A few from Cosford

Thread: A few from Cosford

A few from Cosford

On the way home from camping in Wales, i swung by RAF Cosford museum, i wanted to view the new restored Wellington, but also to say hi to Black 6, remembering when i used to see it as an airshow performer before its accident and retirement to the RAF Museum, A few other bits and piece's including a nice later war Hurricane, one of the last built in 1944 and used for training, didnt take to many, camera battery was about to die on me, well worth a visit if in the area.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1010769.jpg   P1010767 (2).jpg   P1010787.jpg   P1010783 (2).jpg   P1010779.jpg   P1010775.jpg  

P1010782.jpg   P1010771 (2).jpg  

Nice one Ian, love Cossie.

Especially all the Axis stuff. Unfortunately they've moved a lot to Hendon, so it means a visit there as well (not a bad thing though!).

Yes, remember Black 6, being in north Essex, I always went to Duxford. It was at Hendon after the accident and repair, and now at Cosford. Still think they retired it too early, considering what's still flying today.

Cheers

Shessi

Great photo's Ian. Thanks for posting.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Nice one Ian, love Cossie.

Especially all the Axis stuff. Unfortunately they've moved a lot to Hendon, so it means a visit there as well (not a bad thing though!).

Yes, remember Black 6, being in north Essex, I always went to Duxford. It was at Hendon after the accident and repair, and now at Cosford. Still think they retired it too early, considering what's still flying today.

Cheers

Shessi
    They most certainly did,it came to Cosford once for one airshow,it joined the overhead,landed and parked up.
    It did it's display slot then landed again.IIRC it stayed overnight and returned home on the Monday after the Sunday show,must've been very late 80's/early 90's.

SOH-CM-2023
    Shessi, Unfortunately one no longer has a museum of qualified pilots to draw upon who are current on type for the risk level to take in getting the aircraft back in its hangar without damage. One has to convert to a Tiger these days.....
    Keith

Members who have read this thread: 0