Port Forwarding

Thread: Port Forwarding

Port Forwarding

Well, I am having a lot of trouble getting port 6112 to open ahead of our Fly-In next weekend. All participants seem to be fine except me, lol. Dave worked with me last evening during our TS meeting, however nothing we tried had any effect. I have added the port to my router configuration (Port Forwarding), I have even added a firewall rule to allow that port as well as ensuring that JoinFS is also active in the firewall rules. None of that has fixed the problem. When I run the port tester it reports that "Port 6112 is in use. . ."Failed".

Anyone ever had this problem?
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

As You Know

I was online with you last night so I know of your dilemma. Bummer!!! Last night before signing off, I was trying to open up FSX and my computer froze up which it sometimes does with FSX. MY Windows 10 Dell just doesn't like it. That is why among other reasons I fly P3D V4.5 and keep FSX to check out scenery/aircraft/etc.

First let me say that is just my comment not "rub your nose..." but I just opened up my default Cessna at 60J my starting airport and then JoinFS. Scanned for 321 aircrafts successfully and even joined Digital Therepark just as a quick test of the JoinFS and when I clicked on my entry it says Port 6112 open. I haven't done anything because listening to Dave I didn't understand most of it so I haven't changed anything firewalls virus protector or anything else I'm just a click and open and it better work guy or like you I ask for help. I wish I could Ed. I will ask for guidance for you to figure it out before we fly. I just bought myself 8gig more ram at a super sale so I will have 16gig and with P3D I believe it will be faster and better. I am getting in the 20's fps at Reklaw with the Spartan which I will probably fly. It's available in the Warbirds Library so that anyone who wants can download it and see me in what I am flying on the 6th. I should get back here before New Years but if i don't Happy New Year to all.

We isolated that this is not a port forwarding issue but rather another application that is using the port.
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Yep, Dave was able to zero in on the culprit (a backup program), so after uninstalling, cleaning the registry of stragglers and a reboot, Port 6112 has been opened.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

YAY

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Yep, Dave was able to zero in on the culprit (a backup program), so after uninstalling, cleaning the registry of stragglers and a reboot, Port 6112 has been opened.
    That's great. If I could figure out why my Windows 10 Dell doesn't like FSX...might be the same thing but since I love my P3D V4.5 it's not a problem. Next week I am getting my Christmas present to myself of another 8 gig of RAM that should even make it better.

We used 2 commands to find the offending program

This one looks for the process using port 6112

You need to run them from the Command Prompt running with elevated privilidges aka run as Administrator

Code:
    \Windows\system32\netstat.exe -p udp -ano | findstr :6112

That should return something like this

Code:
      UDP    0.0.0.0:6112           *:*                                    11016
    The last number is the process number.

You can then search with this code the program using this process.

Code:
    \Windows\system32\tasklist /FI "PID  eq 11016"
    This will be the result

Code:
    Image Name                     PID Session Name        Session#    Mem Usage
    ========================= ======== ================ =========== ============
    JoinFS-FSX.exe               11016 Console                    2     52,540 K
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Members who have read this thread: 1