SWS/Pilot's Dash 7 Released!

Thread: SWS/Pilot's Dash 7 Released!

SWS/Pilot's Dash 7 Released!

Good news...Pilot's has formally released the Dash 7. And I have bought it. Here's the rub - you can't download it until Pilot's sends you a link, which surprisingly (to me at least), only took 10 minutes or so. Downloading as I type this.

More to come after I install it and fly it a bit.

Kent

**UPDATE: Download and install went well, the visual model is decent, the flight model seems good, comes with a decent number of liveries, but the cockpit is only "okay" based on MSFS standards, in my opinion (but I've been spoiled). Bottom line: I think for the price, it's worth it. I look forward to hearing others' impressions**

Purchase Link

Last edited by ColoKent; October 27th, 2023 at 08:32. Reason: Link Added

Thanks for the alert, Kent! That's a nice price and I'm definitely interested. Not a huge fan of the update process on the Pilot's website, so gotta decide whether to grab it now or wait for it to hit stores with more automated update setups.

Looking forward to your impressions!

Nice first look video here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkyVeggwIMg
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    Good news...Pilot's has formally released the Dash 7. And I have bought it. Here's the rub - you can't download it until Pilot's sends you a link, which surprisingly (to me at least), only took 10 minutes or so. Downloading as I type this.

More to come after I install it and fly it a bit.

Kent

**UPDATE: Download and install went well, the visual model is decent, the flight model seems good, comes with a decent number of liveries, but the cockpit is only "okay" based on MSFS standards, in my opinion (but I've been spoiled). Bottom line: I think for the price, it's worth it. I look forward to hearing others' impressions**

Purchase Link

Well, you can also go to the website section titled YOUR DOWNLOADS, pick the Dash 7 from the drop down menu, and download it. You don't have to wait for the email, but you do have to figure out their non-intuitive website, which may be more difficult.

From the reviews and the promise of upcoming cargo variants, I think I'll wait for at least the first update. In the meantime, the BBS Sherpa is imminent.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

No fan of that website, lots of hoop jumps just to get the model. Anyhow, I agree with Kent, the model is a bit backdated for current standards but still nice. The one bug I have issues with is the altitude selector, it didn't want to work for me, stuck on 5000ft. At some point in my testing it suddenly started working as it should. No idea why or if I was doing something wrong. Honestly, I like the ATR a lot better and hope at some point the Majestic Dash 8 Q400 reappears. I am more interested in the iniBuilds MU-2F at the moment if they ever get the license from MHI. That's a strange one!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2023
    Navigating Pilot's menus and procedures for downloading and installing was frustrating.

The documentation is minimal.

I like the handling in air and on ground. Nice cabin looks and copilot. Nice passenger layout.

I purchased this plane b/c I flew a business trip on on one. Smooth flight above a lightning storm.
    Can't forget looking down through the clouds at the ground at dusk while the lightning illuminated the
    clouds. Thrilling. High wings allowed easy viewing.

Have not tried the instuments yet. Better documentation would help.

Another review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g91g8GKK9lw

Another Dash 7 Update

Although I am still standing by my initial observations...

...I'm having a blast flying this beast in and out of very short runways. For some reason, the Toronto area is fun because there are lots of short runways, there is the water of the lake...and Downsview is where this baby was born at DeHavilland of Canada.

Kent

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Im a sucker for Arctic Aircraft used in Canada's Attic. Now just waiting on Pilots to process my order.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Have been flying it all weekend & it took a couple of flights to sort out the VS, (set on the pitch wheel next to the AP ON/OFF switch down below Captains hip, & VS on the Dashboard AP must be on) It climbs to the preset ALT & levels off ok & follows NAV or HDG.
    But have not figured ILS approaches yet. It has an APR button in the AP panel.
    Also, not sure if there is a Nav1 switch somewhere.
    GPS you get is determined by which livery you choose.
    Thoroughly enjoying this USD23 piece of aviation history.
    Anyone figured out ILS settings? I set up what I think is correct, but it won't descend, which makes me wonder if its capturing the LOC?
    T43

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Im in delay. It appears my bank in Texas is being a PIA with certain EU nations lol. Matter is cleared now just waiting on Pilots again. If this doesn't work I'll use my Nevada Bank account or RBC of Canada. Either way im gettting the Dash 7.

Update my banker is a flightsim user. Many thanks to him for helping me out with Pilots Dash 7. I now have it and am airborne over Nunavik.
    Last edited by CG_1976; October 30th, 2023 at 10:57.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Sorted the ILS & it does a clean approach using the GNS530 or the TDS GPS units, & AP.
    T43

I bought it this afternoon, using Paypal. The required emails came through instantly, so no bother with registering it. Reviewers have mentioned issues such as lack of documentation, overly fast taxi speed, too clean external textures, the pilot's arm rest that can't be moved out of the way, and yes, they do need attention. However, I really enjoyed a brief test flight around Edwards KEDW, using a Loupedeck for all the trim and autopilot controls - it worked perfectly. I hope Pilots will develop the Dash 7 further, with maybe a cargo version, but until then I think it is already £18 well spent.

After landing at Edwards, and all shut down:

SOH-CM-2023
    Had a succesful ILS approach landing using the VOR and APR buttons but had to use the Z key to activate
    the autopilot. Could not find a cockpit key or indicator showing autopilot condition.

Anyone find a cockpit autopilot key or indicator?

Quote Originally Posted by jimjones View Post
    Had a succesful ILS approach landing using the VOR and APR buttons but had to use the Z key to activate
    the autopilot. Could not find a cockpit key or indicator showing autopilot condition.

Anyone find a cockpit autopilot key or indicator?
    It's on the center console, with a Yaw Damper button too.

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    It's on the center console, with a Yaw Damper button too.
    Easily found after your tip. Thanks, Tiger.

Version 1.10 is out; this is from their Facebook page.

Here comes the first update for our Dash 7 for MSFS.

This update brings it to v1.10 and it contains the following changes and improvements:

Support for PMS50 GTN added.

- GNS Model -
    Transponder fixed.

- All Models -
    Implemented new realistic inboard and outboard wing spoiler logic.
    Wing edge strobe lights fixed.
    Fuselage belly strobe light fixed.
    Flap retraction automation implemented.
    New parking brake clickspot on button.
    Fixed engine 4 thrust lever mapping for gust lock.

Know how to get it?
    So far no email advice & I looked at my Pilot's A/C & couldn't find the update.
    The other thing is trying to figure if its an "add on", or a complete original uninstall, install the update?
    T43

Quote Originally Posted by Twice43 View Post
    Know how to get it?
    So far no email advice & I looked at my Pilot's A/C & couldn't find the update.
    The other thing is trying to figure if its an "add on", or a complete original uninstall, install the update?
    T43
    based on the boeing 314

Go to your account
    - My downloads
    - select your model aircraft
    - show downloads
    The update should appear in the the downloads description box.
    - download

Yes, Pilots does seem to require the unistall and install the update
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

And now v1.12. The email you get only mentions the improvements incorporated in v1.10, so a bit of a slip up there. Here's the actual changelog for v1.12:

ChangeLog v1.12

- All Models -
    Yoke movement fix.

- GNS Model -
    Screen flickering issue fixed.

- PMS50 GTN Model -
    Fix for operability from Cold & Dark startup.

SOH-CM-2023
    Do you really have to use Pilot's uninstall procedure? I merely deleted the file from the Community folder and installed the latest version. Seems to work OK.

Quote Originally Posted by jimjones View Post
    Do you really have to use Pilot's uninstall procedure? I merely deleted the file from the Community folder and installed the latest version. Seems to work OK.
    That's what I did too - no problems.

When I have to use an installer, the first thing I do is move it out of the Community folder, then open the add/remove programs app in the Control Panel and check to see if it put an entry in there, then run the uninstall from there if needed. Then I can put the package back in the Community folder and carry on.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Anyone got the ADF to work ?

Two weeks in, so glue comes off, but bumping to put near the top...
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Members who have read this thread: 1