Thrustmaster Warthog control problems, suddenly

Thread: Thrustmaster Warthog control problems, suddenly

Thrustmaster Warthog control problems, suddenly

I sat down to do a quick flight in the newly released Gas Stearman, and immediately started having problems on takeoff. As soon as the wheels left the runway, the aircraft banks left, hard. I can get the aircraft to right itself some, but it never settles out; always wants to bank left.

So then I tried several other aircraft. Exact same problem.

I checked my controller settings. All looks normal. Externally, the aircraft control surfaces are moving as advertised. I recalibrated my controls. No change. I tried making a new profile. No change.

Here's the weird thing. I tried the controls with FSX and DCS. They work fine. But all of a sudden the joystick control is not translating correctly in MSFS. NO idea why. Arghh.... NC

P. S. I only tried flying one Helo in MSFS, and it seemed to respond to controls just fine.

Blog Entries
    I have the same problem, but I was thinking it was me!

Quote Originally Posted by IanHenry View Post
    I have the same problem, but I was thinking it was me!

Did the problem just start recently? I mean, everything worked as advertised just a couple hours previously. NC

Blog Entries
    Make sure its binding isn't in two different control apps. If you have it set in MSFS Controls and say, Axis & Ohs, they can conflict and cause these kinds of issues if the settings are different.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    Make sure its binding isn't in two different control apps. If you have it set in MSFS Controls and say, Axis & Ohs, they can conflict and cause these kinds of issues if the settings are different.
    I checked, and it isn't binding in any other app. I uninstalled the controllers, and reinstalled with Thrustmaster drivers. Problem persists. Helos fly as they should, controllers responding normally, except any of the FlyInside helos. They exhibit the same problem, with immediately banking to the left. All fixed wing aircraft as well, banking to left.

I am at a loss. Just can't isolate the problem, nor find a solution. Crazy. NC

I had read that a keyboard key that is sticking could cause problems, so I disabled my keyboard briefly to check. Nope. Still goes left. NC

Navy Chief, maybe create new “default” profiles all your controllers/KB/mouse and switch to those? To make sure nothing ended up corrupted in your control scheme?

The helicopter working properly makes me wonder if it’s a aircraft control axis that’s getting the wrong input somewhere.

I fixed it, but not exactly what I did to do so. I deleted all flight control surface assignments for my keyboard, and I think that is what did it. NC

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    I fixed it, but not exactly what I did to do so. I deleted all flight control surface assignments for my keyboard, and I think that is what did it. NC
    Thanks Chief, I'll give that a try, and I've had this problem for a while.

Members who have read this thread: 0