Mount Cook livery for Jahn DC-3/C-47 Please

Thread: Mount Cook livery for Jahn DC-3/C-47 Please

Hybrid View

Icon5 Mount Cook livery for Jahn DC-3/C-47 Please

Shalom and greetings,

Do any of you have or can any of you please be kind enough to paint Mount Cook livery for latest version 3.12 Jahn C-47/DC-3 model base, please?

If you have the livery as seen on the photos below, please let me know the name of repainter so that I can ask him or her permission FIRST before asking you to send me the livery because it is against copyright rules to re-distribute liveries without permission from repainters.

Look at the wings

Thanks,

Aharon

Simulator

Will you be flying it in FSX/P3/d 1,2,3 or Prepar3D V4? It will make a difference in the textures. I did not see any repaints for the DC3 only other aircrafts for Mount Cook...

I checked the inventory here for aka Wild Bill Kelso artwork and that particular Dc-3 was not listed so it looks like it has not yet been done. It does look nice.

I did find some ai aircraft in that livery

https://library.avsim.net/esearch.ph...ia&DLID=218707

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    Will you be flying it in FSX/P3/d 1,2,3 or Prepar3D V4? It will make a difference in the textures. I did not see any repaints for the DC3 only other aircrafts for Mount Cook...

This Helps

This will give the repainter the tail logo and the colors to match in the particular favorite painting program (mine is Adobe Photoshop now that I have learned its intricacies). I think that unless someone more talented than I steps up and volunteers to do this, I'll "give it a go" this week in spare time. I have a busy week teaching with tests to administer all week before quarter's end Friday. I'll post my progress here. I have to go and find what I did with the paint kit.

If painters like YoYo and Jankees had not left P3D for MSFS this one probably would of been done long ago.

This will give the repainter the tail logo and the colors to match in the particular favorite painting program (mine is Adobe Photoshop now that I have learned its intricacies). I think that unless someone more talented than I steps up and volunteers to do this, I'll "give it a go" this week in spare time. I have a busy week teaching with tests to administer all week before quarter's end Friday. I'll post my progress here. I have to go and find what I did with the paint kit.

Will you be flying it in FSX/P3/d 1,2,3 or Prepar3D V4? It will make a difference in the textures.
    My apologies to you and all for forgetting to mention flight sim. I am using FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2 but I believe any P3Dv1-3 livery will work on FSX unless anybody corrects me and tells me I am wrong.

Regards,

Aharon

This shade of blue looks faded or maybe the photos are old and faded; Some of the other MT Cook liveries are a vivid blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    Shalom and greetings,

Do any of you have or can any of you please be kind enough to paint Mount Cook livery for latest version 3.12 Jahn C-47/DC-3 model base, please?

If you have the livery as seen on the photos below, please let me know the name of repainter so that I can ask him or her permission FIRST before asking you to send me the livery because it is against copyright rules to re-distribute liveries without permission from repainters.

Look at the wings

Thanks,

Aharon
    Last edited by gray eagle; September 10th, 2023 at 06:54.

I'd give it a go myself but I don't have the paintkit; I'm given to understand that it was withdrawn from the Library due to .... well, circumstances ..... and I've not been able to locate elsewhere.
    Andy

Too Bad

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    I'd give it a go myself but I don't have the paintkit; I'm given to understand that it was withdrawn from the Library due to .... well, circumstances ..... and I've not been able to locate elsewhere.
    If it was withdrawn from the library then I don't believe that anyone can give it to you. I am fortunate to have it so I am going to try and do the repaint and will post progress here. I have a couple hours this afternoon and then will see what next week because i have "a full plate". It will be completed as time allows and that does not mean months like sometimes happens to us all. I think a week or two. Haven't ever flown in New Zealand since my one visit there was by ship on a stormy night a long time ago. Will be fun to virtually to fly around once this is completed.

Also Found This Online

Here is an earlier photo of the C47 in Mount Cook Airline Livery:

Mount Cook Airlines operated four DC3's from 1961 to 1978. I searched for a long time and cannot find when they updated the livery from this to the ones above which I assume was the last livery used on the DC3's. As Gray Eagle said above, the earlier blue above and the later blues are differant. The "lily" is the same just different sizes. After this they updated to the 748 and then ATRs as well as smaller aircraft like the DH6 twin Otter.

If it was withdrawn from the library then I don't believe that anyone can give it to you.
    And I wasn't asking anybody to do so, I am aware of the circumstances that led to its removal. I was simply expressing frustration that I was unable to help. Looks like my input is not welcome, so I'll steer clear from now on.
    Andy

Sorry I Misunderstood

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    And I wasn't asking anybody to do so, I am aware of the circumstances that led to its removal. I was simply expressing frustration that I was unable to help. Looks like my input is not welcome, so I'll steer clear from now on.
    I certainly didn't mean that at all and please continue to add your input. I could not understand why it was no longer IN the library which is where I got i when it was first uploaded. I KNOW you were not asking anyone to send it to you. I am not aware of why it was removed and I AM not asking you to share that. Now to the purpose of this. I have found both these liveries and they were both used at different times. It seems from MY research and I will surely accept a correction from any New Zealanders who do know that the pale blue was used in the 1960s and the darker blue in the late 1960s and 70s up to when the C47/DC3 was retired. Interesting, in Flightsim.to there is a repaint for the Aeroplane Heaven DC3 in Mount Cook Livery for MSFS. I have their DC3 for P3D4.5. I may repaint that one to fly too for myself and can share too.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    This shade of blue looks faded or maybe the photos are old and faded; Some of the other MT Cook liveries are a vivid blue.
    Gray Eagle, that light blue is the correct colour of the earlier livery, (back in the day as per PeteHam). The more vivid blue came later. I quite often used to see ZK-BEU in the vivid blue livery parked on the grass (in that exact spot in the photo) at Christchurch Airport around about 1976 or 78. Looking forward to the early blue livery repaint! (I use FSX Acceleration)
    Mark

Got it

Quote Originally Posted by mrogers View Post
    Gray Eagle, that light blue is the correct colour of the earlier livery, (back in the day as per PeteHam). The more vivid blue came later. I quite often used to see ZK-BEU in the vivid blue livery parked on the grass (in that exact spot in the photo) at Christchurch Airport around about 1976 or 78. Looking forward to the early blue livery repaint! (I use FSX Acceleration)
    I will create the early light blue livery for FSX first for ya'all.

As The Genie Said

Your wish is my command...when everything goes together and it's a joy to create it doesn't take a lot of time. I also learned a new technique in Photoshop working on this. Thanks to the C-47 team for a beautiful paint kit to work with. That made it really nice as well. Here is the Mount Cook Southern Lakes Airlines Ltd. C-47 image at Christchurch (default FSX) and the texture:https://www.mediafire.com/file/ufo22...tcook.zip/file Please let me know how it works here. I did not include a readme trusting you know how to add the texture and update your aircraft.cfg

Last edited by tgycgijoes; September 12th, 2023 at 11:43.

That's lovely, thank you so much for doing that livery.
    Mark

Updates

After reading the comments, thank you all, I went to the "Paint Shed" this past couple of hours and updated the texture. The lily is smaller and repositioned; the "Mount Cook Lily" is below as it is in real life and the photo; I lightened up the color of the tail which had to be done arbitrarily because of the natural metal being dark underneath and also removed the alpha channel which was "messing" with the texture. I may try and put in one only on the natural metal but that will take some time to do not just a DXTBMP one click fix. Also, the FSDeveloper who was helping me with alpha channels gave me a tip. Finally learned how to curve the type to fit under the lily with a really good Youtube video and thankfully worked with my old version of Photoshop. Here is a screen shot and also the updated C-47_T_2.dds to copy and paste into your texture folder.

I am going to upload a new C-47_T_2.dds in just a bit so give me a little while because I forgot, being an American repainter that the registration is on the top right and bottom left wings respectively so I have to add that and give you a new link and then I think this will be done.

Here is the new link to the updated wings and all the other changes above:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/yug75...7_2_T.dds/file

Tgycgijoes,

Thank you very very very much for your kindness in painting that livery. It is much appreciated!!! Much appreciated and very grateful!!

With great many thanks,

Aharon

After reading the comments, thank you all, I went to the "Paint Shed" this past couple of hours and updated the texture....
    Very nice..!!

Members who have read this thread: 2