Sundownersim - nas miramar late 1980s

Thread: Sundownersim - nas miramar late 1980s

Good looking static Tomcats, hopefully the O-club is modeled.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Looking through the screenshots, I love the easter egg of the guy sitting on a motorcycle.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

That must be Tom Cruise thinking about the time he was young..

Looks great but why still no traffic ? Take-offs and landings would've been going on around the clock, wouldn't it ? Why does that seem to be still so hard to implement ? I thought by now every new militairy airport add-on would feature it's own dynamic traffic. An airfield like NAS Miramar during the late 1980's with its aprons packed with jetfighters but nothing going on anywhere, dead as a doornail... A terribly missed chance if you ask me (i'll still buy it. Btw, thank you Zsolt ;-) (and maybe that's just the problem, we still buy 'em even without traffic.. )

Therefore i'd like to refrain my opening statement : That must be Tom Cruise thinking about the time there was something going on overthere.. ( he was chasing an F-14 in take-off mode on that very motorbike wasn't he... Now he just sits there..)

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    That must be Tom Cruise thinking about the time he was young..

Looks great but why still no traffic ? Take-offs and landings would've been going on around the clock, wouldn't it ? Why does that seem to be still so hard to implement ? I thought by now every new militairy airport add-on would feature it's own dynamic traffic. An airfield like NAS Miramar during the late 1980's with its aprons packed with jetfighters but nothing going on anywhere, dead as a doornail... A terribly missed chance if you ask me (i'll still buy it. Btw, thank you Zsolt ;-) (and maybe that's just the problem, we still buy 'em even without traffic.. )

Therefore i'd like to refrain my opening statement : That must be Tom Cruise thinking about the time there was something going on overthere.. ( he was chasing an F-14 in take-off mode on that very motorbike wasn't he... Now he just sits there..)
    The whole game is reminiscent of the movie "On the Beach" when the sub visits San Francisco. Just a few self driving cars stuck in a Cul de Sac. Having said that it should fit the scenario of a Vulcan returning from WWIII.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Looking through the screenshots, I love the easter egg of the guy sitting on a motorcycle.
    About that - I am sure you didn't miss the Top Gun movie set in screenie 11/35: complete with lighting, cameras, green screen and the F-14s of Maverick and Iceman, if I am not mistaken...

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunshack View Post
    The whole game is reminiscent of the movie "On the Beach" when the sub visits San Francisco. Just a few self driving cars stuck in a Cul de Sac. Having said that it should fit the scenario of a Vulcan returning from WWIII.
    Seems i've lost you here in Lincolnshire...

Isn't 'On the Beach' a 'science fiction' movie from 1959 with Gregory Peck ?... Seems to me the only link to aviation is Nevil Shute who wrote the story... Never heard of this movie, then again does seem interesting...

@ Frosty: what is "screenie 11/35" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    @ Frosty: what is "screenie 11/35" ?
    Screenshot 11/35

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	329931_20.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	779.3 KB 
ID:	92403

Yup, that's the one; the 11th screenshot of the 35 available (counter is the upper left corner when you enlarge the images)

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

Absolutely fabulous indeed !

Must say i didn't realize when first browsing thru the screenshots. Embarrassing. I owe Sundownersim an apology. Shows magnificent dedication to the subject. They even didn't forget to put 'pilot actor figures' in two of the Cats. And obviously the guy talking in his phone is Mr. Scott's assistent. Must've been good fun creating it.

Thanks for showing me Thomas/Frosty !

With the new Tomcat, I cracked and bought this. Brilliant scenery!!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Wow, damn great!!! Such a nice idea with the camera set!!! Congrats to this great addon and all users who are able to fly from there
    One of the best scenery addons for a long while in my opinion!
    Best regards, Manfred.

obviously the guy talking in his phone is Mr. Scott's assistent
    Phone should be at least a foot long...

Correct ! But that's in the hands of the assistent and the Sundownersim dev. Fantastic job nontheless, isn't it.

Members who have read this thread: 0