"Azureedge" Script Error Messages at FSX-SE Startup

Thread: "Azureedge" Script Error Messages at FSX-SE Startup

"Azureedge" Script Error Messages at FSX-SE Startup

Belated Happy New Year to everyone, hope you all have a great 2024. I recently upgraded my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10 so I could continue to access FSX-SE on Steam. The upgrade went off without any problems but now when I start FSX-SE I'm getting a series of five "azureedge" script error messages on the home screen (see pic). They're not show-stoppers for the sim loading but I have to click through them to select a flight or do anything else in the sim. I suspect these are related to Microsoft Edge cloud storage or something else that MS installed on my rig during the upgrade, but my questions are: (1) Have any of you had these "azureedge" script error messages, and (2) How can I get rid of them? Thanks in advance for any "adult supervision" you can provide.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Azureedge_Script_Error.jpg  

Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

MrZippy, thanks for the link. Some of that is above my level of computer knowledge but I will try to block the Azureedge website via the Hosts file.

That's Why

IMO I never had any use for anything FSX SE OR Dovetail games. Wanted to play "Truck Sim" and then "Bus Sim" I did the registration and then got hacked by somebody. I deleted that account and never went back. If I pay for a sim I want to OWN it even if not on a DVD which they pretty much don't do at all any more, at least at the sight where I can re-download and install it like Carenado or one of the eTailers like PC Aviator. Then again, Flight1 goes to extremes in the other direction.

My FSX is the Gold Edition with Acceleration on DVD's which is the way it should be. Some sites let you pay extra for DVD's and from my past experience with FSX it's worth it if they do it. Then it's REALLY all yours that you paid for. I understand internet evaluation that you don't have a pirate copy and a serial number which Carenado does. And with an old purchase, I just had to contact Support and tell them and they gave me a new serial number when the old email didn't work and updated my email to my new one for me.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    My FSX is the Gold Edition with Acceleration on DVD's which is the way it should be.
    I reinstalled my original DVD-format FSX last year but I kept getting crashes so I went back to FSX-SE. It's working well for me now since I upgraded my OS from Windows 7 to Windows 10, although that may just be coincidental. My desktop PC sometimes has a mind of its own and solves its own problems.

Members who have read this thread: 3