9 In A Row! Congrats Ferry & Huub!

Thread: 9 In A Row! Congrats Ferry & Huub!

9 In A Row! Congrats Ferry & Huub!

Hope you guys made it out to the race and stayed somewhat dry!

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Nope, watched it in the comfort of my own home on F1TV. Honestly they would have to pay me to go there..... Terrible music, way too crowded, nasty weather and I'm not even allowed to bring my DSLR.

Congrats to Max though, what an incredible season he's having!
    The Americans are not so lucky this year though, with Haas not performing well and Sargeant showing some pace but also way too many mistakes.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    The Americans are not so lucky this year though, with Haas not performing well and Sargeant showing some pace but also way too many mistakes.
    LOL when have we ever had a good year in F1?
    (Have to go all the way back to Mario Andretti for that!)

But yep, excellent drive by Max in changing conditions!

Nothing against Max, he's a great driver, but wouldn't it be nice to go into the last couple of races in the year and still have no idea who will win the drivers championship?
    Another race, another win for Max, it's like in the old days where every year the New York Yankees win the World Series.
    I will watch all the races, but instead of calling this Formula One racing, it has turned into the Max Verstappen show.

Well you can't blame Max for all others failing this year. I think even Max would prefer some more competition this season.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Icon2

Well you can't blame Max for all others failing this year. I think even Max would prefer some more competition this season.
    Nope we can't blame Max.

But it would be interesting to at least see a team-mate slug fest along the likes of:
    Senna/Prost
    Vettel/Webber
    Hamilton/Alonso
    Hamilton/Rosberg

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post

But it would be interesting to at least see a team-mate slug fest
    Agreed, but with who? Hamilton is not going to happen, Alonso isn't long-term material, Leclerc and Sainz are become less impressive to me. Lando would be my choice for now.

Icon2

Agreed, but with who? Hamilton is not going to happen, Alonso isn't long-term material, Leclerc and Sainz are become less impressive to me. Lando would be my choice for now.
    I believe we had it with Ricciardo for a brief moment.
    But then, (in my opinion), the combination of the Azerbaijan crash between the 2 of them and Helmut caused Ricciardo to leave the team....

We'll have to see how Daniel performs when we gets back into the Alpha Tauri, but right now Liam Lawson isn't doing too bad either, jumping into an F1 car at a wet Zandvoort.

Thanks Ed, I was in France and far away from internet! But I have seen most of the race in a long summary on the British channel 4. It was quite an interesting race mainly due to the rain and the tire choices made.

It is however funny to see people complain about the dominance of Red Bull with Max Verstappen. The dominance of a racing team has been standard in this sport for ages already. We had the Maclaren years, the Williams years, the Ferrari years, the Red Bull years (Vettel period), the Mercedes years to name a few (And long before we already had a period where the German Silver Arrows were dominating the sport. This team dominance can often be linked to a superior team boss, designer or superior engine (and the money required to achieve this). Sometimes there was some competition between team mates, but you can wonder how much competition drivers like Eddy Irvine were for their superior team mates and how much competition drivers like Bottas were allowed to be for Lewis Hamilton.

I think Red Bull has put quite some effort to find a competitive driver next to Verstappen, simply because they needed the points to with the manufacturer's championship. And based on result in the past I at least consider Perez on par with Bottas. But Verstappen is an exceptional talent, who could fight the Mercedes already when the German brand still had the absolute superior car. One thing which makes it difficult in my opinion for Red Bull to find a competitive team mate, is the fact the car is designed (too much) according the wishes of Verstappen.

We will see whether Verstappen will win his 10th race in a row. Personally I really would like to see some completion from Ferrari. I like their drivers, but somehow they can't find the right person to get the team on track again.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    One thing which makes it difficult in my opinion for Red Bull to find a competitive team mate, is the fact the car is designed (too much) according the wishes of Verstappen.
    Which, according to both Horner and Verstappen, is not true:

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ho...ppen/10514506/

Which, according to both Horner and Verstappen, is not true:

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ho...ppen/10514506/
    I had seen that one as well, but I have also seen a lot of comments telling the opposite. In F1 you always have to have some doubts whether what is said is actually true or does it just have a political value.....

Luckily we have a red car on pole tomorrow instead of a Red Bull!

Cheers,
    Huub

In F1 the teams are paid per the results in the constructors' championship. The drivers are paid by their teams. So placing all your bets on one car just isn't logical (Even if your top driver is currently wrapping up the constructor's title all by himself..)

Make that 10 in a row.

Icon2

We'll have to see how Daniel performs when we gets back into the Alpha Tauri, but right now Liam Lawson isn't doing too bad either, jumping into an F1 car at a wet Zandvoort.
    I don't think he's the same.
    I remember Christian saying something to the sort of "he's picked up some bad habits"....

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    I think Red Bull has put quite some effort to find a competitive driver next to Verstappen, simply because they needed the points to with the manufacturer's championship.
    Cheers,
    Huub
    Agreed 100%
    And I think that's part of the reason why Bottas was let go. Sure Hamilton and Rosberg fought tooth & nail, but it was perfect for Mercedes and constructor's!

On a side note, Albon has been looking very good as of late....

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyjo View Post
    Make that 10 in a row.
    Yup!......

Members who have read this thread: 0