V3.0 of 1926 Airmail Routes in America available

Thread: V3.0 of 1926 Airmail Routes in America available

V3.0 of 1926 Airmail Routes in America available

Bare bones navigation from the dawn of commercial aviation…
    Flying really low and slow in all weathers, day and night, no autopilot required…
    Following in the slipstream of Leon D. Cuddeback & Elrey B. Jeppesen…
    If this sounds like your kind of flying, then we might have something for you.

“Arrows Across America” recreates the visual navigation system developed to support the growth of the US Air Mail system between 1926 and 1934.

This involved building 51’ long concrete arrows, painted yellow with flashing beacons on masts, every ten miles along 34 Contract Air Mail (CAM) routes.

Get V3.0 here:
    https://flightsim.to/file/32132/1926-airway-route-cam5

About Version 3.0:

The latest version of Arrows Across America includes:

Five Contract Air Mail routes totalling 3,800 miles
    CAM4 from Los Angeles to Salt Lake City
    CAM5 from Salt Lake City to Pasco
    CAM8 from San Diego to Seattle
    The western section of CAM18 from San Francisco to Salt Lake City
    CAM26 from Great Falls to Salt Lake City
    CAM32 from Portland to Spokane (including a 25 mile stretch through the Colombia River Gorge)
    The ILF at Blanche Field, Reno has a big new bespoke hangar designed by JB Strauss, who also designed the Golden Gate Bridge (do take a look inside, it's a brilliant steel construction, with a cantilever door)
    With the growth of the addon four routes now converge on Salt Lake City at Woodward Field. We have modelled it as a hub airfield where you will find five bespoke hangars, the Airmail House and a radio station. It is located near the original location of the field, next to SLC International Airport.
    Forty-seven landing fields, located, laid out and lit according to their descriptions in the official Airway Bulletins
    Custom models and lighting, including animated hangars
    Extensive terraforming and tree felling to ensure that arrows and beacons are visible in the modern landscape
    A 57 page manual with information about the air mail system, pilots & aircraft and links to the 1936 sectionals for each route.
    .KMZ files for each of the routes
    .csv files for use with Little Nav map and other flight planning software
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

This must surely be one of the best ways of exploring US scenery in MSFS. A really great idea.

Now we have a number of Rocky Mountains crossings plotted out. Very scenic. Make sure your plane can reach that altitude.
    No DC3 without the DC2

It is so good, Rob.

Flew from San Fransisco (with Redwing’s 1935 version) to Medford yesterday. Don’t know how these early pilots did it, especially in the mountains north of Redding in snow showers.

Do you think someone might do a DC-2 for MSFS?

cheers,
    steve

I am hoping GAS will have a successful launch with their Stearman Model 75, because the likelihood of seeing their outstanding collection of
    Golden Age mail planes in MSFS should be greatly improved - we should know the outlook pretty soon maybe.
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

I think, and hope, the will point to our scenery intheir documentation, and mabe include our Varney Airlines livery in their package.
    No DC3 without the DC2

Quote Originally Posted by pbearsailor View Post
    It is so good, Rob.

Flew from San Fransisco (with Redwing’s 1935 version) to Medford yesterday. Don’t know how these early pilots did it, especially in the mountains north of Redding in snow showers.

Do you think someone might do a DC-2 for MSFS?

cheers,
    steve
    Hi Steve, glad you enjoy it.
    I also flew from the Redwings San Fransisco scenery. It's nice, and it works great with our route.
    The 1935 change to the USA overall scenery is also very immersive.

Actualy, I'm working on the Douglas DC2 for MSFS. When I have something to show, I will open a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by robcap View Post
    Actualy, I'm working on the Douglas DC2 for MSFS. When I have someting to show, I will open a thread.

Very good news!

Quote Originally Posted by robcap View Post
    Now we have a number of Rocky Mountains crossings plotted out. Very scenic. Make sure your plane can reach that altitude.
    What are some suggested A to B Rocky Mountain trips with good sights? Every time I try, I end up on some plateau somewhere. Thanks for any suggestions.

Don BP

Well, you could download our scenery mod, start at Blanch Field, Reno, Nevada, and follow the flashing beacons west.
    Ow, sorry, that's not the Rockies. (I'm Dutch...)
    But nice anyway.

But you could fly from Salt Lake City, to Great Falls, or from Portland to Spokane. You fly past some of the national parks on the way. Then you approach the Rockies

A next revision of the scenery will have a route east ftom Salt Lake.
    No DC3 without the DC2

Members who have read this thread: 2