Scheduled for surgery next Monday

Thread: Scheduled for surgery next Monday

Scheduled for surgery next Monday

I am undergoing throat surgery (3-4 hours) next Monday to fix a severe reflux problem I've been dealing with for quite some time. The official term is called "Achalasia", a condition in which the throat muscles don't relax to allow passage of food to the stomach. Not cool.

Anyway, I hope to check back in with you folks, probably next Tuesday. Probably won't feel like doing much, most of Monday.... NC

I had to loose a couple of teeth earlier this week to fix a sinus infection hassle.

Remember, Chief. We ain't getting older, we're getting better.

Best of luck shipmate, you will likely be much happier when that is fixed --

Good luck with the surgery, Pete! I can't think of much worse than something messin' with my swaller pipe! 😷🧑*⚕
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Here is to a speedy recovery.
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Thanks all. One side benefit to all this is that I will undoubtedly lose some weight, which is a good thing. I just hadn't planned on doing it this way!

I hope everything goes well.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Good Luck Chief! My wife has been dealing with something similar over the years. It hasn't come to surgery yet.

Best Wishes and speedy recovery.

Rob

I am doing ok. Surgery finished and am in hospital room for probably 2 days. Several tubes connected to me, etc, plus EKG; but surgery (4 hours) went well. What I really REALLY want, is to be able to drink some water. Haven't had any since last night. Nothing period, today.

But hopefully I will get discharged Wednesday and I can resume healing at home😄. Thanks again for your comments and concerns. NC

That's good news, Pete! Speedy recovery!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Hi Chief, hoping you are back home and your recovery goes well.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by SgtT View Post
    Hi Chief, hoping you are back home and your recovery goes well.

Rob
    Hey Rob. Matter of fact, I got home last evening. Surgery was apparently a success as I have zero reflux now. Add to that, so far, no pain. I will be on a liquid diet for a while; not sure how long, but I am so thankful, not to have reflux anymore. Thx for checking on me! NC

Good hear

Glad you are home
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    What I really REALLY want, is to be able to drink some water. Haven't had any since last night.

Once you get home, you might want to try some stuff called "Wheat Water". Its mostly water but they add wheat and hops to it along with some sugar.
    Then, I think it has to sit for a while before they bottle it.

Come to think of it, you used to be a sailor. You know EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Sbob View Post
    Once you get home, you might want to try some stuff called "Wheat Water". Its mostly water but they add wheat and hops to it along with some sugar.
    Then, I think it has to sit for a while before they bottle it.

Come to think of it, you used to be a sailor. You know EXACTLY what I'm talking about.
    Much as I'd LOVE to toss down some cold ones, I can't have any alcohol, period, besides being on a total liquid diet until my surgeon tells me otherwise....

Much as I'd LOVE to toss down some cold ones, I can't have any alcohol, period, besides being on a total liquid diet until my surgeon tells me otherwise....
    Sounds like a liquid Christmas dinner, Pete! I'm going out with friends for Chinese food tomorrow night!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Sounds like a liquid Christmas dinner, Pete! I'm going out with friends for Chinese food tomorrow night!

I am putting our Oster blender to very good use, as of late. NC

I hear ya, Chief. I'm finally getting back onto solid food as well.

Hang tight, I see a pizza in your future.

Quote Originally Posted by Sbob View Post
    I hear ya, Chief. I'm finally getting back onto solid food as well.

Hang tight, I see a pizza in your future.

Heh, heh, possibly, but WELL-CHEWED!

Hey Chief, i hope you are healing up well. and i hope it was a success!

Members who have read this thread: 2