Avro Anson No.9 TFS Hullavington, 1940

Thread: Avro Anson No.9 TFS Hullavington, 1940

Avro Anson No.9 TFS Hullavington, 1940

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military skins - World War II

Description: This package contains alternative textures for the FS9 Avro Anson by Dave Garwood. They show the Avro Anson Mk.I L7980 from No 9 Flying Training School RAF, based at RAF Hullavington in 1940. These textures are based on a profile in the book Warpaint Series No.53 AVRO ANSON Mks I-22 by Alan W. Hall.

I want to thank Dave Garwood for this beautiful model. And Martin Wright for his simple but indispensable graphic tools, as without his dtx1 bitmap manipulator these textures simply wouldn't be there.

Enjoy,
    Huub
    December 2023

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Avro Anson No.9 TFS Hullavington, 1940
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Just beautifully done! Could I ask what paint program you use to get these superb skins?
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Like your recent Hurris and spits, your RAF color palettes are supurb, your really bringing these aircraft alive.

Thanks guys,

@ Stoney The program I use is Paintshop Pro version 7. It is a 22 years old program, but still does the job .

Although I do have a more modern versions from Photoshop and the more modern program Gimp, I still prefer the old PSP, mainly because I can run this program in "automatic mode" (without thinking).

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Thanks guys,
    @ Stoney The program I use is Paintshop Pro version 7. It is a 22 years old program, but still does the job .
    Although I do have a more modern versions from Photoshop and the more modern program Gimp, I still prefer the old PSP, mainly because I can run this program in "automatic mode" (without thinking).
    Cheers,
    Huub
    Me too! I use PSP7, and I do the simple stuff in an old version of MS Paint from my old WinXP rig two computers ago. In fact I do more in "OldPaint" than I do in PSP7. I also have Gimp but haven't even started to learn how to use it yet. In the past I used an old photo program called Sierra Snapshot Express for a few things; that one came for free with a printer I bought for my ancient wood-burning Win98 rig and hacked to make it work in XP and Win7 (but sadly, not in Win10.). I've learned to do those things in PSP7 but they're quicker and easier in Snapshot Express. One day I'll get an XP virtual machine installed and be able to run it again.

I like the old software that does what I need to do and that I'm familiar with and comfortable with. A my age I don't feel like I have enough hobby time left to spend it learning to use unfamiliar software that I don't really need.

Ive got PSP7 also, it was a free demo on a computer mag disk in 2001, still working to this day

Thanks guys. As you can see from my "Blue 511' G-12 attempt, I have a LOT to learn. But it's fun!
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Members who have read this thread: 1