Upcoming BS Release!

Thread: Upcoming BS Release!

Upcoming BS Release!

Black Square, that is!

This time it's the TBM 850 with all its glorious analog goodness and three levers for stoking the fire. It's drop-dead gorgeous, but I'm on the fence. I'm rather happy with the current 930 after all the work that's gone into it between Asobo finally getting the doors to operate and WT getting the Garmins up to speed, but this thing has a beauty all its own. Here's the official announcement on the official forums...

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...bm-850/607459/

The 100+ page manual is already available!
    https://dxhb0it26is40.cloudfront.net...M850Manual.pdf
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

There's a lot more detail in this 850 than the 930 though.... that's the big difference for me.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Blog Entries

TBM-850 This looks to be awesome.

This link is to a Strombirds (a flight sim blogger) email on the pending release of Black-Square/Just Flight TBM 850. I have the Black-Square Beech models. Based on them I think this will be an awesome release for all High Speed GA/TBM fans. And to top it off....the doors open. Can you ask for anything more?

http://stormbirds.blog/2023/08/30/ju...-850-for-msfs/
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Merged second thread...
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I've been looking at this. The modeling is beautiful, but I wish there weren't so many "bells and whistles" type features. Opening doors is nice, but when I fly, I don't care about what the engine looks like. Just give me a visible copilot (I call mine Akeno) and decent dynamic passengers that don't look too much like they could star in a horror movie and I'm good.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Hmm, so this is a real plane and not another cockpit replacement like their other recent products.

I wonder if this is going to affect SWS's plans. I know they're planning to do the 850, 910, and 960. I'm a huge fan of SWS's releases, so hopefully there will just be competition in the market. I know BS's instrument upgrade (downgrade?) packages are highly regarded.

I could be wrong here, but my understanding is that SWS has an official license from Daher for the product, whereas BS doesn't.

The vast majority of MSFS 3rd party aircraft don't have licensing from the real-world manufacturers, and for most customers, the only difference the license will make is a slightly higher price point (those licenses aren't free), and a few more logos appearing on the aircraft because the developers don't have to worry about Textron/Daher/Boeing/Airbus going after them over copyright issues.

Obviously, a license from the manufacturer can get a developer access to "official" documentation and such from the manufacturer that might not be available otherwise, but given the quality of the "unlicensed" payware and freeware currently out there, that doesn't seem to make huge difference in the quality of the final product.

Members who have read this thread: 0