RAF Northolt

Thread: RAF Northolt

RAF Northolt

Ive retro'd Northolt,if you have Pete's AH Hurri Keith Park skin or Huubs new 303 sqd repaint, this is the airfield you need

Openned in 1915 as a RFC airfield, Northolt has the longest history of continuous use of any RAF airfield
    and was the first RAF airfield to take dilivery of the Hawker Hurricane in December 1937
    A key airfield in the Battle of Britian, home to Hurricane sqds including 303 Polish sqd

Most of the objects, you should already have by now, but just in case---
    RAF Manston 44 FS9.zip
    Ted Andrews RAF building library.zip.
    You should have also installed a few if not all of my recent Bomber command airfield's which will
    give you a few extra obs

Alternative ground poly for GW user's is included.

There's a traffic file using Mk1 Hurricane by Gary Burns from his BoB airfields from way back, Ive included the aircraft
    so just unzip into your aircraft folder and your good to go

Thanks to Gary for the Hurri, and Shessi for his figure's and vehicles
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails n1.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    Ive retro'd Northolt,if you have Pete's AH Hurri Keith Park skin or Huubs new 303 sqd repaint, this is the airfield you need

Openned in 1915 as a RFC airfield, Northolt has the longest history of continuous use of any RAF airfield
    and was the first RAF airfield to take dilivery of the Hawker Hurricane in December 1937
    A key airfield in the Battle of Britian, home to Hurricane sqds including 303 Polish sqd

Most of the objects, you should already have by now, but just in case---
    RAF Manston 44 FS9.zip
    Ted Andrews RAF building library.zip.
    You should have also installed a few if not all of my recent Bomber command airfield's which will
    give you a few extra obs

Alternative ground poly for GW user's is included.

There's a traffic file using Mk1 Hurricane by Gary Burns from his BoB airfields from way back, Ive included the aircraft
    so just unzip into your aircraft folder and your good to go

Thanks to Gary for the Hurri, and Shessi for his figure's and vehicles
    Been meaning to ask where did you get the NAAFI wagon from in your recent sceneries?

Ttfn

Pete

RAF Northolt FS9

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Scenery

Description: A retro'd version of the stock Northolt, see read-me for details

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit RAF Northolt FS9
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Luverly stuff Ian, many thanks.

Very smart, and proper as the premier base it was!

Cheers

Shessi

Been meaning to ask where did you get the NAAFI wagon from in your recent sceneries?
    Its my own, made with FSDS. Its a bit under scale, so if you use it you need to enlarge it a tad. that tends to be the way i do thing's, i dont worry to much about scale while building, i can adjust that in sim.

Thanks ! My dad was based there in 1940 after he'd managed to leave France courtesy of a Dutch fishing boat from La Rochelle !

Thank Ian

In the late 70-ties and early 80-ties, I've been there several times with a Troopship from the RNAF. In those days RNAF had a scheduled flight every Tuesday morning from Soesterberg AB to RAF Northolt and back in the early evening. They often flew cargo, but normally you could find a seat. Air force personnel just had to fill in a form and hop on board! Life was still easy in those days.

Always fun to do some X-mas shopping in Ruislip or rush with the Underground to the centre of London.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Thank Ian

In the late 70-ties and early 80-ties, I've been there several times with a Troopship from the RNAF. In those days RNAF had a scheduled flight every Tuesday morning from Soesterberg AB to RAF Northolt and back in the early evening. They often flew cargo, but normally you could find a seat. Air force personnel just had to fill in a form and hop on board! Life was still easy in those days.

Always fun to do some X-mas shopping in Ruislip or rush with the Underground to the centre of London.

Cheers,
    Huub
    Huub, we used to do the opposite, they were called 'indulgence flights' ; hop on at Northolt going to Wildenwrath usually , then go to Roermond....

Ttfn

Pete

Requested by Andy

Requested by Andy, but also a nice addition to use with Ian's Northolt.

Cheers,
    Huub

Members who have read this thread: 0