Why can't MS, Asobo, and Xbox leave well enough alone?

Thread: Why can't MS, Asobo, and Xbox leave well enough alone?

SOH-CM-2024

Why can't MS, Asobo, and Xbox leave well enough alone?

They updated the SDK today to 0.22.3.0 and the entire mess is FUBAR and a total POS! I hope it gets a fix soon or you've seen the last scenery from me. I am biting nails, I am so PO'd I am tempted to uninstall MSFS, already dumped that new Update, the new Documentation for it, and the Samples, which are totally in a different tier from the last Samples. I can't even open my old XMLs, much less create a new project. I hope someone from Asobo is reading this, because I am on the verge of a heart attack, I am so flipping mad! The sheer frustration of this game can really get to one at times! I sure hope 2024 is better, because this sim bites my crank at times.

Cazzie

I'm with ya, Cazz. Those three aren't the only ones either. Websites, apps, and other pieces of technology announce "new and improved versions" of their offerings, and most of the time it's something that didn't need fixin'.

I have not tried the new SDK yet so can't really comment. Have in mind that it is not a requirement to use the new SDK if you have problems with it. You can always uninstall it and reinstalled a previous version that works for you. The sceneries you make will still be compatible. I'm actually working these days with the previous SDK with no issues at all.

I don't use the SDK much, but the SU14 beta has been rocky as well. I'm not complaining, I signed up to use the beta knowing full well it would be buggy, but oh boy is this one buggy! Hope they get it all sorted out.

SOH-CM-2024
    The SDK works fine, the problem exists with the new 0.22.3.0 Samples. They are tiered entirely different and located in different folders. I found I could do sceneries with the new Samples, but the Package will not write am Manifest.json or a Layout.json, only Contents and Sources. However, I have saved all of my Samples from the last SDK, which are in three tiers, not four, and they work fine with the new SDK. Another strange quirk, I can only make the SDK work by using Alt-Enter picture mode, it will not work in Full Screen?

I worked up an airport that was always in Flight Sim from FSX back, but is not listed in MSFS. It's here locally and called Buck Holler (95VA), a private turf strip only 1200-ft. long. It will challenge any of you bush pilots and I highly advise using a good STOL aircraft to land there. When finished, I shall list the coordinates. One will have to depart from KDAN, Danville Regional Airport. But Buck Holler is just 3 miles to the north. Watch that tree line, hit your flaps just before dipping. Runway 17 is straight out from KDAN and where you want to land, the runway runs upgrade. It's a real deal folks, not something I made up and it's as challenging as any bush strip I have landed at.

Bing Earth (Apple Earth) Image shown along with a screenshot of me coming in to land.

Cazzie

Attachment 92147Attachment 92148

Members who have read this thread: 0