Robert Bruce s Bristol Fighter Part 1 of 4

Thread: Robert Bruce s Bristol Fighter Part 1 of 4

Robert Bruce s Bristol Fighter Part 1 of 4

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military - Props

Description: This is package 1 from 4 of the FS2004 version from the Bristol Fighter F.2B Mk.1, by Robert Bruce. This package does not not any other packages to function. Aircraft included in this file include 3 examples of the initial Mk.1 Bristol Fighter with short exhausts and 2 blade propellor. Aircraft depicted include C4800, C4619 and BR401.

Robert Bruce originally created this Bristol fighter for the CFS3 over Flanders Fields add-on. His aim was to create this model as detailed as possible. Based on the visual model a spearate version for Flight Simulator X has been produced and is available seperately from Avsim.

The FS2004 version is based on a modified version of the CFS3 mesh. Unfortunately due to limitations of the makemdl compiler/exporter for FS9, much of the virtual cockpit has been revised. The compiler also optimises the mesh. This is especially noticeable on small cockpit parts and also round cockpit parts when compared to the CFS3 and FSX versions.

While working on this model Robert Bruce has been diagnosed with soft-tissue cancer and not long after disappeared from the web and I lost contact with him. As far as I know the FS2004 version of this model has never been available on any of the larger flightsim sites. Therefore I have uploaded these files here. This is the original file as I received it in 2007. In his included license agreement Robert allows free distribution under certain conditions.

Robert Bruce, where ever you are, thanks for this beautiful model. I hope people will remember Robert while flying it.

Huub Vink
    October 2023

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Robert Bruce s Bristiol Fiughter Part 1 of 4
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Robert Bruce s Bristiol Fighter Part 2 of 4

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military - Props

Description: This is package 2 from 4 of the FS2004 version from the Bristol Fighter F.2B Mk.1, by Robert Bruce. This is an optional add-on to part one of the Bristol F2B package and requires the prior installation of part1. The aircraft included in this file is an example of the long horizontal exhaust version of the Bristol F2B, E2459 of No. 88 Sqdn RFC/RAF.

Robert Bruce originally created this Bristol fighter for the CFS3 over Flanders Fields add-on. His aim was to create this model as detailed as possible. Based on the visual model a spearate version for Flight Simulator X has been produced and is available seperately from Avsim.

The FS2004 version is based on a modified version of the CFS3 mesh. Unfortunately due to limitations of the makemdl compiler/exporter for FS9, much of the virtual cockpit has been revised. The compiler also optimises the mesh. This is especially noticeable on small cockpit parts and also round cockpit parts when compared to the CFS3 and FSX versions.

While working on this model Robert Bruce has been diagnosed with soft-tissue cancer and not long after disappeared from the web and I lost contact with him. As far as I know the FS2004 version of this model has never been available on any of the larger flightsim sites. Therefore I have uploaded these files here. This is the original file as I received it in 2007. In his included license agreement Robert allows free distribution under certain conditions.

Robert Bruce, where ever you are, thanks for this beautiful model. I hope people will remember Robert while flying it.

Huub Vink
    October 2023

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Robert Bruce s Bristiol Fighter Part 2 of 4

Robert Bruce s Bristiol Fighter Part 3 of 4

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Jankees skins - Military

Description: This is package 3 from 4 of the FS2004 version from the Bristol Fighter F.2B Mk.1, by Robert Bruce. This is an optional add-on to part one and two of the Bristol F2B package and requires the prior installation of part1 and part2. Aircraft included in this file include 4 examples of the Bristol Fighter Mk.1 with long diagonal exhausts and 2 blade propellor. Aircraft depicted include E2601, F4306, E2529 and F4337.

Huub Vink
    October 2023

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Robert Bruce s Bristiol Fighter Part 3 of 4

Robert Bruce s Bristiol Fighter Part 4 of 4

Description: This is package 4 from 4 of the FS2004 version from the Bristol Fighter F.2B Mk.1, by Robert Bruce. This is an optional add-on and does not require other parts to be downloaded as it exists in its own folder. Aircraft included in this file include 2 examples of the Bristol Fighter Mk.1 with 4 blade propellor. Aircraft depicted include D8084 and B1112.

Huub Vink
    October 2023

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Robert Bruce s Bristiol Fighter Part 4 of 4

Robert Bruce's Bristol Fighter

A big thank you to Huub for uploading this to the library. Mr Bruce did us proud with this little gem.
    Andy

Thanks Huub for saving his heritage. Super to have it for FS9!

hertzie.

Avsim is missing f2bx1pt2.zip

EDIT: Found it at
    simviation
    Ken

Thanks for this Huub, The 48 Sqn one would go well with Keith Park's Hurricane

wiki

No. 48 Squadron of the Royal Flying Corps was formed at Netheravon, Wiltshire, on 15 April 1916. The squadron was posted to France in March 1917 and became the first fighter squadron to be equipped with the Bristol Fighter. One of the squadron's commanders was Keith Park, then a Major, who later led No. 11 Group of Fighter Command during the Battle of Britain as an Air Vice Marshal. The squadron became part of the Royal Air Force when the Royal Flying Corps merged with the Royal Naval Air Service in 1918. It moved by sea to India during May/June 1919, being based at Quetta. On 1 April 1920 the squadron was disbanded by renumbering it to No. 5 Squadron.
    Sadly, Robbie's blog is still up on the internet with its last entry being December of 2008 ( https://biff-diaries.blogspot.com/) ;

ttfn

Pete

Thank you for preserving and sharing these files.

normb

Thanks to Huub for sharing and to all for providing background info. We sometimes forget the effort that goes into building these models.

normb

These are just beautiful Hub. How about a silver doped inter-war skin? Say 208 Sqdn. 1922, Middle East.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Quote Originally Posted by stoney View Post
    These are just beautiful Hub. How about a silver doped inter-war skin? Say 208 Sqdn. 1922, Middle East.
    There's one out there somewhere, possibly Simviation or Surclaro

Ttfn

Pete

Members +
    Thanks for the Bristol. I remember it from many years ago, &..
    a bit thanks for still supporting a 20 year old sim.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Many thanks for these beauties Huub

Martin

There is absolutely no need to thank me, as the model was a gift by Robert Bruce. The only thing I did was to make the FS9 model available again, as it seemed not to be available anywhere.

Cheers,
    Huub

Wink

Hello,

Yes indeed a big thank to Robert Bruce for this very nice rendition of the Biff and the sound is magnificent
    In my FS2004 install from his release date

Members who have read this thread: 4