B-58 Hustler WIP

Thread: B-58 Hustler WIP

B-58 Hustler WIP

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...lopment/611612

Includes an animated render of the main gear. This thing looks promising!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Excellent! The first model airplane I ever built was a 1/72 scale Hustler. Back then, it looked so "space-age" futuristic. It's always been one of my favorites. Nice to know I might get to fly a really good model in the sim.
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

Not a huge fan of jets, but this one ticks all of the boxes for me. Such a beautiful design.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...lopment/611612

Includes an animated render of the main gear. This thing looks promising!
    That looks very good.

Hope they get the shape of the wing tips right, they curve down at the tips when viewed from behind, also the outer nacelle pod pylons need the trailing edge to be changed and the large pod needs a bit of a shape up, but it's work in progress, and I'm sure it'll get sorted. Glad to see someone building a new Hustler for MSFS, I enjoyed making that for FSX.

Now this is worth getting excited over
    -building a new sig as you see this!-

Quote Originally Posted by centuryseries View Post
    Hope they get the shape of the wing tips right, they curve down at the tips when viewed from behind, also the outer nacelle pod pylons need the trailing edge to be changed and the large pod needs a bit of a shape up, but it's work in progress, and I'm sure it'll get sorted. Glad to see someone building a new Hustler for MSFS, I enjoyed making that for FSX.
    TBH all the proportions looks incorrect. Maybe it's the camera angles. I don't want to ignite any firestorms about being nit picky etc, but I think it's ok to say it. I'm not being nit picky. The entire proportions of the exterior look just strange to me. Doesn't mean it's not going to be a fun addon though. It's nice to actually see something big, pointy and fast.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by Mach3DS View Post
    TBH all the proportions looks incorrect. Maybe it's the camera angles. I don't want to ignite any firestorms about being nit picky etc, but I think it's ok to say it. I'm not being nit picky. The entire proportions of the exterior look just strange to me. Doesn't mean it's not going to be a fun addon though. It's nice to actually see something big, pointy and fast.
    Curved wing to the tips appear to be missing in those screen shots. I does look a little bulky in the screens. But really too early to tell anything final.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Curved wing to the tips appear to be missing in those screen shots. I does look a little bulky in the screens. But really too early to tell anything final.
    Yes, could be. I'll tell you what it reminds me of. You ever read Calvin and Hobbes (the cartoon strip)? Bill Watterson was a fabulous artist, and was very good at taking complex shapes and reducing them to a simpler form. That B-58 reminds me of something he would draw. It has a slight cartoonish feel to it. I can't put my finger on it.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by Mach3DS View Post
    Yes, could be. I'll tell you what it reminds me of. You ever read Calvin and Hobbes (the cartoon strip)? Bill Watterson was a fabulous artist, and was very good at taking complex shapes and reducing them to a simpler form. That B-58 reminds me of something he would draw. It has a slight cartoonish feel to it. I can't put my finger on it.
    The developer has received some feedback and is working through the model.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Members who have read this thread: 0