Platinum Wings - Christmas 2023 Beta Release.

Thread: Platinum Wings - Christmas 2023 Beta Release.

Platinum Wings - Christmas 2023 Beta Release.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

I've been away due to family issues, which will ALWAYS take priority. I've also been working on other stuff as well that had nothing to do with flightsim.

I finally did, however, have a chance to go through my files and I've uploaded what I thought was a good starting point for PW from the things I had. There are still MANY things that are not ready or not authorized yet for release since I haven't heard from the original authors, but this should be a good starting point.

I didn't get a chance to finish the installation instructions yet, so they are still a WIP. It should be enough, however, to get you started.

Some notes are in the "readme" which basically state -- very breifly -- part of the instructions that are still missing with regards to some of the default GW3 airfields and the GW3 scenery as a whole. There are also some other things in there you should be made aware of.

The two places you will have access to PW will be here at the Outhouse and over at CalClassics on the Vintage Flying forum.

Enjoy and if you have any feedback, please feel free to share!

My appologies ahead of time if I take another long "sabatical" from flightsim, but things have been going on at home that needed my attention.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Jorge
    Miami, FL

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/fdl...Platinum_Wings

Members +
    Hi Jorge,

Thanks so much for this.
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I can only download the zips, PDF & txt.
    Mediafire will not let me download the other files, as it tells me the following...

Bulk-Download multiplefiles and folders
    Do you need to download more than a few files at a time? No problem! Upgrade to a MediaFire Premium account to gain access to features like Bulk-Download.

Is it possible for you to zip those as well?

Regards,
    Robin
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Files fixed!

Sorry for the mixup, everybody.

All files are now either PDF, txt, or zip files. There shouldn't be any more issues trying to get the files.

Enjoy!

Jorge
    Miami, FL

Members +
    Thanks, all good now.

Have a great New Year.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Update ...

Just a small update to the readme.txt file to include the fact you need to download the CalClassics Library V.4 from one of the major sites. You can get the from the main CalClassic website under the scenery section. You will need the "4a" file and the "File 2" file just underneath.

You'll need this massive library to get the buildings, hangars, vehicles, etc, in Platinum Wings.

The files are hosted at Flightsim.com and you would need to log in over there to download them.

Please forgive me for not mentioning this before.

You don't need to re-download the readme.txt if you don't wish to since mentioning the library is the only change in there.

Regards,

Jorge
    Miami, FL

PS: I haven't tried FSX at all, but you would concievably need the FSX/P3D version below those if you would like to try this type of thing with FSX. No guarantees, though.

Working fine Jorge and having a great time! Thanks.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Members +
    Hi Jorge,

Is it posssible to combine all the airport files into a single file?
    Also, any particular order to activate them in the library?

Thanks so much, Have a great New Year.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Update - 31 December 2023

I've uploaded a Lorenz gauge I'd done a while back. The zip has a PDF with instructions as well as PW-specific details regarding the airfields, since the airports that use the "beam" are basically using the default localizer with metric outer and inner markers.

As for the airfields, which ones were you asking about merging? I've made them separate just to keep everything organized. Each country has its own folder, and for the USA each state has its own folder based on the "K" designation (K4, K8, etc.) which is used for the navaids.

Once a country or state was complete, yes, I was planning on taking all the xml files and seeing about merging them into a single bgl to represent each country/state unless it got too out of hand size-wise. That would, at least, keep everything along the lines of the original bgl files with regards to airfields.

As for order, there really isn't any. I have mine done alphabetically using the country code (e.g. ED-Germany, EF-France, EG-Great_Britain, etc.) and state codes for the USA. As long as they are active, it doesn't matter.

Where order matters is when you're adding one of Ian's great airfields or one of the other FS9 fields. These airfields MUST be at a higher priority so they exclude the "default" airfields that were done for PW.

Let me know which ones you were speaking of and I'll take a look at them.

Oh, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

Regards,

Jorge
    Miami, FL

Members +
    Many Thanks for the info..
    Chat again in the New Year...
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Just wondering, but will there be any updates for this wonderful PW?
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Members who have read this thread: 3