Black and white scenery

Thread: Black and white scenery

Black and white scenery

I have not used FSX for quite awhile, but when I booted it the other day the ground scenery was all in black-and-white tones. This happens each time I try to get the sim started. Any remedies, or am I out of luck?

It might be more helpful if you could post a screen shot of the black and white scenery, but I will take a WAG that it is corrupt or missing texture files.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I had a similar thing happen years ago. The issue was my video card was crapping out on long flights. All the textures would go white and I wasr flying in a sea of white objects.

Post your system specs.

FSX and FS9 seem to get funny at times and the issue is a corrupt FSX.CFG or fs9.cfg file. Back up your fsx.cfg file then delete it and let the SIM generate a new one
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Thanks for the replies, folks. I have kept after fixing the problem and somehow now have the scenery back to normal. I now have to retrieve the Orbx stuff and re-install the many wonderful aircraft that I have collected from here; which by the way are wonderful and generously offered by many contributors over the years. See you around here!

PS: Welcome back, Ed.

Members who have read this thread: 0