DC Designs SU 27 Flanker Coming Soon.

Thread: DC Designs SU 27 Flanker Coming Soon.

DC Designs SU 27 Flanker Coming Soon.

Not my pictures, they are from D C Designs Discord channel.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by noddy View Post
    Not my pictures, they are from D C Designs Discord channel.

It´s really a good looking Machine , it is !!! ....

HB

If he gets the flightmodel right, then it will be big fun.

There was this FSX model quite a few years ago of which I can't remember the dev, but that flightmodel was awesome. It wasn't Bear Studios.

Cheers,

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    If he gets the flightmodel right, then it will be big fun.

There was this FSX model quite a few years ago of which I can't remember the dev, but that flightmodel was awesome. It wasn't Bear Studios.

Cheers,

Priller
    I guess you mean ALS Sim one? I was on the beta team for that one. Good fun. About 13 years ago, it seems.
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Im known for being against fighter jets in flightsim, but this one ill bit, buy and enjoy. There's something about the Flanker Family I like.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Not my cup of tea at all, but if DC is branching out into Soviet/Russian aircraft, an Ilyushin Il-76 would be most welcome. I don't think we've had a decent one in any Microsoft flight sim.

Returning to the Flanker for a moment, that riveted panel line below and forward of the canopy looks a bit ropey.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mugel View Post
    I guess you mean ALS Sim one? I was on the beta team for that one. Good fun. About 13 years ago, it seems.
    Yep, that's the one!

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

Seems DC did improve his skills a lot - first fighter which looks increadibly detailed and real in MSFS. Although russian aircraft are a no go to me, this project gets a thumps up on my part...
    Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    Seems DC did improve his skills a lot - first fighter which looks increadibly detailed and real in MSFS. Although russian aircraft are a no go to me, this project gets a thumps up on my part...

Well quite frankly, DC and many others don't design the 3d model, they just buy it off many of the websites and then do the difficult part of making it fly well in the sim/animation;etc. Model is beautiful but it's not DC's own design. He purchases the model (like many other developers) from many of the 3d sites online. This model is from the following site: DC hasn't even painted any custom colors yet, just using whatever came with the model.

https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models...-model-1289314

Quote Originally Posted by GO_Navy View Post
    Well quite frankly, DC and many others don't design the 3d model, they just buy it off many of the websites and then do the difficult part of making it fly well in the sim/animation;etc. Model is beautiful but it's not DC's own design. He purchases the model (like many other developers) from many of the 3d sites online. This model is from the following site: DC hasn't even painted any custom colors yet, just using whatever came with the model.

Interesting! Thanks for the info!

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

Quote Originally Posted by GO_Navy View Post

Thanks for the heads up..
    You have to wonder on how extensive the instruments and systems will be modeled. Certainly ALS and Bear Studios aircraft could provide good reference info.

building a 3d model of instrument and rigging/animating is cake walk. You just need blender and gimp and little bit of xml code, and you can get that done.

Now if you have to code html gauges from scratch, that's definitely more work. I don't know html so if I were to build a plane, I will end up using Asobo stock html/wasm screens.

You obviously have a great deal of knowledge and experience in MSFS development work.
    Mathias

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    You obviously have a great deal of knowledge and experience in MSFS development work.
    I don’t need to have all that experience to see the obvious or do basic 3D modeling. 😉

But thanks for your compliment anyway. 😎

That's even more impressive!
    Mathias

Members who have read this thread: 1