Neat aircraft that sneak under the radar

Thread: Neat aircraft that sneak under the radar

Cool Neat aircraft that sneak under the radar

Drop what you're doing and head over to AVSIM.

Run a search for "wedgetail" and you'll find some nice POSKY E-7 (737) aircraft.

The E-7 is essentially the replacement for the E-3 AWACS and is currently flown by Korea, Australia, and Turkey (?).

According to Wiki, the E-7 will also replace the USAF and NATO E-3's after 2025, so start planning ahead.

You may also want a sound set for the more-modern 737's.

While its a typical POSKY offering with no VC, what you get is pretty good straight out of the box.

I changed some stuff to add a nice Radar display and GPS, your mileage may vary but these are very quick and dirty edits.

For scenery, the ROKAF flies their E-7's out of Gimhae Int'l (RKPK) while the RAAF flies them out Williamtown (YWLM). MAIW has both bases covered, but you might want to shop around a bit for other AFCADs. For Turkey, I'm not sure yet.

Last edited by Sbob; December 22nd, 2023 at 12:49.

OK, for Turkey- the real planes fly out of Konya AB (LTAN). I think you can find at least an AFCAD for that base.

Meanwhile, I said this thing runs great straight out of the zip file.
    The only real problem I can find are the "pig tails" on the center of the engine fans when the blades are stationary.
    I corrected this nicely. If anyone wants the updated texture file just PM me with an e-mail addy.

That, and you'll want to run DxtFixerX on the textures. I think one or two of them need their alphas fixed but this is a really minor issue.

Members who have read this thread: 0