SWS PC-12 Livestream Preview . . .

Thread: SWS PC-12 Livestream Preview . . .

SWS PC-12 Livestream Preview . . .

. . . coming today (in about 6 hours from this post) here:

SimWorks Studios Pilatus PC-12 | First Look Preview | MSFS - YouTube

Hopefully, this means release is very soon.

Mod edit - stream starts 5 Nov 23, 1800Z, or 1300 US EDT, 1000 US PDT.
    Last edited by Tom Clayton; November 5th, 2023 at 08:34.
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Killbilly View Post

Hopefully, this means release is very soon.
    Me too. This thing is taking forever. However, I am sure it will be worth it.

On second thought, it probably will be released this week. I will mostly be out of touch on a photo shoot all week.
    Last edited by jmig; November 5th, 2023 at 05:12. Reason: Add second thought
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Yeah, also, what, five planes I want shipped this week? So SWS will likely join the party.

Dev's should really stop bothering about trying to recreate 'living things' like human beings and other animals into something like a flight simulator. Boats and planes and trains and cars and everything else consisting of material can be made to look fantasticly realistic and exceptionally beautiful on our big monitor screens. Human beings and other living species will always look like something out of a nightmare no matter how much effort a developer puts in it. We flightsimmers used to have to imagine just about everything else outside the scope of the actual 'aircraft' we were supposed to be virtually flying. We got exceptionally good at that. All we needed was a good computer, a flightsim program and a ton of imagination. That worked remarkably well.

And in our amazing virtual flying world today, i.e. MSFS, there are still things that are better left to our imagination because they are just impossible to digitally recreate realisticly. I just saw a demo of a new MSFS aircraft model and it had a cat lying on the co-pilot seat. I would not be able to seriously fly this airplane with such a sorrowful, sad and depressed looking creature lying there beside me. I really do think that devs are completely wasting their precious development time on stuff like this. The cockpit of this SWS PC-12 looks fantastic already, i can imagine it would've looked even more fantastic if the dev wouldn't have been wasting time on creating these livingdead halloween creatures sitting there in my beautiful PC-12 cabin. Disembark now, please !!

I tend to agree with you. Perhaps the aircraft devs should enlist the assistance of some of the other "action, shoot-em-up" games. Some games have a lot better looking, ie. "more realistic" people.
    (I left the cat at home and took the dog flying.)

I don't know...this from the latest Heatblur video. The pilots eyes move in the direction of the head turn and elevation in a very realistic manner and they blink. Looks really really good. And this is from Ultra close up. It's not bad at all.

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by Mach3DS View Post
    I don't know...this from the latest Heatblur video. The pilots eyes move in the direction of the head turn and elevation in a very realistic manner and they blink. Looks really really good. And this is from Ultra close up. It's not bad at all.
    I have absolutely no problem what so ever with pilot figure models. On the contrary, not practising FS aircraft modeling anymore but when i did the pilot figure was my fav object to create (always been a stickler for pilot- helmets and other gear, i have a nice collection ;-). No flightsim aircraft model looks realistic and complete without a pilot figure flying it. It is just as essential as the gear or canopy glass or whatever. Must say MSFS default pilot figures (and airport personnel) look pretty convincing today including their anims. Some third party pilot models look pretty good too. They are essential, they've got something to do, even ugly ones will do because of that. It's the passenger figures that sit around doing nothing, looking dead, grotesque and hideous. Not their fault, not the creators fault, it's just what they are in a flight simulation program and always will be, dead monstrosities right out of your worst nightmare. They can do nothing else than being a big bad defect and dishonor in otherwise meticulously recreated aircraft cabins. And, like the whole point of my soapbox requisition, it still takes a lot of time and effort to create these superfluous monstrosities !

I'll jump off of my NPA box(No Pax Allowed)now. Btw, the pilot head in your screenie looks very good !
    That HGU-55/P helmet and MBU-12/P O2 mask look exactly like the combo sitting here on my shelve. ;-) (personally i would'nt have bothered about the face. Just the visor down would've done the job just as well, maybe even better..)

Can't wait for that Heatblur/IFT combo F-14.

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    I tend to agree with you. Perhaps the aircraft devs should enlist the assistance of some of the other "action, shoot-em-up" games. Some games have a lot better looking, ie. "more realistic" people.
    That's because they are the main dish in most games. The whole game is build around an as realistic looking- and animated human figure, taking up a lot of resources that need to be way better used in a flightsim program. Remember MSFS is NOT a game...

Btw, i'm not sure but it just might be true that the MSFS default pilot- and personnel figures are already implemented by an action game dev. It's just that MSFS is a totally different ball...uhh.. game than one of the gazillion shoot 'em up games.

Ahh, I see. I misunderstood your original comments! My mistake, Javis!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

I suppose the passengers could be modeled in Poser and then exported somehow, but it would probably blow the poly count out of the water...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails poser.jpg  
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    I suppose the passengers could be modeled in Poser and then exported somehow, but it would probably blow the poly count out of the water...
    Most deffinately. Those eyelashes only consist of more poly's then the entire VC of a 747. And then she'll have to talk and run her fingers thru her hair because you'd want her to look alive and realistic, don't you. The polycount will subsequently be blown out of the atlantic ocean. But I do get where you're aiming at of course. Not exactly a passenger but more like your second officer, right? Keep on dreaming mate

Quote Originally Posted by Mach3DS View Post
    Ahh, I see. I misunderstood your original comments! My mistake, Javis!
    No problemo,sir

Members who have read this thread: 0