Milviz F-86 control panel

Thread: Milviz F-86 control panel

Milviz F-86 control panel

I've installed the F-86 outside of the core P3Dv5.4 and to my Addons folder

For the most part, it all functions well except for the SHIFT +2 config screen which blank but there are live clickable hotspots that will show the chock and startcart. Something in the panel
    folder is amiss or or the panel.cfg folder or some path, I would like to see the visible config options. If I let the installer install to main core of P3DV5 the config is visible and works fine.

I also posted this over at Avsim and have provided some images there - the first part of the post at Avsim has been resolved, it is the 2nd part about the blank panel config panel
    that I am looking for solutions. Why that panel is blank when I install the F-86 to my addons folder and not blank when I point the install to the P3D V5 core has be confused.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/6...don-directory/

Hiya, Butch!

Left a quick little blurb over at the other site about comparing the panel.cfgs from both of the installs. I only have my FSX brain to use!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

I left a reply over at avsim.... the panel.cfg is identical at both locations.

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Hiya, Butch!

Left a quick little blurb over at the other site about comparing the panel.cfgs from both of the installs. I only have my FSX brain to use!

I found that the control panel only works for me if I install the F86 directly into the P3D core folders.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Beans View Post
    I found that the control panel only works for me if I install the F86 directly into the P3D core folders.
    That would confirm that Butch's installs are doing what they should be doing!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Appreciate the reply, and for some reason that aircraft config panel functions if the f-86 is installed to the P3D core. I did note that while installed in the addons folder
    the config panel will work but with a black panel it's like pin the tail on the donkey; if I click in the center of the black panel I might show the chocks or the start cart,and
    why the blue panel doesn't show while in the P3D core is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Beans View Post

This issue defies logic!

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Appreciate the reply, and for some reason that aircraft config panel functions if the f-86 is installed to the P3D core. I did note that while installed in the addons folder
    the config panel will work but with a black panel it's like pin the tail on the donkey; if I click in the center of the black panel I might show the chocks or the start cart,and
    why the blue panel doesn't show while in the P3D core is beyond me.

Issue Solved

I got some sage advise on how to remedy the blank panel when installing the F-86 to the P3D addon folder
    and thought I'd share the solution for those that want to install this program outside the P3D core i.e. addon folder:

The program is looking for the aformentioned gauge images inside the root of P3d, e.g.
    G:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\SimObjects\Airplanes\Milviz F-86\Panel\misc.png
    As a workaround I created a folder in the root of P3D and copied the gauge image files only into the newly created path, e.g.
    G:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\SimObjects\Airplanes\Milviz F-86\Panel
    And the gauge images now display fine.
    Last edited by gray eagle; September 11th, 2023 at 09:35.

Could this be applied to their 737 which also have functionality issues with control panel in 5.3?

Microsoft does have a tool to record real time file access which can be handy for finding paths applications maybe looking for, it does record a quite huge amount of data though but it can be filtered.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sy...nloads/procmon

Perhaps you could run the program and find where and what it is looking for during operating of the sim - or... you could mimic what I have done with the F-86 but substitute relevant png files in the panel
    folder of your 737 - it might work as they may of used the same logic. I know that their F-100 is a little different - the config is seen when you open P3D and in the addon drop down you then see
    a F100 config menu. A bit different then what they did with their F-86.

Quote Originally Posted by William Njurmi View Post
    Could this be applied to their 737 which also have functionality issues with control panel in 5.3?

Members who have read this thread: 2