Replacing my Saitek X52 Pro...

Thread: Replacing my Saitek X52 Pro...

Replacing my Saitek X52 Pro...

...with this: https://www.turtlebeach.com/pages/ve...ne-flight-deck

The Saitek is a pretty decent option overall, but the single throttle plus the general lack of precision with the stick is something that's been bothering me for awhile. The Turtle Beach is up for pre order (due around mid Feb), and includes a military discount for those who qualify plus free shipping (military discount option on their page seemed like it was based on the honor system, as I wasn't asked for any verification). I've been considering VKB, Virbil, and WinWing HOTAS options as well, but kind of prefer the generic appearance and the display screen customizable aspects of this VelocityOne system. We'll see how I like it - and I could always return it.

PS: I'm on my second X52 Pro, as the first one started developing problems. The overall build quality of the Saitek is pretty nice though.
    Cheers,
    Dave

That's a nice set-up. I currently have the Warthog set with the stick extension. I may have to get some VKBs for Star Citizen, though. I'll need to get one of their space throttles, as I just currently have a dead zone in the middle of my throttle for forward/reverse main thrust and it's just a pita trying to figure out where you're at with regard to moving forward or backward. You'll have to let us know how much you like that new gear when you've used it for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    That's a nice set-up. I currently have the Warthog set with the stick extension. I may have to get some VKBs for Star Citizen, though. I'll need to get one of their space throttles, as I just currently have a dead zone in the middle of my throttle for forward/reverse main thrust and it's just a pita trying to figure out where you're at with regard to moving forward or backward. You'll have to let us know how much you like that new gear when you've used it for a while.
    Will do. I'm also planning on getting a set of rudder pedals. I've just been using the z axis twist on the stick of the X52, but it's most certainly not ideal - especially with helos.
    Cheers,
    Dave

I have pre-ordered the Velocity One and can't wait for February to arrive. I too, have an X52. I put it back on MSFS after I started having trouble with my VKB and couldn't get my X55 to work reliably in MSFS. I really like my VKB but it too, had started getting flakey. I will say all three performed well as each was purchased when they became available. (I like shiny new toys ) I hope the TB Velocity will be as reliable.

Members +
    HB, Ca.-Seattle,Wa.-Fujieda-Shizuoka-Japan
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit 22H2 Build 19045.4123
    Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 (BIOS F-10)
    Core i7 3770K
    G-Skill Trident X 32GB DDR3 CL7-8-8-24
    Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB
    1TB Crucial MX500 SSD
    1TB RAW Mushkin SSD
    1TB RAW Mushkin SSD
    2TB PNY CS900 SSD
    LG Blue Ray Burner DL