F-5 Tiger II by Venom Zero Productions just released - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: F-5 Tiger II by Venom Zero Productions just released

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    The F-5 seems to have been heavly modded. Different models had slightly different cockpits and those cockpit were modified even more to fit the mission. Prehaps the various devs are using source data from different cockpit layouts?
    Most military planes get modified over time. Even the KC-135 now has a glass cockpit. Anyone that picks a photo of a certain types cockpit and says "your model doesn't match this pic" needs to do a little more research.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

If you're referring to me, Tom, I'll reply to the passive aggressive comment.
    The photo I took is of a semi-modern US Navy example of the F-5N. Ex-Swiss to be specific. It has the newer radio stack, radar screen, but retains much from the older F-5E fitting. My point was that the devs have taken bits from the old F-5s, mish-mashed with some modern updates from various militaries. A working HUD is possibly from a Brazilian F-5EM or Chilean jet?

The ex-Jordanian F-5Es that TacAir acquired back in the early 2020s, are considered to be the most modern avionics wise, with complete glass suites. So much, that NAVAIR has contracted them to upgrade the existing F-5s in the USN and USMC fleet.

So yeah, I've done some research.
    I pass gas!

I honestly wasn't referring to any one person in particular. Rivet counting on this board is nowhere near as bad as it is on others.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

In no way a rivet counter but I am a historian, I like it to be old and historically correct, no interest in MFDs and the like.
    As a VR flyer I'm 99.9% in the cockpit so the pit has to look right and good in VR.
    I've compared the VC screenshots of all 3 F5s and there is only one I'd consider buying and even then I might wait a few days to be sure the VC is an improvement on the Phantom...

Very nice Zsolt!

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by ZsoltB View Post

Love the weathering you've implemented my man. Great job!

I'm a GA type. Singles and twins. I just now read through this thread and am seriously considering heading off to ORBX. I've only bought one "jet fighter" in my FS "career" and that was the Boeing T-45C from IndiaFoxtEcho. Got pretty good with it in FSX and P3 flying the Mach Loop. The paints you all have created pushed me over the edge.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    I'm a GA type. Singles and twins. I just now read through this thread and am seriously considering heading off to ORBX. I've only bought one "jet fighter" in my FS "career" and that was the Boeing T-45C from IndiaFoxtEcho. Got pretty good with it in FSX and P3 flying the Mach Loop. The paints you all have created pushed me over the edge.
    For what it's worth, I suggest you wait for the SC (Dean's) version, which should be out in a couple of weeks. I think it will be a better model. I have had lots of problems getting things to work in the Vernon F-5. I have deleted it from my computer and will purchase the SC version when it hits the market.

Now, this is just my opinion, others probably have a difffient outlook on the airplane.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    There are a few on this forum that don’t like it but others do. I must admit that initial release needed a lot of work; since then, there has been significant upgrades to the cockpit and this is the only version with the F-5A and F-5E model. Quite frankly, most never updated their version so they really may not know what they’re talking about really. After seeing Deimos release, the canopy area looks all jacked up so I won’t touch that with a 10-foot pole. I like a few DC Design aircraft and I’m sure that version will have an improved FM but who knows. At the end, there will always be someone who does a better version. For instance, when the Heatblur F-14 came, any other F-14 and repaints were deleted immediately. At the end, do as you please.

Quote Originally Posted by ZsoltB View Post
    Bro which program do you use for skinning. You also create some perfect comp files.

Quote Originally Posted by GO_Navy View Post
    Bro which program do you use for skinning. You also create some perfect comp files.
    Adobe Photoshop CS6
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Members who have read this thread: 208