unfortunately, I'm still here in the land of fruits and nuts, and have lived in Utah in the SLC area. Loved it all but the brutal winters. Fortunately you don't have that issue. So very sad to hear about your health issues. I'm glad you took the time to check in and let us know what's going on. I'm sorry to hear of your depressing experience with your health providers. They can really make or break us. Here's praying that you will have access to more caring and knowledgeable medical personnel. No need to say "Hang tough" as it's obvious you already have and probably the very reason you're able to shout out to us now. Prayers for your improving health situation. God bless you and yours..

Well that's quite a scary story to say the least. I'm sorry you had to go through such terrible events :/
    Hoping your new medicine adjustments will be enough to get reasonably well soon !

Quote Originally Posted by simtech View Post
    Daveroo, it's great to hear from you again. I remember reading your posts when you were on your boat. Unfortunately, I'm still here in the land of fruits and nuts, and have lived in Utah in the SLC area. Loved it all but the brutal winters. Fortunately you don't have that issue. So very sad to hear about your health issues. I'm glad you took the time to check in and let us know what's going on. I'm sorry to hear of your depressing experience with your health providers. They can really make or break us. Here's praying that you will have access to more caring and knowledgeable medical personnel. No need to say "Hang tough" as it's obvious you already have and probably the very reason you're able to shout out to us now. Prayers for your improving health situation. God bless you and yours..
    well thank you for your well wishes and prayers, did you ever get south on highway 6? helper and price? im right off the freeway in price. got the BLM regional head quarters right behind me. i shouldnt share this, but i came oiut as gay once i got here. took me 59 years to do it, but im happier,, the reason i say it, one of the BLM rangers and i date some. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Well that's quite a scary story to say the least. I'm sorry you had to go through such terrible events :/
    Hoping your new medicine adjustments will be enough to get reasonably well soon !
    thanks, definitely wasnt fun, but at least it was discovered. it was the pharmacist caught it. he looked at it and thought, well this cant be right, plus id just been there when things were at rock bottom. he has become a friend, and knew by looking at me something was off. so when he filled that med, he decided to call the APRN and ask her. that was on the 4th,and i had my appointment to speak to her within the hour.

Daveroo, it's great to hear from you again.
    I agree! I'm glad to see you again and to hear you're doing better!
    So very sad to hear about your health issues. I'm glad you took the time to check in and let us know what's going on. I'm sorry to hear of your depressing experience with your health providers. They can really make or break us. Here's praying that you will have access to more caring and knowledgeable medical personnel. No need to say "Hang tough" as it's obvious you already have and probably the very reason you're able to shout out to us now. Prayers for your improving health situation. God bless you and yours..
    The best thing I can add is seconded!
    Derry Hoggatt
    2014-2017, 2019+ Around the World Race Team Outhouse

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    well thank you for your well wishes and prayers, did you ever get south on highway 6? helper and price? im right off the freeway in price. got the BLM regional head quarters right behind me. i shouldnt share this, but i came oiut as gay once i got here. took me 59 years to do it, but im happier,, the reason i say it, one of the BLM rangers and i date some. lol.

Never lived in the southland. I was up in the Clearfield area, north of SLC. Hopefully you can get your life back on track after your medical experience. God Bless..

I'm glad you are in a better shape now!

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    I'm glad you are in a better shape now!

Cees
    thank you Cees, i had a bit of a tough time the past few days.

a health update

hi everyone,
    since i made the post above, ive had two more appointment, one with my APRN from cardiology, and then one with an electro-something, this dr is sending me to the hospital, its the university of utah medical center, ive been told its the best cardiology hospital this side (west side) of the rockies. i have to be there for 3 full days, i will be getting a med twice a day for the three days, they have to monitor the patients for negative reactions. he told me its very serious, and that if not in a hospital or some other kind facility, as theres a very high probability of death if you have the bad reaction, then after all of that, they will do the shock treatment to try and heart my heart back in rhythm.the meds are to get my AFIB under control.,
    im writing this at 8:21am on Wednesday, so the last three days ive been having an issue. every time i sit up, to get out of bed, i get really dizzy, and if im not careful, i will black out. not sure if i said it in the top post but the cardiologist and pulmonologist both told me to stay in bed. the only person who keeps telling me to get up is my boyfriend , who btw is half my age, im 61 and he turned 31 in december. lol. and hes good lookin. the other guy, hes a BLM ranger, hes 46 this year. hes very good looking to me.. my guy says "nope,not for me,too muscular" lol.. i like muscles..lol. this guy is married with two boys that i know well, and his wife and i are good friends lol.. and yes they are together, not seperated or anything, he just told her, i met a man and fell in love, she says.. ok.. follow your emotions etc.. so she knows whats goin on .. oh well.

Sorry to read you have to go to the hospital again :/
    At least it's just three days but I hope you won't get any bad reaction from the medicines they'll give you...

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Sorry to read you have to go to the hospital again :/
    At least it's just three days but I hope you won't get any bad reaction from the medicines they'll give you...

thank you, i hate being in the hospital, but with all thats going on now, im just telling myself to not be a stubborn butthead. i do that well btw, a female friend here in my apts gave me a key chain that has a bar thingy, that says, youre my friend, but youre still an a$$hole....... lol.. i love it

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    thank you, i hate being in the hospital, but with all thats going on now, im just telling myself to not be a stubborn butthead. i do that well btw, a female friend here in my apts gave me a key chain that has a bar thingy, that says, youre my friend, but youre still an a$$hole....... lol.. i love it
    Lol, she is definitely a true friend.
    Hope your stay in the hospital goes smoothly.

Wheels

Hey, hadn't hit the Newshawks in a while and just caught up. Hope you're doing okay, Daveroo, and feeling better.

Icon2

Daveroo!
    I miss talking 'racing' with ya!

Prayers for your health.....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    Daveroo!
    I miss talking 'racing' with ya!

Prayers for your health.....
    Hi Daveroo, I sure hope you are doing better. Panther, It was a pleasent surprise you see your sign on here.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Hoping your health is improving and that you will be returning soon @Daveroo

Wheels

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    Hi Daveroo, I sure hope you are doing better. Panther, It was a pleasent surprise you see your sign on here.
    Oh I pop in from time to time - usually in the Racing sub-forum....

Members who have read this thread: 80