New system coming

Thread: New system coming

SOH-CM-2024

New system coming

Well fellows,

I have uninstalled MSFS 2020 from this computer for the last time. Sometime in the next week I am expecting my son to deliver my new tower that he and his partner built. I'll be going away from Nvidia and using AMD. my son and his partner say it's better for gaming and they are younger than me and should know. Addison is a computer engineer also. I have attached an image of the new PC's contents. Been on an ordering spree, because I plan to keep my old PC and keep all the graphic and other programs on that, never gave me a problem save for MSFS. The new PC will be for MSFS only, will also install MSFS 2024 on it when out. I'll be back with you guys in a week or so and hopefully smoking on MSFS!

Cazzie

Attachment 91659

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    Well fellows,

I have uninstalled MSFS 2020 from this computer for the last time. Sometime in the next week I am expecting my son to deliver my new tower that he and his partner built. I'll be going away from Nvidia and using AMD. my son and his partner say it's better for gaming and they are younger than me and should know. Addison is a computer engineer also. I have attached an image of the new PC's contents. Been on an ordering spree, because I plan to keep my old PC and keep all the graphic and other programs on that, never gave me a problem save for MSFS. The new PC will be for MSFS only, will also install MSFS 2024 on it when out. I'll be back with you guys in a week or so and hopefully smoking on MSFS!

Cazzie
    Hope all goes well with the new rig as I will be looking for one too. I'm open to AMD too but will wait until the dust settles on the MSFS 2024 release before moving forward on this. That may be a real long wait though.

Thank you for posting your hardware list, as that is very helpful.

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

Blog Entries
    Now, I am envious.

Enjoy your new system. May the electrons always flow in the proper direction, may the gates open correctly, and may the lines of code run without error. Okay, maybe I am asking too much with the last code blessing.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

I just hope that MSFS 2024 won't be dependent (to some degree) on their upcoming Windows 12 operating system.

Tommy
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    Logitech M510

Great to have some expert "in family" knowledge & support I'd say

Hope all goes well and that we hear good reports shortly!

Particularly interested in the AMD v Nvidia comparison

SOH-CM-2024

It's all coming together

Well gang, looks like this weekend I may be getting the new PC. I have been preparing for it: gaming keyboard and mouse, new computer L-shaped table to house both PC's. The major obstacle will be getting this 300-lb hulk of a computer hutch I now use out in order to set up my new table which is only 4 stops away according to Amazon. I also got rolling PC stands for both towers, as the new table is open underneath and has no places for PCs. I love these, makes it easy to service and plug or unplug attachments for cleaning. I even bought one for my youngest son, he loves it. Only $15.99 per stand at Amazon, lightweight and most easy to assemble and adjust for one's PC's size, two-day Prime delivery. Highly recommend you folks with large gaming PCs. My back is so bad, it hurts to lift the one I have and the one I am getting is even larger and heavier. So if you're old and feeble like me, get one, you can thank me later. Link to Amazon below for stands.

Cazzie

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B5DCJLY7...roduct_details

Looks like a nice system, Cazzie.

I currently have no sim on my system, and am definitely looking forward to MSFS2024.

The biggest question is, whether or not I will actually make it (without installing 2020) until it's release date.

Getting sim withdrawal symptoms already ..... and still several more months to go, lol !
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    ...I also got rolling PC stands for both towers...
    My Cooler Master HAF 932 full size tower unit (35 pounds give or take) came with removable wheels. On a cushioned rug (that I have) it is still hard to move and requires a good tug to get it moving. Not so good if you have back or knee issues like me. Next go around, I'll go with a much lighter mid-height tower unit, and a better set of wheels. My UPS could also use a set of wheels!

Tommy
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    Logitech M510

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by tommieboy View Post
    My Cooler Master HAF 932 full size tower unit (35 pounds give or take) came with removable wheels. On a cushioned rug (that I have) it is still hard to move and requires a good tug to get it moving. Not so good if you have back or knee issues like me. Next go around, I'll go with a much lighter mid-height tower unit, and a better set of wheels. My UPS could also use a set of wheels!

Tommy
    I have a tile floor and my son a hardwood floor, these stands roll very freely. They are adjustable very easily, my son's PC is huge. They are not mid-height, however, sitting just under three inches off the floor with the wheels. Very easy to assemble also.

Cazzie

Members who have read this thread: 0