Alexishafen Cathedral UT

Thread: Alexishafen Cathedral UT

Alexishafen Cathedral UT

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Scenery - Library objects

Description: Alexishafen Cathedral for CFS2 by UncleTgt

This is an eye candy object I made mainly in support of my reworking of the scenery for the Madang/Alexishafen area of Papua New Guinea.

This cathedral was a large landmark object on the shore at Alexishafen. It was built by the German settlers prewar as part of a large Catholic Mission. On occupation by the Japanese it began to be used for storing munitions, so became a target for Allied air raids. Destroyed during a large B24/B25 raid in September 1943, it was never rebuilt.

It is multi LOD & has a damaged model as well.

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location & move/ copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS 2 install.

Thanks to

XavierB, Maskrider & Wolfi for leading the way with their infrastructure objects
    Allen for his Making Exploding Objects using FS2002 Tools & Tutorial
    Aussie(Lindsay Watt) for his tips on how to create some larger & more complex scenery objects for CFS2 without killing framerates
    Arno Gerretsen for ModelconverterX & FXeditor, such clever & versatile tools

This is freeware and subject to the usual conditions

UncleTgt
    DEC 2023

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Alexishafen Cathedral UT
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Thank you sir, it's amazing to me how you keep turning out such great work.

msfossey

Strange to see a building like this in the SW Pacific.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Kurt,

You got me!

TBH, I took a few liberties with the textures.

The original had a sturdy wooden clapperboard exterior, but I thought it looked bland & somehow "wrong", with the ornate windows & doors, so gave it a stonework appearance instead...

Members who have read this thread: 0