Did the MSFS colour rendition change?

Thread: Did the MSFS colour rendition change?

Did the MSFS colour rendition change?

I was away from my computer for a few days, and getting back to MSFS last night I noticed something odd. The colours seem to be different. Maybe it's the hue, the shade, the rendition... Hard to tell.

For example, the red lights across the end of some runways (not the VASI), seem to be more pink than they are red. Even the green on certain landscapes is more faded, less rich.

Of course, it might be a problem with my computer, my video card, monitor... whatever! But before I begin second-guessing every component, I thought I'd simply ask if anyone else has experienced this within the last few days. (For chronological context, today is November 18, 2023 just in case this thread gets more attention over time).

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

- Kenneth

I'm colorblind, so I have no idea...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    I'm colorblind, so I have no idea...
    Jan, it never ceases to amaze me that you can be the most prolific, successful, and popular (arguably) re-painter in FS history, and yet be colour blind! I think the community should begin a fund to get you a pair of those EnChroma glasses we see videos of on YouTube. It would be a great way of thanking you for the value you have added to our hobby over the years.

- Kenneth

I think there is a setting to change the interface colors. Maybe it got changed without you noticing .

Quote Originally Posted by Spook48 View Post
    I think there is a setting to change the interface colors. Maybe it got changed without you noticing .
    Maybe so. Nothing surprises me with MSFS these days! I enjoy it immensely, amidst moments of frustration brought on through the pursuit of that enjoyment.

- Kenneth

Oow , after reading carefully , i see you are talking about ingame colors . Not about the interface . So dont mind my answer .

Quote Originally Posted by Spook48 View Post
    Oow , after reading carefully , i see you are talking about ingame colors . Not about the interface . So dont mind my answer .
    Actually, I even tried changing the colour settings of the 40" TV I use as the main monitor. No suggestion is crazy or without value when given with a view to help. Thank you.
    - Kenneth

Quote Originally Posted by vipgroup View Post
    I was away from my computer for a few days, and getting back to MSFS last night I noticed something odd. The colours seem to be different. Maybe it's the hue, the shade, the rendition... Hard to tell.

For example, the red lights across the end of some runways (not the VASI), seem to be more pink than they are red. Even the green on certain landscapes is more faded, less rich.
    - Kenneth
    If you are on the BETA for SU14 this might be the case. To my knowledge also SU13 introduced some changes to atmospheric lighting, to reduce the strength of the black line on the horizon, those shall have been only minor though.

I really haven't seen any change in colour settings.

@vipgroup: did you have any updates to the drivers of the gfx card or anything?

Cheers,

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    I really haven't seen any change in colour settings.

@vipgroup: did you have any updates to the drivers of the gfx card or anything?

Cheers,

Priller
    Not that I know of... But it might be a trick of the "light" or my new glasses even!! Thanks for the feedback.
    - Kenneth

Members who have read this thread: 0