Akagi from Midway found

Thread: Akagi from Midway found

Akagi from Midway found

I knew about this a week or 2 ago but lost the link.

https://www.aol.com/news/video-provi...050204614.html

Hiede

Damn, 5 kilometers below the surface... I have quite a fear of the sea/deep water, even swimming pool is quite the test, images of ship wrecks always give me chills. I like WW2 ships so news about wrecks being discovered, filmed and documented is always good, if there are documentaries about say Bismarck, Yamato or others ships/naval events I always watch them but so deep under the surface, no light, and then a wreck, god that's sad and scary at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiede View Post
    I knew about this a week or 2 ago but lost the link. https://www.aol.com/news/video-provi...050204614.html Hiede
    Okay, from the Japanese carriers Soryu and Hiryu are still missing, Kaga was found 2019..... Good, the Mikuma would still be a larger ship from the Midway fight I would be interested times, where the last major warship of the German, armored ship Lützow (the former Germany) in the Baltic Sea rests The rest of kriegsmarine fleet has been found, actually missing only the Nuremberg, the small cruiser was loaded with poison gas shells sunk in the North Sea, should actually be in good condition

I like the fact that the sites will be left alone but if anything was brought up the Navy should retrieve one of the Devastators from the Yorktown site for the Naval Air Museum. Even if it was preserved and displayed as found (to choose that path would make a nice memorial) we'd at least have an example to view.

I'd like to see more video of the Akagi with the same quality as the shots of the chrysanthemum on her bow.

Members who have read this thread: 1