Messerschmitt Me 262 Schnellbomber Ia

Thread: Messerschmitt Me 262 Schnellbomber Ia

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military - Jets

Description: The Schnellbomber Ia was a proposed high-speed bomber version of the Me 262 with the cockpit was moved forward and three additional fuel tanks for longer range. Use tailook to show bombs on the aircraft. Comes with 3 textures. A gray, green and brown and night.

Rebuilt from the stock CFS3 Me 262A-1. Exterior and Interior model reworked and cleaned up than the cockpit was moved forward. The model is on the basic side as just has moving parts and working VC. No LODs, breaking parts or mouse-able switches and levers. Uses MAPE auto spoiler gauge for the wing slats. Re-texture of Hauke Keitel "KiDI" XML gauges used for the engines. Re-texture done using CFS3 gauge textures so the engine gauges better match the CFS1 gauges used on the main cluster. Flight Dynamics are from Combat Flight Simulator 3 and could really use work IMO.

Also works in my copy of FSX Gold. I'm not a FS04 or FSX person so if change need to be made feel free to do so.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Messerschmitt Me 262 Schnellbomber Ia
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Blog Entries
    Thank you Allen. This is a very nicely done model of an interesting aircraft. The VC is very Good. After a few touch and go flights, I am very pleased with the overall flight characteristics
    Thanks again.

A thank you from me also, a very interesting aircraft The first time i saw the screenshot's, i thought the front end looked like a Gloster Meteor variant

Hurricane91
    How did you handle the landings? My natural reference points for landing where all out of place for SB-1a. I always kept thinking the nose was lower than it was when trying to land. That is why the white line is on the front glass.

ian elliot
    It dose kind of have that Meteor or Vampire look with the cockpit being forward.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Hurricane91
    How did you handle the landings? My natural reference points for landing where all out of place for SB-1a. I always kept thinking the nose was lower than it was when trying to land. That is why the white line is on the front glass.
    So far, I'm still trying to get the approach speed right. Out of a couple dozen touch and goes, five would be considered a fair landing. Higher approach speeds seem to result in a smoother landing.
    I will start using your reference line more often. I noticed that the LE slats are always extended. Is that the correct condition?

The slat use MAPE_multiple_autoslat.gau. Slats will be pushed in once over 442KPH/239kt. I think this is too high but the next lowest auto slat gauge will push in the wing slats 209KPH/113kt. The only time a 262 is doing 209KPH/113kt and that make the 209KPH/113kt gauge useles

The MAPE_multiple_autoslat.gau has a "Variable_Spoiler_AutoSlat" that I think can be set to any speed but no idea how to tell the Variable_Spoiler_AutoSlat at what speed it should deploy/undeploy the spoiler at.

Hurricane91
    During and after my last post I beat my head into a wall with google and came out with a simple .xml auto spoiler/slat gauge that I can set to any speed. With how little I know about XML gauges all I can do is toggle the spoiler/wing slats open or closed when above or below a set speed, this is how all of the other gauges work as well.

My gut feeling was the slats full extended speed was around 300 KPH but looks like the repo Me262 what are almost a copy of real 262s besides the engines have slats that slats fully extending at 150 kt/277 KPH and retracting fully at 165 kt/305 KPH. I used the middle ground of 290 KPH as the slat retract speed for the XML gauge.

I'll work on updating all of the Me262 SoonTM.

https://www.pprune.org/aviation-hist...tml#post732810

Side Note: All of the my Me262 can also meet the landing speeds given in the post. For the A-1 and B-1 you need 50% or less fuel and for the SB-1a you need 35% or less fuel and no bomb weight.
    Glidepath 140 kt/260 KPH
    Final Approach 125kt/230 KPH
    Touchdown 108 kt/200 KPH

Good morning friends
    just for whose it might be interesting I join the original Bedienungsvorschrift for the Me 262 A1
    As the wings and tail where quiet similar but the fuselage had a bit more weight, it would be
    perhaps good to lnd with a bit more speed
    Best regards
    Yours
    Michael Vader

I do have that manual. Also part of the Air Technical Intelligence (ATI) english manual. The ATI english manual looks to be mostly a striped down translation of the german manual from the translations I have done with yandex.

Another version? of the ATI english manual has been uploaded here.
    http://zenoswarbirdvideos.com/Images...otHandbook.pdf

EDIT:
    Well avialogs quit being dumb and will now let me look at manuals again with out paying. This would have been nice a few months ago.

https://www.avialogs.com/aircraft-m/...raft-operation

Consumption Figure:
    For two engines with 15% reserve:
    Consumption in liters/h

Altitude in m 300 2000 3000 4000 5000 6000 8000 10000
    Drive 8000 rpm 2900 2460 2230 2050 1870 1720 1390 ----
    Factory 8400 rpm 3650 3120 2880 2610 2300 2160 1540 1340
    Speed 8700 rpm 4550 3930 3620 3290 2990 2720 2110 1690
    Last edited by Allen; December 28th, 2023 at 09:35.

Blog Entries
    Hello Allen. Everything sorted out per your instructions yesterday on fuel and payload weights and approach/landing speeds. LE slats OK. Your bird's a real sweetheart.
    Thanks again for your help.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelvader View Post
    Good morning friends
    just for whose it might be interesting I join the original Bedienungsvorschrift for the Me 262 A1
    As the wings and tail where quiet similar but the fuselage had a bit more weight, it would be
    perhaps good to lnd with a bit more speed
    Best regards
    Yours
    Michael Vader
    Hello Michael, Thank you for the landing tips and encouragement.

Best Regards,
    John

Hallo friends,

at first I would thank Allen and Captain Kurt they are still making birds usuable in FS2004 (yes this value a a point of expression)
    I had once nearly all "Bedienungsanleitungen and Test reports from Rechlin on a an external hard drive. Sadly this one will no longer work.
    Nows the devil why.
    There was once a site where you could download a lot of german documents, but this is no longer avaible.

Thank you for your nice words John.

Allen I saw that to have acces or one coluld download any thing oune must be sign in - is it to pay or free ?
    Or do you now other sites to get german stuff from?
    Best regards
    Yours
    Michael Vader

Hurricane91
    For the SB-1a to be at a acceptable landing weight you need less than 45% of fuel left and no bomb weight.

michaelvader:
    https://www.avialogs.com/ has quite a number of manuals for aircraft. As of right now anyone can view the files. It says you need an account to download but you may also need to pay for all I know as well. Everything avialogs has on the Me262 is german so maybe they have some of the things you lost.

Avialog

Hallo Allen
    thank you a lot for your advice very very interesting
    Did you once hear about a project to "mary" fs9 and combat flightsim together?
    To have the fine possibilities of envirement, terrain etc possibilities of fs9 with the combat
    possibilities of combat flight sim
    with aircraft accepting panels as done with gauges in fs9?
    Best regards
    Yours
    Michael Vader

Thanks Allen for this nice model. I finally made some time to fly it. It flies nicely, but like Hurricane already mentioned, you have to ensure to keep sufficient speed, to make a smooth landing.

And again a nice addition for my still growing Messerschmitt collection.

Cheers,
    Huub

michaelvader
    Interesting. Not sure how that would work. Porting CFS2 code to FS9 feel like a waste of time since so much would have to be ported to FS9. Moving FS9 code back to CFS2 makes more since. XML gauges, FS9 aircraft.cfg flight dynamics. Maybe being able to update CFS2 to DirectX 9.

huub vink
    Here is what manuals say for the normal Me262. I would guess this would apply to the SB-1A since at landing the SB-1A would be the same but for the view.

Luftwaffe: Operating Instruction-FI - Aug 1944
    Gear Down 350 km/h
    Full flaps at 300 km/h
    "Floating at around" 250 to 220 km/h
    Touches down at around 200 to 180 km/h.

Luftwaffe: Handbook - Hints for the pilot - Nov 1944
    Landing:
    Best hovering speed 230-250 km/h. Shortly before reach the boundaries of the space, allow the gliding angle to become flatter, Reduce the speed to 200 km/h, then Float out and intercept normally as with a tail wheel aircraft. Touch down speed Va 175 km/h. After putting it on let it slowly tip over forward. Only brake when that happens, Nose wheel has touched the ground.

USAAF: T-2 NO. F-SU-1111-ND Technical Report Pilots Handbook - July 1946
    Gear Down 400 km/h
    No speed given and says "Use flaps as needed"
    Landing Approach 250 km
    6000 to 7000 rpm so that throttles can be opened quickly in case of a go-around.

These speed work fine if you at 15% of fuel and no bomb weight for the Me262SB-1a or 25% fuel for Me262A-1 but if at max landing weight (45% fuel and no bomb weight for the Me262SB-1/70% fuel for the Me262A-1) I found they become "sneaky sinker" and about half way down I find my self asking "How did I get this low" than have to power up and climb a bit. This is why the checklist that come with the Me262s list 270KPH
    Last edited by Allen; December 29th, 2023 at 21:08.

Good morning friends,
    Aleen, in any case to mary fs9 and combat flightsim > the maine sense for me would be to have the nice geographic envirement from fs 9 and the possibility to make right planes with right cockpits and to be able to make real combats
    But another installation in any case would not be possible for me as my hard disk is more than 58% full yet with fs9 LOL
    Huub, when I read about checklists I always must lough.
    When Erich Hartmann after the war was trained in the USA on the new jets to equip the new Luftwaffe his remark of checklist was as following:
    Do you really believe that when the russians attack they will wait till we have finished your dammish checklists?
    Learn the bird before you climb into it and have what you need in the head, basta.
    And he proved that this way it worked - with out using the checklists.
    On my believe in WWII practise checklists is "Totaler Quatsch"
    Thats just my point of view If some one prefers to fly with check lists do it
    Oh I think of another event: when the pilot watered the airbus in the hudson river he did not use checklists no more > there wasnt ones to see this case of event.
    But he was a good pilot and not a checklist executer.
    Best regards
    Yours
    Michael Vader

Members who have read this thread: 1