Gks f-111 Released 12/22

Thread: Gks f-111 Released 12/22

Gks f-111 Released 12/22

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...ardvark/622021

Mod Edit: Released on Marketplace
    Last edited by Tom Clayton; December 22nd, 2023 at 10:38.

This looks good. I hope they do the vietnam-camo version of the ones flown out of RAF Lakenheath in the 80's. I worked for a year at Brandon, and used to watch those beasts on final approach from my office window! An impressive aircraft.

- Kenneth

Quote Originally Posted by vipgroup View Post
    This looks good. I hope they do the vietnam-camo version of the ones flown out of RAF Lakenheath in the 80's. I worked for a year at Brandon, and used to watch those beasts on final approach from my office window! An impressive aircraft.

- Kenneth
    If they only do the F-111E version, then you might get the vietnam camo on an Upper Heyford texture set.

At least thats wishful thinking on my part.

Awesome machines.

Quote Originally Posted by vipgroup View Post

- Kenneth
    They have a screenshot of a LN bird in the Vietnam era camo in that thread.
    I'm definitely getting this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    They have a screenshot of a LN bird in the Vietnam era camo in that thread.
    I'm definitely getting this.
    Hate to say it, but that looks like an F-111E from Upper Heyford, 55th TFS with the blue fin top. Hope they paint the nose gloss black as it certainly wasn't matt in finish.

It's out in the marketplace now for 40 bongo bucks. I'll wait for the reviews. Had this model in FSX and always thought it was good but did not fly it much.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

It looks gorgeous, but I too will wait for reviews. I'm a bit overwhelmed with new add-ons at the moment.

Members +
    HB, Ca.-Seattle,Wa.-Fujieda-Shizuoka-Japan
    Noticed the main gear need more droop to them.
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit 22H2 Build 19045.4123
    Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 (BIOS F-10)
    Core i7 3770K
    G-Skill Trident X 32GB DDR3 CL7-8-8-24
    Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB
    1TB Crucial MX500 SSD
    1TB RAW Mushkin SSD
    1TB RAW Mushkin SSD
    2TB PNY CS900 SSD
    LG Blue Ray Burner DL
    Rosewill mid tower Challenger
    Corsair RM 750 PSU
    Inateck KU5211 USB 3.2 Adapter
    LTERIVER PCE-G2S4 PCIe 4port SATA card
    X56 HOTAS
    Grassmonkey Joseph II Puck
    Oculus Quest 2
    TM 2x MFD Cougar
    T-Mobile Home Internet 5G (KDV21)

It's flight model is not as refined as the original, seems a bit more touchy as if it's in an un-damped flight control condition. The Autopilot seems buggy if not non-functional. I agree the main and nose gear drop weight-off-wheels is not adjust far enough. The sound file is a bit underwhelming. Not sure how to extinguish the intake spike caution lights. No manual that I can find.

Bugs aside, the model is nice, just needs a bit of tweaking.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I glide with upper upper Heyford in sight most weekends...probably going to have to get this..

It is now on the marketplace.

I went through USAFs Egress Tech school at Chanute in the late 70s. Part of the curriculum then was the Egress system for the F-111.

Truly a fascinating system! I haven't bought this yet. Still deliberating, having spent quite a bit over Christmas.... NC

Waiting for the Orbx release....

It's a shame that the model was not released with this pilot and (HGU-55 helmet)
    The default is very weak...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by ZsoltB View Post
    It's a shame that the model was not released with this pilot and (HGU-55 helmet)
    The default is very weak...

Those FSX pilots always looked a tad small to me, and the rear tires way too fat. Heatblur has set such a high standard with their f-14, it's hard to consider the new f-111. Guess I'm waiting for the new Stear man as the next purchase.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Members who have read this thread: 0