There's Never Been a Tweak Like This
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: There's Never Been a Tweak Like This

There's Never Been a Tweak Like This

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7-j...IslandSimPilot

If you have'nt tried it please do so. Astonishing.

Thanks for posting - I did this just yesterday afternoon and it's incredible. I'm not sure how this can make a 2K monitor look like it's 4K, but the clarity of the sim now, in particular gauges is amazing.
    Cheers,
    Dave

Definitely a sharpening of scenery and instruments here, but not as radical an improvement as others are experiencing. Nevertheless, a tweak well worth trying out.

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    Definitely a sharpening of scenery and instruments here, but not as radical an improvement as others are experiencing. Nevertheless, a tweak well worth trying out.
    I imagine a lot has to do with your overall system specs and other tweaks you've tried. I have a curved 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440P monitor, and was always underwhelmed by it's clarity running MSFS. This tweak has renewed my faith in it. However, I still plan on an upgrade to a larger 4K OLED sometime in 2024.
    Cheers,
    Dave

He posted a follow up video with a couple of minor mods...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJiqHCTPUlI

Talks about the modified settings in the first couple of minutes.
    Cheers,
    Dave

After some further flying, I believe the display screens are noticeably sharper than previously with DLSS. This alone sells the tweak to me.

To note this only seems to apply to those with 2 series or higher Nvidia cards - us 1070 boys will have to soldier on with our slide shows ...

I'd really like to try the DLSS Swapper, but it doesn't recognise MSFS. I gather this is because I'm using the MS Store version (even though I didn't install to the default location). Apparently I have to install from the Xbox app instead. Has anyone else found the same?

https://github.com/beeradmoore/dlss-swapper/issues/140

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

I have an RTX2060 running on a 34" curved monitor, 2560x1080. Always had trouble with MSFS running poorly and ghost images following behind my aircraft. Tried this tweak partially last night and it worked a charm, I'll add in some of the stuff I missed later but I'm pleased with the result
    -building a new sig as you see this!-

Quote Originally Posted by spatialpro View Post
    I'd really like to try the DLSS Swapper, but it doesn't recognise MSFS. I gather this is because I'm using the MS Store version (even though I didn't install to the default location). Apparently I have to install from the Xbox app instead. Has anyone else found the same?

I have the same problem - MSFS doesn't show up in it for me either. I've decided to just run it with whatever DLSS version MSFS has as default, which seems to be working fine for me.
    Cheers,
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by DaveKDEN View Post
    I have the same problem - MSFS doesn't show up in it for me either. I've decided to just run it with whatever DLSS version MSFS has as default, which seems to be working fine for me.
    Use Global Settings

Quote Originally Posted by DaveKDEN View Post
    I imagine a lot has to do with your overall system specs and other tweaks you've tried.
    The system specs and graphic settings were the same before and after applying this tweak. The sharpening happened as a result of this tweak alone - nothing else was changed.

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunshack View Post
    What are we looking at here, please ?.... Thanks !

Here is the fix I found. I has to *move* my MSFS to a different folder, specifically my XboxGames folder. To do so I opened the Xbox app, selected MSFS and then hit the ... button, as illustrated here:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B6ynrzv.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	257.9 KB 
ID:	92575

I then hit Change Drive:

Name:	6RGLZqV.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	92576

You then select the drive and folder to Move to:

Name:	CVr3pRE.png 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	92577

I was then able to see MSFS listed in DLSS Swapper.

If you do not see the option to "Move" you need to first enable the the smart, dynamic or whatever (I can't recall the term) option for the location/folder at the stage of the second screenshot, above.

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

DLSS Swapper works for me, with the MS Store version of MSFS. Though I did install from the Xbox app, my Flight Simulator folder with the Community and Official folders is in a custom location.

(Edit: whoops, didn't see spatialpro's new post!)

I followed the video, but I'm still getting pretty noticeable blurring on numbers on glass cockpits. Has anyone found a setup that doesn't do that using DLSS?

SOH-CM-2024
    Yawn! I fell asleep listening to this guy, extremely bland! I use all AMD, RX 7900 XT. Everything set to ultra, real weather (for the sky maybe, but not the ground), all buttons pushed. I get better CPU and abouyt the same GPU performance and a constant 60 fps.

Cazzie

Attachment 92585

Quote Originally Posted by Spook48 View Post
    Engine ?
    Funny !

Now tell me what type of engine belonging to what type of aircraft, Ok ?

Thanks!

PS. there's some very good texturing going on here and i have never seen such distributors on a P&W or Wright. Maybe English ?)

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    What are we looking at here, please ?.... Thanks !
    Hellcat at Santa Barbara. Kind of a "Guess that plane?", combined with a shout out to the builders art, my appreciation of which has multiplied tenfold after this tweak.

Here is the fix I found. I has to *move* my MSFS to a different folder, specifically my XboxGames folder. To do so I opened the Xbox app, selected MSFS and then hit the ... button, as illustrated here:

Name:	B6ynrzv.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	257.9 KB 
ID:	92575

I then hit Change Drive:

Name:	6RGLZqV.png 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	92576

You then select the drive and folder to Move to:

Name:	CVr3pRE.png 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	92577

I was then able to see MSFS listed in DLSS Swapper.

If you do not see the option to "Move" you need to first enable the the smart, dynamic or whatever (I can't recall the term) option for the location/folder at the stage of the second screenshot, above.
    This worked - thanks!
    Cheers,
    Dave

Blog Entries
    This worked great for me using VR

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunshack View Post
    Hellcat at Santa Barbara. Kind of a "Guess that plane?", combined with a shout out to the builders art, my appreciation of which has multiplied tenfold after this tweak.
    Ok !! Not seen the Hellcat in this kind of fashion. Got it but not that much of fan. I do like what i see in your screenie so i'll have another go at it. Thanks !

Members who have read this thread: 2