Problem with 1.34.16.0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem with 1.34.16.0

SOH-CM-2023

Icon9 Problem with 1.34.16.0

The download took about 20 min.
    Now it has been decompressing for 45 min on the ms/hughes/hurcules.
    Since it is not getting anywhere I have exited MSFS.
    What is the best method to start over again.

SOH-CM-2024
    On third try here. I'm about to give up, already copied my Community folder over. I'm letting it run, I either wake up with it still running, installed, CTD, or BSOS. Ifit has not installed, I'll uninstall the entire mess clean out the registry and reinstall from the Xbox Console. It will have no choice but to install the latest version! Too many of us trying to get it probably.

Cazzie

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by jimjones View Post
    The download took about 20 min.
    Now it has been decompressing for 45 min on the ms/hughes/hurcules.
    Since it is not getting anywhere I have exited MSFS.
    What is the best method to start over again.
    Anyway you start over, from the MSFS icon, the MS Store, or the Xbox, you going to get the same result. It's FUBAR for the time being. Best wait until tomorrow when the lines are probably freer.

Couple of other items from this upsate- Seemes to have lost the enhanced DC3 model with the 4K textures. It also aborts early into the download from the content folder or the marketplace. - The Hercules only has 4 of the 8 engines running.There were apparently updates to both of these today. Oh well. may try again tomorrow after the dust settles.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Ive only had a pesky issue in the World Updates mainly USA2, no issues anywhere else atm.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Angry

Yeah, it seems like the update downloads are FUBAR at the moment. They had an extra week to prepare the bandwidth. I guess they didn't prepare very well.
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

SOH-CM-2024
    Who designs this crap. I finally got it downloaded, went to the Content Manager and there was 15 more Updates. My first failed and I was told to restart the sim. I did and there was yet another Mandatory Update that is installing now just as slow as the original. Who's coding this mess, the Chi-Coms?

SOH-CM-2024
    This is the crap of which I speak. Why has it not opened?

Attachment 91830

SOH-CM-2023
    Thanks, gentleman, for your comments and suggestions.
    I will wait awhile before trying again.
    I should have guessed there was a big problem when I first started to update the program files. It took a minute or two before the spinning ring stopped and the d/l resumed.
    This is my first d/l problem updating since I have a fast internet connection.
    It was disappointing to watch the progress bar advance then retreat several times.

SOH-CM-2024
    I just shut the monitor off and went to bed, When I awoke early, it was done and I had no problems getting the Content Manager updates this morning, came in fast. Like I said, servers were simply overwhelmed yesterday.

Cazzie

No problems here , but it took longer then ever ... 3.5-4 hour´s for the whole package ~

It's hanging forever at decompressing WU II dallas ford worth patch. Second attempt today, no luck so far.
    Mathias

Well here we go. I just started the simulator this morning and found the update.

Hopefully I have better luck than everyone yesterday.

For me a 3.38GB download takes a long time.
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

SOH-CM-2024
    Well, my son built me a box burner and I was flying in MSFS like nobody's business until Sim Update 13. After a full day downloading the update, I can't fly more than 30 seconds before MSFS CTDs. What a dynamic and unholy eff-up Asobo and Microsoft. Fix this crap or go back to the last version! I wish one could backdate MSFS, Sim Update 13 is a just a total FUBAR!

I guess if nothing else, I'll have to once again uninstall MSFS and go through the hassle of reinstalling everything. Not like I haven't had to do it before with this POS platform. Color me totally peed off!

Cazzie

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    Well, my son built me a box burner and I was flying in MSFS like nobody's business until Sim Update 13. After a full day downloading the update, I can't fly more than 30 seconds before MSFS CTDs. What a dynamic and unholy eff-up Asobo and Microsoft. Fix this crap or go back to the last version! I wish one could backdate MSFS, Sim Update 13 is a just a total FUBAR!

I guess if nothing else, I'll have to once again uninstall MSFS and go through the hassle of reinstalling everything. Not like I haven't had to do it before with this POS platform. Color me totally peed off!

Cazzie

Try the Repair function , you find it in the "App" , just rightclick .... options ....

HB

"Aller guten Dinge sind drei" as we say over here.
    Everything's running now after the third attempt.
    Mathias

I'm going to do what I always do after an update is released. Wait a couple of days!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Brytskiva View Post
    Try the Repair function , you find it in the "App" , just rightclick .... options ....

HB
    I did that, both in the MSFS App settings and in the Xbox console, no dice.

The solution to stuck on decompressing for me was something I found on an Aerosoft thread

• Close the sim
    • Navigate to the Package installation folder
    • Delete the packages *.fspatch or *.fspackage
    • reboot computer
    • start MSFS and give it another go

For those with computer expertise at my level that means ending in fspatch or fspackage ,so there will be more than one file

In effect it, downloads the updates and starts decompressing from fresh files is my understanding

For good measure I also moved my community folder to the desktop and chucked it back in the packages folder after it updated but I suspect that wasn't the problem

Expanding on the above... Close the sim, open the Packages\Official\OneStore (or Steam) folder, delete anything that's not a folder, restart. I had to do that twice. One of the DC-3 packages started the download loop for me. Second try, I deleted not just the file, but all the other DC-3 content that had been installed with the update. I don't know if it was a coincidence, but it worked that time. Then I went to the Content Manager for the updates there. Everything ran fine until the NZ world update package. That one just kept looping after five tries. Neither cancelling and retrying from inside the sim nor the close/delete/restart method would work. So now I have a constant notification that there's an update waiting, but I'm going to hold off another day or so before trying it again. It's not a mandatory update, so the sim runs fine as-is.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

The official forum has a set of instructions for the close/delete/restart process that's more detailed:
    https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...-issues/610903
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Another update...

I tried running the NZ update again, and it still hung on the first file - the POI update. So I split the item in the Content Manager (list icon on the right end of each entry), then installed the three airports first. No problems there. Then I selected the POI entry and hit the install button. It looped one time on me, then when it restarted itself, it finally started loading, albeit rather slow. Not to jinx it, but at the moment, it seems to be running. I'm keeping an eye on it as I sit on the couch on my laptop.

Edit: It's still looping... Guess I'll have to start a thread over on the official forum...
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

From the official site:

On Windows PC:
    NOTE: This may cause the deleted content from Step 4/5 to need to be redownloaded/reinstalled.

Close Microsoft Flight Simulator.
    Open File Explorer (Windows key + E) and navigate to the “Official” folder. Depending on your platform/install location, you’ll find the Official folder here:

On Windows PC (Microsoft Store/Xbox App):

C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\Packages\Micro soft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Pack ages\Official or your custom location where you installed the simulator. You may also have one more sub folder called OneStore where you will find the files as well.

On Windows PC (Steam):

C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Official or your custom location where you installed the simulator.

If you installed Microsoft Flight Simulator from a disc:

C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\MSFSPackages\O fficial

Within the Official folder, delete any file that is not in a folder.
    If you know the exact file name the Installation Manager indicates is stuck at decompressing, delete that file.

Within the Official folder, open the .fscontent folder and note the names of any files within (if the folder is empty, skip to the next step).

Return to the Official folder and delete any file folders which correspond to a file in the .fscontent folder.

Delete the .fscontent folder.

Relaunch Microsoft Flight Simulator and you’ll be prompted to update.

SOH-CM-2024
    Expanding on all of the above. I just Uninstalled the entire POS, ran a Registry clean up, and am now at 50% Reinstalling. And yes, I do and did back up my Community folder. That alone took nearly two hours. It's not like I have not done it before. I'll take a flight and if it still CTDs, I'll know it's the dang Update and not some 3rd party App causing it. If it does, I'm done with MSFS 2020 until Asobo and MS fix it. Worst drug I have ever done, expensive, time-consuming, frustrating as Hell, and yet one can't live without it.

Cazzie

Deleting that .fscontent folder fixed my DC-3 Enhanced download. Once that folder was gone, smooth sailing on the download. Free Beer! j
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Members who have read this thread: 1