GAS Stearman SOH Community Sale
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: GAS Stearman SOH Community Sale

GAS Stearman SOH Community Sale

Greetings all

As is our custom, we are releasing our Stearman Package as a pre-release discounted offer to the SOH Community members at 18.50 USD which is a 20% discount off the public offering pricing when uploaded to our vendors. We could not have done this without the amazing talents of Lead Developer Didier 'LaGaffe", our Stearman pilot consultants AJ "Stearmandriver2", Alain "Barnstormer" from Pilote Virtuel forum, our patient and diligent Beta Testers, Kevin "Heywood", Jan "Priller" and Thomas "FlyingisCool". The sale will remain active until January 22nd after which it will be available through our website and our vendor network at 22.50 USD. We hope you enjoy our efforts in bringing GAS to MSFS 2020. Thanks for your continued support.
    Download here:

(Link removed per request)

Video here
    Last edited by Tom Clayton; January 26th, 2024 at 08:59.

This is a steal people!!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

The download link has been repaired and tested. Sorry about that.

Thank you. Bought and downloaded, now to go fly.

LouP

Spad, the link is still broken for me. I sent you a message on your website support.

EDIT: Cancel my last. I received an email. Thanks! Now off to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    Spad, the link is still broken for me. I sent you a message on your website support.

EDIT: Cancel my last. I received an email. Thanks! Now off to fly.
    Excellent! PayLoadz was acting up. No idea why. Enjoy your flight!

SOH-CM-2024
    In the hanger! Excellent.

Very good news

Santa Claus is a little late this year but well he had a lot of work for the end of 2023 and honestly after 5 and a half months of work with this wonderful US team: I am French and so the different language was also a technical challenge: I am of course a little tired.

Hoping that there are no more big bugs (38 years in computer science so by experience there is no program that does not have any) I think you will make the best reception to this product of enthusiasts because the team really gave a lot in time and hours of tests to solve all the problems that appeared during this project.

I hope to take a few days off next month by visiting my daughter who is studying in Quebec City

Thanks to Paul and Gil for their confidence: I had complete freedom for this project which was a little difficult to start at the beginning on the technical side but which then allowed to implement many new functions.

Thanks again to GAS.

PS: I took the liberty of advertising my personal page French-VFR
    Last edited by lagaffe; January 15th, 2024 at 06:19.

Very well done! I love it.

Thank you very much.

Thomas

SOH-CM-2024
    What a wonderful flight this morning. In lieu of using Live Weather, I experimented with the REX AdvancedAccuSeason Presets. Loving this!

Cazzie

thank´s,
    install and do a flight now

Blog Entries
    Ordered and downloading. Thank you for making this.

UPDATE:

Okay, I will have to say it. This thing is brilliantly done. I flew it in VR and just love the 3D compass and thickness of the gauges. The flight model seems spot on. The only thing that got me was the cargo area. I opened it and looked in. I really thought had put some goal bullion bars back there for me. Then the little helper dialog said, Chocks.
    Last edited by jmig; January 15th, 2024 at 08:50. Reason: Update
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Hello and thanks for the community sale possibility.

A question related to update process: If I buy through the link above, how will I get the updated file once (if) updates are released?

Thanks, Milan

We also enjoy it immensly
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	f84ec471cb64071703d477ad2abfa90bb7e78e1d.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	92916 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e406ed21609f63ef3b4cf6a6cd070ae6c94c9e78.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	92915Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3a047f0f1ddfb03674a4732f5490768d9a81e28e.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	68.6 KB 
ID:	92917
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

Quote Originally Posted by apollon01 View Post
    Hello and thanks for the community sale possibility.

A question related to update process: If I buy through the link above, how will I get the updated file once (if) updates are released?

Thanks, Milan
    If there is an update, you will be notified by GAS directly at the email address you provide when purchased, just as you would if you purchased through our website.

Quote Originally Posted by Spad54 View Post
    If there is an update, you will be notified by GAS directly at the email address you provide when purchased, just as you would if you purchased through our website.
    Great, thank you! Off to buy...

It's very well done, and I've been really enjoying flying it. My only criticism so-far is that on both of the PT-13 paint schemes the insignias on the wings are on the opposite sides to where they should be, both top and bottom (perhaps something to make sure to update before the product is widely released).

I look forward to working on some of my favorite Stearman paint schemes/repaints.

well, she's very pretty I think
    N1944S (0002) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

I like the flames from the exhaust
    N1944S (0004) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

and the sounds are nice too
    N1944S (0005) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

perfect for low and slow flights
    N1944S (0007) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

but I just had to change the textures of N1944S so I could explore Texel
    N1944S (0001) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

N1944S (0006) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    It's very well done, and I've been really enjoying flying it. My only criticism so-far is that on both of the PT-13 paint schemes the insignias on the wings are on the opposite sides to where they should be, both top and bottom (perhaps something to make sure to update before the product is widely released).

I look forward to working on some of my favorite Stearman paint schemes/repaints.

The insignia locations have been corrected and the installer updated. Anyone downloading after 1730 EST USA will not require the patch. See post below for link.

GAS Stearman Patch

The patch can be found here: Sorry for the delay. Our file host server is down. The link contains an installer that will reposition the insignia on the PT-13 wings of both Army and Navy Variants. No need to uninstall anything just run the installer and it will do the rest. Apologies all around.

(Link removed by request)
    Last edited by Tom Clayton; January 23rd, 2024 at 13:38.

Blog Entries
    I just finished a flight from Durango CO to Telluride CO. I turned on the homemade buttkicker and WOW. I have driven this route several times. However, flying in the mountains will feeling the vibrations of the engine was awesome.

The only thing I can't figure out is starting the bird. I pushed the silver starter button but nothing happened. I eventually started on the runway. I will look to see if there is a manual.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    I just finished a flight from Durango CO to Telluride CO. I turned on the homemade buttkicker and WOW. I have driven this route several times. However, flying in the mountains will feeling the vibrations of the engine was awesome.

The only thing I can't figure out is starting the bird. I pushed the silver starter button but nothing happened. I eventually started on the runway. I will look to see if there is a manual.
    There is a manual. An icon shortcut should be on your desktop. Understand that the start sequence is dependent on you knowing the ambiance temperature, check the gauge in the rear cockpit forward of throttle. You are required to pull the prop through the number of times based on temp, once done priming as indicated by tooltip , usually 2 pumps, failing to follow sequence will defeat the start sequence. There is a quick start function on page 2 of the EFB “Ready to Taxi” which will bypass all the clickity stuff and send you on your way. Have fun

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post

There is a manual. An icon shortcut should be on your desktop. Understand that the start sequence is dependent on you knowing the ambient temperature, check the gauge in the rear cockpit forward of throttle. You are required to pull the prop through the number of times based on temp, once done priming as indicated by tooltip , usually 2 pumps, failing to follow sequence will defeat the start sequence. There is a quick start function on page 2 of the EFB “Ready to Taxi” which will bypass all the clickity stuff and send you on your way. Its demonstrated in the video as well. Have fun

Just bought. Yippee!!! NC

Members who have read this thread: 119