Why do your children make old men drool?

Thread: Why do your children make old men drool?

SOH-CM-2024

Why do your children make old men drool?

My son Addison just forwarded this image of the new unit he and Phillip built for me. Now I want to drive up, pick him up and bring him back to set it up. But they are leaving for the Bahamas tomorrow, so I'll have to drool another week dang it. Now I'm going to be cruel to be kind and make you drool too!

Cazzie

Attachment 91679

Even with context this topic probably needs rewording - I mean….
    the new ATI rig does look like a code smasher though
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

I bet that machine can make you a coffee and beam you up to wherever you want.
    Congrats in advance, so to speak. :-)
    Mathias

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    Now that is a sweet little rig !

- Don

Nice rig. I'm currently building my new rig as well. I look forward to seeing the screenshots you can take with this new rig.

SOH-CM-2024
    My son is a computer engineer with a BA from local college Averett in Computer Science, a Masters in Computer Engineering from Penn St., and a PHD and Certificate from MIT in Computer Engineering. He is Head Engineer and code writer over five other engineers at OZMO in Blacksburg. He says this should be a code breaker.

Cazzie

Blog Entries
    Is that a Quantum Computer running an AI? One question. Where are the data storage drives? Are they in a separate cryogenic storage facility?

I guess that was two questions. O’ well, enjoy your new system.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

I could be wrong, but it looks like the NVMe drive's heatsink is just above the video card and just below the (2) water cooling hoses ...... has "OL" or "GL" or "01" written on it (I can't see it that well). There may be more on that mother board.

_ Don

SOH-CM-2024
    John,

I have enough HDD and SSD externals storage for all my pix, data, docs, etc. This unit will have a 2 TB Samsung SSD and other than the necessary Windows programs will be for nothing else but MSFS 2020 and when it comes out MSFS 2024. Even my MSFS sceneries, liveries, and downloads will be stored on an external 2 TB SSD drive. I might be old, but I know how to get my ducks in a row. There are two 32 GB sticks in there, giving me a total of 64 GB RAM.

Caz

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by FlameOut View Post
    I could be wrong, but it looks like the NVMe drive's heatsink is just above the video card and just below the (2) water cooling hoses ...... has "OL" or "GL" or "01" written on it (I can't see it that well). There may be more on that mother board.

_ Don
    Don, I've been a geek since the mid 80s, but my son outgeeks me in cubes. He says it's a code breaker, so I have take his word for it. He writes code in seven computer languages and is learning the 8th; Python.

Caz

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by FlameOut View Post

_ Don
    Don, It appears to be "01. or O1." to me. But that's Greek, not Geek to me. What does it mean?

Caz

I think it is just some sort of labeling or numbering system that the mother board manufacturer stamped on there.

Below is a zoomed-in screenie of my ASUS Z590-E mobo and it has (4) NVMe slots as I've indicated with the yellow rectangles underneath those (3) heat sinks.

Screenshot Z 590 E by Donald McCann, on Flickr

-Don

Members who have read this thread: 1