Just Flight Avro Vulcan Released!

Thread: Just Flight Avro Vulcan Released!

Just Flight Avro Vulcan Released!

Last edited by Tom Clayton; November 28th, 2023 at 12:58.

It's the 28th, it's released and it is awesome!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Best ever FS model of a Vulcan!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yahoo! Vulcan Taco Tuesday!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

First impressions: she's LOUD, beautiful and quite the handful!

Cheers,

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Those sounds are....well...incredible!

I don't think I'm manly enough to handle this beast lol!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    First impressions: she's LOUD, beautiful and quite the handful!

Cheers,

Priller
    So she’s my college girlfriend. Sounds fun!

OMG, it's brilliant. The howl of those engines taking off.

Worth every penny.
    Very smooth in flight.
    Atlanta to Canada on a basic keyboard AP. Held ALT & HDG the whole way.
    Superb flyer.
    T43

Quick Start Guide

A new video...

Gotta say, the Vulcan is awesome. For anyone sitting on the fence, I'd highly recommend.

My dream would be that this be brought over to DCS as a multicrew aircraft capable of bombing, air refuelling etc, but I think it'll stay a dream

I can't help it but to use the scramble starter that starts all engines and then shut them down and repeat - the soundset is so good!!

Worth noting that the RAF fleet only had about 4 minutes notice of an incoming nuclear attack in order to get airborne hence the need to start all engines simultaneously.
    Last edited by centuryseries; December 4th, 2023 at 04:20.

Blog Entries
    I think an E.E Lightning would go quite nicely with this

I'm loving the Vulcan thus far! getting through starting it up and getting it ready to fly has been an awesome learning experience, but

I did some looking and can't seem to find anything, would the braintrust here have any info on how the Vulcans operated during their active years? I've learned my desires to fly in MSFS have become more canned and I long to re-enact real missions and follow the original routes closely.
    -building a new sig as you see this!-

Quote Originally Posted by SH427 View Post
    I'm loving the Vulcan thus far! getting through starting it up and getting it ready to fly has been an awesome learning experience, but

I did some looking and can't seem to find anything, would the braintrust here have any info on how the Vulcans operated during their active years? I've learned my desires to fly in MSFS have become more canned and I long to re-enact real missions and follow the original routes closely.
    Well, the only time they went to war was right at the end of their service lives, during the Falklands conflict in 1982. At the time, they were the longest bombing missions ever flown.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Black_Buck

Just Flight has included a simulated air refuelling function, so you can at least fly the route - if you can sit in front of a simulator for that long.

Other long range missions would be from the UK to oveseas RAF bases like Luqa in Malta, Akrotiri in Cyprus, Gan in the Maldives, Changi in Singapore and then on to RAAF bases in Australia. Also the flights to and from the USA for Red Flag and Giant Voice.

My ship was 'buzzed' by the MRR version of the Vulcan off the Mull of Kintyre, so you can do some patrols in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by SH427 View Post

I think reprising the air show display of the last Vulcan XH558 would be fun ?!

Quote Originally Posted by IanHenry View Post
    I think an E.E Lightning would go quite nicely with this
    I would really like to see the king of delta wings in a modern sim, and that would be the B-58 Hustler. US politics cut this bird's life in half. Such a stupid decision.
    Asus Rog Strix Z 390 Intel I 9900 36 g Ram@4200 1080 TI Overclock 4.9

Quote Originally Posted by skipph View Post
    I would really like to see the king of delta wings in a modern sim, and that would be the B-58 Hustler. US politics cut this bird's life in half. Such a stupid decision.

There is one being made. Check the MS flightsim forums. Although it is not going to be to the development level that Just Flight did with the Vulcan. The guy is also doing the XB-70.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

New update out today - v1.1
    - Automatic AEO option added to EFB aircraft page - when enabled, the virtual AEO will automatically handle the electrical systems throughout the flight, from cold & dark, takeoff, climb to descent, after landing and shutdown. It will always default to being disabled.
    - Dynamic speeds card added to cockpit, showing rotation, climb, pattern, approach and threshold speeds that are based on the current aircraft weight.
    - Numerous sound set fixes, improvements and new features:

• Added payload jettison sound effects
    • Added pilot and tanker callouts (takeoff, climb, approach, landing and airtoair refuelling)
    • Added sound effects to GPS unit
    • Added ASI UC flag sound effects
    • Added aerodynamic air brake whistle (exterior, high drag only)
    • Added refuelling probe nitrogen purge sound effect
    • Added volume difference to air brake in medium and high drag modes
    • Fixed stall shake effects triggering on ground
    • Fixed missing sound effects for refuelling operations
    • Fixed missing sound effects for parachute operations
    • Fixed missing sound effects for air brake operations (only audible without engines running)
    • Improved headphone simulation
    • Updated distant engine sounds at medium and high power
    • Updated audio for airbrake switch
    • Lots of minor tweaks

& a number of other updates.

Keith.

Keith, I hope you don't mind me pasting the full list, as there are a number of significant new features in V1.1 missing in your post - such as the autopilot menu now on the EFB, plus the automated brake chute deployment and jettison.

- Automatic AEO option added to EFB aircraft page - when enabled, the virtual AEO will automatically handle the electrical systems throughout the flight, from cold & dark, takeoff, climb to descent, after landing and shutdown. It will always default to being disabled.
    - Dynamic speeds card added to cockpit, showing rotation, climb, pattern, approach and threshold speeds that are based on the current aircraft weight.
    - Numerous sound set fixes, improvements and new features:

• Added payload jettison sound effects
    • Added pilot and tanker callouts (takeoff, climb, approach, landing and airtoair refuelling)
    • Added sound effects to GPS unit
    • Added ASI UC flag sound effects
    • Added aerodynamic air brake whistle (exterior, high drag only)
    • Added refuelling probe nitrogen purge sound effect
    • Added volume difference to air brake in medium and high drag modes
    • Fixed stall shake effects triggering on ground
    • Fixed missing sound effects for refuelling operations
    • Fixed missing sound effects for parachute operations
    • Fixed missing sound effects for air brake operations (only audible without engines running)
    • Improved headphone simulation
    • Updated distant engine sounds at medium and high power
    • Updated audio for airbrake switch
    • Lots of minor tweaks

- Reset RAT, emergency gear release and rapid start air recharge options added to EFB to allow for resetting without having to restart the flight.
    - Multiple exterior LODs added to improve performance, especially with multiplayer
    - Autopilot menu added to EFB aircraft page for quick selection of autopilot modes
    - AEO and navigator views changed from showcase to cockpit camera type to resolve issues with LOCK interaction mode and VR/head trackers
    - Numerous LOCK interaction compatibility and controller usability fixes
    - Automatic brake parachute jettison EFB option logic changed so that the brake parachute is now automatically deployed and then jettisoned, rather than just jettisoned. For automatic deployment to occur, the aircraft must be on the ground, airspeed below 140 KIAS and pitch at or below 5 degrees.
    - Animation of undercarriage warning flag on ASI adjusted to better match real aircraft
    - Minor livery fixes
    - Airbrake animation logic and speed adjusted to better match real aircraft
    - GPU (Houchin) lights no longer flash, like the real unit
    - XH558 VTTS variant missing AI/multiplayer sounds - fixed
    - Beam compass heading and track can now be adjusted using the MSFS control assignments
    - Autopilot dive/climb pitch selector now animates when using the MSFS control assignments
    - Radio altimeter limit light colour and logic adjusted to better match real aircraft
    - Camera click spots only working with the EFB tablet enabled/visible - fixed
    - Director horizon pitch scale slow adjustment rate - fixed
    - COM radio volume no longer defaults to 0% when C&D state is selected
    - Autopilot ALT/IAS and A/L PRIME knob animations - fixed
    - Tail clearance light logic adjusted to better match real aircraft - first light illuminates to warn of imminent tail strike, second light illuminates to indicate a strike has occurred.

Members who have read this thread: 0