Arrcab and forced obsolesce AGAIN??

Thread: Arrcab and forced obsolesce AGAIN??

Icon9 Arrcab and forced obsolesce AGAIN??

For any of you who uses Arrcab (2.6) for your carrier scenery, does it still work?
    It worked fine for me last month and even last week, but NOW when I try to run Arrcab I get a message that it can't connect to FSIUPC.
    I went through something similar with an older version of Arrcab (2.5) in FS2002 and never figured out how get it to connect.

So far, I don't think my version of FSIUPC has updated itself. At least, it shouldn't have.
    My only recent installs for FS9 were the Capt. Sim and Virtavia F-104. I flushed the Capt. Sim stuff just to be careful (due to its stand-alone "config" program).

I've tried playing around with "Admin" and "Compatibility" modes but no luck yet.

Anyone else having problems?

Haven't had this exact problem, but something similer with other programs, but you might consider rolling back to an earlier FSIUPC. Spent a lot of time blaming the program before considering F.

You know its bad when you run a search online, and YOU (not you, Ian) were the first guy to reply.

https://www.flightsim.com/forums/top...restor-cables/

rolling back to an earlier FSIUPC

I'm running FSIUPC 3.999.... , any suggestions (or links) for an earlier version?

Well, sometimes bad news is good news.

It looks more and more like this isn't an FSIUP or Arrcab problem, but it was due to some slightly janky payware.
    I'm pretty sure that Capt. Sim Starfighter left some "shrapnel" in the 'ole registry. I've dumped the files a couple of times now (Win keeps finding stuff) and I'm also noticing some memory leak issues in FS9.

The really good news in all of this is that I can always plug in an older SSD I used to clone the current SSD, then save the stuff I've worked on recently, then re-clone the new SSD and later add the stuff I want to keep. It sounds complicated but it isn't. I'm just using the older SSD as a time machine to reset the continium.

I could also do a manual cleaning and repair, kind of an exercise of being an old Tech again. Just swapping the SSDs is the easy way to go.

...and I'm back on the older SSD and Arrcab's back up and running.

Now comes the tricky part, I need to transfer the files I tweaked with or added since I cloned the new SSD back to this SSD.
    The easy part will be the re-clone.

With the SSDs its odd, this one is a Western Digital 1 TB and the newer drive is a 1TB Samsung 870 Evo and there is IS a difference in performance.
    Still, its good to have a back up.

Ive just had a look in my modules folder, im on 3.999 also, pretty sure i got it from Avsim. Well done for solving the problem.

Personally I got rid of arrcab years ago and converted to Rob B's gauges instead

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    Personally I got rid of arrcab years ago and converted to Rob B's gauges instead
    I use Rob's catapult gauge for catapult floatplanes on cruisers and battleships. I stick with ArrCab for carriers because with Rob's gauges you have to set up all your scores of carrier planes, while with ArrCab you only have to make a cable catch zone for your far fewer ships.

It's become rather academic for me in recent years since I never have any time to fly.

Members who have read this thread: 2