OZx grumman goose

Thread: OZx grumman goose

OZx grumman goose

I have the OZx Grumman Goose and it works quite well in P3D V5.4

There are two folders one is Grumman_Goose_G21A and the other is Grumman_Goose_G21A_HP.

It looks like both folders have the same liveries so what is the difference between them?

Are both folders needed?

OZx grumman goose

The answer is YES.
    Bottom of first page of the document OZx_HD_Goose_ Redux.pdf mentions the main difference between both models, the standard, and the High Performance, due to different engines.
    Nice flights, and keep the blue above!
    Windows 10 x64, Z170A Gaming Pro Mobo, i7-6700K CPU (no O/C), 32 Gb DDR4 RAM, RTX3060 12Gb, P3D v5 latest edition, mesh Toposim, packs ORBX FTX Global Base + Vector + OpenLC, + Trees HD, ASP3D, ASCA, P3D v6 latest edition, mesh Toposim + TEP, X-Plane 12, simHeaven X-World, M2XP Antarctica

A few more questons about the OZX goose. The first folder is Grumman_Goose_G21A and the other is Grumman_Goose_G21A_HP.

What does the HP stand for?

Are the textures in the GF21A folder the original textures that came with FSX back in the day? Those textures are just numberes 0 to 6

Both folders contain Grumman_Goose_G21A.air - Why?

From reading the manual it looks like the GS21 folder contained the lower Horse Power engines and the other HP folder the bigger engines

When both folders are loaded into P3DV5 I see some of the liveries were published my Microsoft and some OZx HD team.

I looked in the aircraft cfg folder and did not see any microsoft corp entries in there.

Also both folders contain the same model mdl.

At one time, I was using just the HP folder. The G21 folder has just Paint 1 to 6 liveries numbers.

Perhaps Pam (Warcraft) Brooker revived contents of both folders or did she do just the one HP and contents?

Sorry to thread crash .....

Wild Bill Kelso's gorgeous looking Mount Cook repaint prompted me to go looking (again) to see if I could find the OZx Goose; his supplied link doesn't work, but that is no surprise as the AussieX site has been AWOL for a good few years now. Is there an updated link to a version of their site, or is there any other place that this model has been preserved, as I'd dearly love to fill the Goose-sized hole in my FSX hangar?
    Andy

If you are looking for his MT Cook goose it is in the library here. Can't speak for the other files.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    Wild Bill Kelso's gorgeous looking Mount Cook repaint prompted me to go looking (again) to see if I could find the OZx Goose; his supplied link doesn't work, but that is no surprise as the AussieX site has been AWOL for a good few years now. Is there an updated link to a version of their site, or is there any other place that this model has been preserved, as I'd dearly love to fill the Goose-sized hole in my FSX hangar?

Andy,
    I did a trawl and found only one FSX update for the default Goose – it is at FlightSim labelled “FSX Grumman Goose Package V2.1” and is by Vladimir Gonchar.

Alternatively, I can make a copy of my Redux files available, either by uploading here or by giving acces to a copy in my DropBox.

Which would you prefer ?
    Ro

Members who have read this thread: 1